ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Monterrey stage yesterday
© Fernando Aceves [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Studio Album From Ritchie Blackmore Return to archive
22nd February 2006 09:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels A New Studio Album From Ritchie Blackmore
Jazz News
Feb 22,2006

SPV Records announced the 27th March 2006 European release of Blackmore's Night The Village Lanterne, the new studio album from Ex-Deep Purple and Rainbow's guitarist Ritchie Blackmore. The album is released in North America on April 4th. The Village Lanterne is their first album of all new material since the acclaimed 2003 set, Ghost Of A Rose, Blackmore's unique and intriguing renaissance era sound can only be described, as Blackmore states as "Mike Oldfield meets Enya", taking in various elements of world music, new age, folk and rock 'n' roll. The album is available as a single disc Standard Edition, and deluxe Limited Edition with bonus CD containing interviews and video footage which can be played on a PC.

Blackmore is one of the most exceptional contemporary musicians in every respect; legendary as both rock guitarist, and with his acoutic performacnes on mandola, mandolin or hurdy His creativity, composing, arranging, and production levels are up Blackmore's usual high calibre.

Together with his partner, vocalist Candice Night, Blackmore's Night bring you exceptional melodies and haunting lyrics - from epic songs, to ballads, to old village dances - their style of contemporary music with overtones of the 5 medieval instruments played by Candice make their Renaissance, Folk , Rock music unique.

Her enchanting vocals will soothe and haunt you as she weaves her musical spell across every aspect of musical genres. Their penchant for what can only be described as medieval in style, combines great vocal melodies, seemingly archaic instrumentations and virtuoso guitar parts with lyrics that allow the listener to dive deep into a mysterious, romantic world.

With their seventh album, Blackmore continues to develop his ability as a composer and instrumentalist without ever denying his former artistic identity. Mond Tanz/Child In Time is the resurrection of one of Deep Purple's greatest hits in a new guise, and Street Of Dreams is a haunting new edition of the Rainbow classic. Both songs represent the close artistic links to Blackmore's work in the Seventies and Eighties. At the same time, Just Call My Name, 'St. Teresa or I Guess It Doesn´t Matter show that his rock musician's heart remains ever-present in his new compositions.

On the title track and on Faerie Queen, Candice Night seems to blend together with Blackmore's acoustic guitar, while 25 Years displays oriental influences. Then there are wonderful moments, such as the folkloric instrumental numbers The Messenger and Village Dance, and the beguiling World Of Stone, Olde Mill Inn and Windmills. The album is rounded off by a new version of Ralph McTell's Streets Of London. A true kaleidoscope of music - journey with them back in time to medieval Europe - Blackmore's Night Style.

Blackmore´s Night Biography. Following his global success as Deep Purple and Rainbow's guitarist and main composer, Ritchie Blackmore changed his musical form of expression in the mid-Nineties and founded Blackmore's Night together with his partner, Candice Night. Fans and press were equally fascinated by their 1997 debut album, Shadow Of The Moon, with its successful mix of wonderful melodies and magnificent guitar parts. "In the beginning, my fingers were not used to the acoustic guitar, " Blackmore recalls the early stages, which apparently were not so easy for him. "With Deep Purple we often played wild stuff, which never seemed to sound wrong. You just let your guitar howl and whimper, and people were deeply impressed. An acoustic guitar requires a totally different technique." Shadow Of The Moon stayed in the German album charts for 17 weeks and went gold in Japan. The band toured churches, opera houses, theatres and castles all over the world with their next release, Under A Violet Moon, out in spring 1999, which went to no. 20 in Germany and to no. 12 in the Japanese charts.

Their 2001 release, Fires At Midnight, marked a continuation of their success and went to no. 9 in the German album charts (no. 20 in Japan), impressing fans and media alike. Past Times With Good Company (2002) was the first live album by Blackmore's Night, followed twelve months later by the studio recording Ghost Of A Rose, featuring new material. The 2004 release, Beyond The Sunset - The Romantic Collection, brought together the most beautiful ballads from the early years. Then followed an all-embracing double DVD, entitled Castles And Dreams, with almost four hours playing time

23rd February 2006 03:49 AM
Monkeytonk-man Oh Goodie, let me put on my tights and go sit down the bottom of the garden with the other pixies!

Respect to Ritchie for doing what he wants, and likes. But come on dude, get Rainbow back together with Ronnie Dio on vocals for one last tour!!!!

I know it will never happen, but Dio used to be in Elf, and looks like a hobbit, so maybe that will appeal to Ritchie's current sensibilities!

Keep on rockin'
23rd February 2006 06:53 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Oh Goodie, let me put on my tights and go sit down the bottom of the garden with the other pixies!

Respect to Ritchie for doing what he wants, and likes. But come on dude, get Rainbow back together with Ronnie Dio on vocals for one last tour!!!!

I know it will never happen, but Dio used to be in Elf, and looks like a hobbit, so maybe that will appeal to Ritchie's current sensibilities!

Keep on rockin'

A Rainbow reunion would be nice, too bad Cozy is dead. From recent interviews, I have to wonder if Blackmore will ever pick up that Strat again, he seems rather content doing the style hr does now. "Stargazer" is one of my favorite songs.
23rd February 2006 06:16 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

A Rainbow reunion would be nice, too bad Cozy is dead. From recent interviews, I have to wonder if Blackmore will ever pick up that Strat again, he seems rather content doing the style hr does now. "Stargazer" is one of my favorite songs.

Yes, Rainbow fuckin' ROCKED!
23rd February 2006 06:55 PM
Saint Sway I saw Blackmores Knights and Castles or whatever it was called concert. They aired it on PBS. Its shot in a medieval castle and all the band members are wearing medieval costumes. Hilarious!! It was simply the most Spinal Tap thing I've seen. Even more Spinal Tap than any scene in Spinal Tap.

Its impossible to watch without feeling so bad and embarrassed for him.
I kept expecting the really tiny Stonehedge rocks to lower onto the stage.
24th February 2006 05:50 AM
corgi37 Just keep him away. Right away. Far away.
24th February 2006 07:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Yes, Rainbow fuckin' ROCKED!

Indeed, Blackmore's mainly known for his lead work but he's a pretty good rhythm player as well and has come up with some of rock's most memorable riffs. I loved his cover of the Yardbirds "Still I'm Sad".
24th February 2006 09:22 AM
nanatod "A Rainbow reunion would be nice, too bad Cozy is dead."

When I saw Brian May band in fall 1998, May did a cover of "Since you've been gone" in honor of Cozy Powell. It would make a fine addition to the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour set list, since it doesn't appear from the above posts that Richie Blackmore is going to be playing the song.

24th February 2006 09:34 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
"A Rainbow reunion would be nice, too bad Cozy is dead."

When I saw Brian May band in fall 1998, May did a cover of "Since you've been gone" in honor of Cozy Powell. It would make a fine addition to the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour set list, since it doesn't appear from the above posts that Richie Blackmore is going to be playing the song.

Sounds good, who was the singer May toured with?? I think Blackmore will have the urge sometime to rock out in the future, more likely with Rainbow than Deep Purple, him and Gillan just never get along.
24th February 2006 09:44 AM
nanatod I think May sang "Since you been gone" and the rest of the set by himself! He was part of a radio station festival put on by a Chicago hard rock / metal station that had just lost its very popular morning man, so the station's future was in doubt, and several months later the station changed formats.

Besides an amazing May performance, the less than capacity crowd at the festival also got Joe Satriani with Hamm on bass, the Black Crowes, Monster Magnet, Cowboy Mouth, Rammstein, Sevendust, Brother Cane, (I think) Local H, and several others, unfortunately including Creed. Rammstein was the nominal headliner because they had just started doing over the top pyrotechnics in their live show.
[Edited by nanatod]
[Edited by nanatod]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)