ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Monterrey stage yesterday
© Fernando Aceves [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what's the relationship like now between Keith and Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd February 2006 05:03 PM
gimmekeef The only time anything remotely sex orientated would come between them is when Keith would/has told Mick to.."F-OFF"
23rd February 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway I wonder if they still make time for Fondue nights?
23rd February 2006 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wonder if they still make time for Fondue nights?

Funny !

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

23rd February 2006 05:48 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
the good wrote:

We know they still fight. But it can't be as bad as it once was, or there is no way the band would be functional. For what its worth, I think the real explanation for the perennial tension between Mick and Keith has more to do with implicit homoeroticism (especially on Mick's part) than artistic differences or control issues.

Mick and Keith fancy each other END OF! always have always will. They do refer to themselves as being like a married couple. Hey I don't care!
23rd February 2006 06:36 PM
Navin
Maybe we should add Ronnie in to complete this triangle of whatever...According to Wyman, he has been a "catalyst" with the Stones - maybe due to his role as the middleperson which has never affected his own individual relationship with both the other songwriters. It is understood that Mick was a bit jealous/envious with the Ron/Keith partnership during the New Barbarians era...it is further understood that this homoerotic nexus between the three frontpeople is what has contributed to the Stones unique visual allure - it all came back in 1975, and has stayed firmly to this day - initially this had started with Brian Jones but ended all the sooner. Mick Taylor never entered that picture (one of the reasons I am not really a fan of that era)
23rd February 2006 10:58 PM
gypsy i don't think mick is attracted to keith like he was in the 60's and early 70's. but other than that, i think they're like brothers. i think that they can talk shit about each other, but if someone else did, mick or keith wouldn't stand for it.
24th February 2006 09:52 AM
egon i think nowaydays they are more like collegues;
president mick & vice president keef,
ruling over the roling stones inc.
24th February 2006 09:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
i think nowaydays they are more like collegues;
president mick & vice president keef,
ruling over the roling stones inc.

True.And Ronnie is the guy that cleans their office!
24th February 2006 09:55 AM
nanatod "president mick & vice president keef,
ruling over the roling stones inc."

...as long as they are not like Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling.

[Edited by nanatod]
[Edited by nanatod]
24th February 2006 11:28 AM
Joey " ...as long as they are not
like Ken Lay and Jeff Skilling."

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee

24th February 2006 11:34 AM
Break The Spell
The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

That show rules...should be on an hour earlier, you can take those Desperate Hagwives on easily. You need to have that mysterious gardener on the show now.
24th February 2006 12:35 PM
The Wick I think that European Press Conference showed that even though they don't hate each other like they used to, they are not on great terms either. It does look like strictly business. Besides, it has been ages since the two have been truly close. Mick has been far closer to Charlie in the last 20 or so years.
24th February 2006 12:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I think that European Press Conference showed that even though they don't hate each other like they used to, they are not on great terms either. It does look like strictly business. Besides, it has been ages since the two have been truly close. Mick has been far closer to Charlie in the last 20 or so years.

Exactly, two sets of "glimmer twins" if you will...Mick and Charlie on one side, Keith and Ronnie on the other.
24th February 2006 01:19 PM
glencar Are there any assertions that Mick & Keith have ever been intimate? Or is it all just a sick dream?
24th February 2006 01:21 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are there any assertions that Mick & Keith have ever been intimate? Or is it all just a sick dream?

I read somewhere that when the band started and they were poor, and sharing a small apartment, they would share covers to generate heat, thats all I've heard about the "intimacy" though.
24th February 2006 04:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I read somewhere that when the band started and they were poor, and sharing a small apartment, they would share covers to generate heat, thats all I've heard about the "intimacy" though.

That was in Bill Wyman's book " Stone Alone " . Word .

24th February 2006 05:20 PM
speedfreakjive The relationship between Mick 'n' Keith? Of course it is strictly business.

But they rely on eachother. If one doesn't perform well, they will be criticised. I.e, the majority of reviewers couldn't give a flying f**k whether Ronnie is playing shit, or Charlie misses a beat, because they are focusing on the superstars 'Mick & Keef'. But if you look closely, Mick or Keith have generally been on the ball this tour, maybe with the exception of Keith's solo sets pre MSG.
Since the Super Bowl (an obvious highpoint) there has been an improvement in general performance, because the shows from late October onwards in US lacked vitality IMHO. Expect a great summer in Europe!!

P.S, can they manage a 'u2 style' (anf No Security) return to the US in the autumn/fall.
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
24th February 2006 05:24 PM
Joey " .. can they manage a 'u2 style' (and No Security) return to the US in the autumn/fall. "

Frig Yeah !!!!

24th February 2006 05:27 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Joey wrote:
" .. can they manage a 'u2 style' (and No Security) return to the US in the autumn/fall. "

Frig Yeah !!!!

I hope so, but please keep it to arenas!!

also make the setlists like Licks Tour
24th February 2006 05:45 PM
gypsy What about Marianne's book, where Mick allegedly told Marianne during sex, about all the things he'd like to do to Keith?
24th February 2006 05:48 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What about Marianne's book, where Mick allegedly told Marianne during sex, about all the things he'd like to do to Keith?

I don't think that applies now though, lol!
24th February 2006 06:26 PM
Bob Tamp The bond is still there. They dont hang like the early days, but they would not allow someone in the inside to really bad mouth the other. There is some loyalty there. Some of the media bashing they both do to eachother is PERSONA now
24th February 2006 08:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

I don't think that applies now though, lol!

You never know. Keith might still be the ultimate conquest in Mick's eyes.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)