ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Monterrey stage yesterday
© Fernando Aceves [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC: Aerosmith Staples Center LA last night Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd February 2006 04:42 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

clearly your opinion is not based on personal observation

I put the Stones, even in their declined state, heads and shoulders above any band. I understand some love Aerosmith, but there are other venues to express that than on obstensibly a site dedictaed to the greatest band ever.....

Canes very disappointing start in baseball this year and basketball team finally won vs. Va. Tech last night.
23rd February 2006 04:42 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I may be dense, but I am smart enough to hate Aerosmith and make more about 1 Million this year..........Hey Tyler, "Got Plastic Surgery".

Damn, smart enough to make a million a year while Aerosmith makes a million a night. Wonder how smart and talented that makes them? Yeah sure plastic surgery is silly but unfortunately is pretty commonplace is all facets of the entertainment and even outside it. Big deal.
23rd February 2006 04:43 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Just like when talking about the Stones he makes stuff up and hope it sticks, often falling flat (like when he insisted the Hollywood Bowl shows were "wide open.") I hope he does a better job for his clients in the courtroom!

Oh I do.....and it usual does......"We want our Aerosmith now!!!"
23rd February 2006 04:51 PM
Saint Sway I think Aerosmith still rock onstage

I also think they are huge commercial sell outs.

I also know that I am a Stones fan that lives in a glass house and won't throw any rocks at another band for selling out.

easy to compare the 2 bands - musically and as cheesy corporate shills.

though Aerosmith performed with Timberlake 1st so maybe they're the "innovators" now :wink:
23rd February 2006 04:52 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think Aerosmith still rock onstage

I also know that I am a Stones fan that lives in a glass house and won't throw any rocks at another band for selling out.

though Aerosmith performed with Timberlake 1st so maybe they're the "innovators" now :wink:

I've been with ya on the Crowes, but please, gimme some slack on Aerosmith....
23rd February 2006 05:02 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think Aerosmith still rock onstage

I thought Pump was a great album, but it had grown stale by the 4th time they aped it. But at least it gave them a bit of staying power so they are still around to put on a show like last night. But yeah the big irony of Aerosmith concerts in the 90's is the amazing musicianship often lacking in the 70's but being spent on sub par material.
23rd February 2006 05:04 PM
jb Hey, it's a great camera commercial!!!!
23rd February 2006 05:06 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Hey, it's a great camera commercial!!!!

Cameras, copiers, printers, Windoze. I am so glad I don't watch television anymore so I don't get offended by Stones, Aerosmith, Zeppelin etc songs in commercials.
23rd February 2006 05:28 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Cameras, copiers, printers, Windoze. I am so glad I don't watch television anymore so I don't get offended by Stones, Aerosmith, Zeppelin etc songs in commercials.

You response to my posts were somewhat surprising!!!!
23rd February 2006 05:33 PM
glencar Joshy, you have my full support in this thread. Aerosmith was okay in concert when I saw them but that was pre-plastic surgery. Tyler looks like a fool now.
24th February 2006 07:18 PM
Starbuck aerosmith is like the stones, only castrated.

the cameras were rolling the last time i listened to an aerosmith album....

24th February 2006 07:54 PM
sbarctogevi Agreed, Aerosmith Rock. It's petty arguing between things that are both good and have their own merits. Read Walk this Way by Steven Davis, you'll have a whole new respect for a band that no longer needs respect, they have earned it already.

Also, Stones Rock Too!!!
24th February 2006 07:57 PM
Dan
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
aerosmith is like the stones, only

Without arthritis, alcoholism, a third guitar player and 3 backup singers.
24th February 2006 08:10 PM
speedfreakjive wtf!

where was Walk This Way, Eat The Rich, Crazy, Pink and Love In An Elavator?
24th February 2006 08:10 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Dan wrote:

Without arthritis, alcoholism, a third guitar player and 3 backup singers.

and two of the best songwriters ever.........................................................
24th February 2006 08:20 PM
Dan
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
wtf!

where was Walk This Way, Eat The Rich, Crazy, Pink and Love In An Elavator?

Walk This Way was 2nd. Thankfully the others were excluded which is why I decided to go. Actually like Love In An Elevator but they don't really need to do it every single show.
24th February 2006 08:38 PM
Riffhard Allow me to weigh in on this on this little cat fight.

If you were to stack Aerosmith's entire album output against just the Stones' "Big Four",the Stones still crush the "Bad Boys from Beantown" every time hands down. It's not even close. JB has once again demonstrated his Stonesian wisdom here,and anyone that dissagrees with Josh on this topic is on the wrong message board,and,quite frankly,full of shit. I mean for fuck's sake even Aerosmith knows that the Stones are their daddys!

Riffy
24th February 2006 08:50 PM
Dan
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Allow me to weigh in on this on this little cat fight.

If you were to stack Aerosmith's entire album output against just the Stones' "Big Four",the Stones still crush the "Bad Boys from Beantown" every time hands down. It's not even close. JB has once again demonstrated his Stonesian wisdom here,and anyone that dissagrees with Josh on this topic is on the wrong message board,and,quite frankly,full of shit. I mean for fuck's sake even Aerosmith knows that the Stones are their daddys!

Actually I would stack Aerosmith's big 4 against the Stones big 4 anyday. Raw raunchy rock n roll the way it was meant to be played. Of course the Stones have it in the album department, they are a generation ahead but it was never my intention to try to compare them to the Stones to begin with, just relate my experience of a great rock n roll concert. And what you call wisdom appears to me as nothing more than petty insecurity from a guy who is always humiliated.
24th February 2006 09:27 PM
Riffhard Uh Dan,I'm not saying that one cannot have a good time at an Aerosmith show. I have seen them several times(free comp tickets via my job),and I have had a decent enough time to be sure. However,at the end of the day,Steven Tyler is nowhere near the front man that Jagger is. Joe Perry does not posess one tenth of the riff talent that Kith Richards has in his little finger. Their little shit drummer boy against Charlie?!?!?! I mean c'mon?!

As for stacking up Aerosmith's musical output against the Stones? Has Aerosmith ever come close to writng a song as good as Midnight Rambler? Hell no! How about Gimme Shelter,Sympathy,Paint It Black,Honky Tonk Women,Jumping Jack Flash,Brown Sugar,Street Fighting Man,YCAGWYW,Satisfaction,Under My Thumb,19th Nervous Breakdown,Get Off My Cloud,LSTNT,....and on,and on,and on...

I contend that the greatest riff that Perry ever wrote was Draw the Line. The rest of that album? Pure shit.

I know your contention was never to actully compare the Stones against Aerosmith,but that is the direction that this thread has taken,and,that being the case,I will laugh at anyone that would try and compare these two bands. It's not even close! Even hardcore Aerosmith fans cannot justify this insane comparrison.

Josh is true fan,and his humiliation is not so much in the Stones,as it is in idiots that question their supreme dominance in the history of rock and roll. Josh knows the score. He is just humiliated that so many others don't.

Riffy
24th February 2006 09:40 PM
Dan Of course, Jagger is the one of the greatest frontman of all time. Never thought Tyler was too great in the all encompassing frontman category, I have just always been a big fan of shrieking along with heavy guitar riffs (same reason I like GNR). However, I think Nobody's Fault is quite possibly the best non Ramones song of the 70's (well besides maybe Rocks Off). And Walk This Way, Back In The Saddle and Sweet Emotion are some of the most infectious riffs ever created. Instantly recognizable. Of course, drummers are drummers, one of the things that sets Charlie apart is perhaps he is the only one I can think of if anybody asks me if I know of any drummers with class. After all, Kramer is the guy who lit himself on fire trying to pump gas into his Ferrari. But as a band together (with all 5 original members stll at it) I would place them at the top of the stack of bands in the third generation of rock n roll.
24th February 2006 10:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Actually I would stack Aerosmith's big 4 against the Stones big 4 anyday. Raw raunchy rock n roll the way it was meant to be played.

I can no longer take anything you post as serious. All credibility is lost with that statement. It is deplorable that more real fans such as jb and myself (and Riffy!) are not grossly offended at your suggestion that any four Aero albums can even be discussed in the same room as Exile, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, or Beggars Banquet (or Some Girls, Goats Head Soup, Aftermath, Tattoo You, Voodoo Lounge, or countless others)
24th February 2006 10:55 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I can no longer take anything you post as serious.

Thats okay, I have felt the same way about you all along. Especially ever since I found out there really ARE people I take seriously who apparently have seen you and JB in the same room at the same time.
24th February 2006 11:08 PM
Starbuck riffy....

quote:
However,at the end of the day,Steven Tyler is nowhere near the front man that Jagger is. Joe Perry does not posess one tenth of the riff talent that Kith Richards has in his little finger. Their little shit drummer boy against Charlie?!?!?! I mean c'mon?!

....i take back all those nasty things i said about you! (you know, about the "politics/WMD" and the like...)...

this one is for you...

and pug, my sweet....

quote:
I can no longer take anything you post as serious. All credibility is lost with that statement. It is deplorable that more real fans such as jb and myself (and Riffy!) are not grossly offended at your suggestion that any four Aero albums can even be discussed in the same room as Exile, Sticky Fingers, Let it Bleed, or Beggars Banquet (or Some Girls, Goats Head Soup, Aftermath, Tattoo You, Voodoo Lounge, or countless others)

you....have composed something akin to tolstoy.

for you we have something special....

and as for "dan".....

quote:
Actually I would stack Aerosmith's big 4 against the Stones big 4 anyday. Raw raunchy rock n roll the way it was meant to be played.

i can only say one thing :

24th February 2006 11:14 PM
Dan
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

and as for "dan".....

i can only say one thing :

Nothing at all. Pathetic really. (I am on dialup, I just hit stop , not going to wait for whatever it is to load).
24th February 2006 11:29 PM
ResidentMule what exactly are Aerosmith's "big four"?

coming from someone who ones most of their albums, I can't even compare their one standout record (Rocks) to any of the dozen or so Stones albums either mentioned above or deserving mention (I'm not gonna look back, I'm just used to Between the Buttons always getting the shaft). Toys in the Attic & Pump are pretty high up the Aerosmith standard but nowhere near being among the greatest albums of all time. a few others have some good stuff on them (Kings & Queens off Draw the Line being one of my favorites). can't remember the last time I listened to any of them though - give me Amorica any day

I had hopes of seeing them this tour but having to buy Stones tickets made it bad timing for me. shame since the setlists are starting to get a little intereting again, even if most of my personal favorites are missing. saw em back in 01 - the album was pretty much an all time low for them but it was still a hell of a show
24th February 2006 11:30 PM
Starbuck oh danny...

wait for the load. you will see the light.

aerosmith was the leading cause of genital warts in pawtucket last year. its a fact, jack!
24th February 2006 11:37 PM
Dan
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
what exactly are Aerosmith's "big four"?

Personally I consider it the first four, being pretty much perfect from start to finish. To me, a perfect album by definition can't be any better or worse than any other perfect album.

quote:

I had hopes of seeing them this tour but having to buy Stones tickets made it bad timing for me. shame since the setlists are starting to get a little intereting again, even if most of my personal favorites are missing. saw em back in 01 - the album was pretty much an all time low for them but it was still a hell of a show

I was never able to listen to that album in its entirely (borrowed but not copied). You should have gave it a shot this time around. Just like the Stones stadium gigs, its cheap tickets galore outside. But I am pretty much used to deciding what concerts are worth to me and then showing up and paying just that.
24th February 2006 11:41 PM
Dan
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
oh danny...

wait for the load. you will see the light.

No thanks, your general tone suggests otherwise.

quote:

aerosmith was the leading cause of genital warts in pawtucket last year. its a fact, jack!

Probably. Apparently Tyler fucks anything that moves so its not hard to believe he is crawling with VD. As much as I love his music, I can't really respect anyone as a person who would cheat on his beautiful wife.

Oh wait...
24th February 2006 11:55 PM
Starbuck dan...

your closet aerosmith leanings are going to get you into serious trouble...rumor has it the exile mafia has a hit out on you. well, that or they're about to TP your house.

lock yourself in a closet with a bottle of jim beam, a lady of the evening and copy of "beggars" immediately!

think of the children. think of the children, for god's sake!
25th February 2006 12:05 AM
ResidentMule
yeah, that album was pretty terrible. I actually liked the one before it alright even if they were trying a bit too hard not to sound like themselves. can't stand most of Get A Grip or Permanent Vacation though.

their first album's got some good songs but the performances don't have enough of the energy that gives the band their edge - Mama Kin's always rocked live but the studio verion just kinda falls flat to me. and then there's a few that are nothing special. One Way Street's the best thing on that record. Get Your Wings was a vast improvement overall but wasn't entirely without filler ('Spaced'). the 3rd & 4th were pretty much the best they ever got.
they slipped bigtime with Draw The Line though. some songs show them at the best of what they do, and then some of it I can't even listen to. actually I'd say Night In The Ruts was better overall

would've tried to make this tour but the date kinda snuck up on me. I was probably really busy but I don't remember. I was hoping to catch them this tour, it looks like they're messing around with those setlists again. using Helter Skelter as an opener is a nice surprise. seeing their setlists get shorter every tour is a bit of a bummer though - and getting other big acts for a tour package doesn't really cut it for me (especially when those "big acts" are Kiss or Kid Rock)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)