ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Monterrey stage yesterday
© Fernando Aceves [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what's the relationship like now between Keith and Mick? Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd February 2006 04:07 PM
ronwoodshalfsister Do you think they still fight about stuff. Also any quotes of Keith talking about Mick in a bad way like during the 80s riffs?
22nd February 2006 04:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ronwoodshalfsister wrote:
Do you think they still fight about stuff. Also any quotes of Keith talking about Mick in a bad way like during the 80s riffs?

strictly business
22nd February 2006 04:10 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Do you think they still fight about stuff. Also any quotes of Keith talking about Mick in a bad way like during the 80s riffs?

They still have times on stage together where they both seem to enjoy eachothers company, and still seem to respect eachothers input as far as the music goes. But yes, a lot of it is business.
22nd February 2006 04:12 PM
BILL PERKS I THINK MICK DESPISES KEEF BUT CAN TOLERATE HIM..JUST LIKE ME WITH JOEY!
22nd February 2006 04:19 PM
Dan Yep, strictly business except when Keith gets drunk and mouths off about Mick's endowments, or lack thereof.
22nd February 2006 04:22 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I THINK MICK DESPISES KEEF BUT CAN TOLERATE HIM..JUST LIKE ME WITH JOEY!

I don't particularly care for your Avatar ..... son ( notice small s )

Take THIS ! :

|
|
|
V

22nd February 2006 04:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
Yep, strictly business except when Keith gets drunk and mouths off about Mick's endowments, or lack thereof.

that is what I mean...I dont think they truly like each other, but they do respect each other. When the opportunity comes to attack though, MIck generally holds back while Keith is Keith and that is why many fans love him.
22nd February 2006 04:25 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

I don't particularly care for your Avatar ..... son ( notice small s )

Take THIS ! :

|
|
|
V

JOEY ,NOTICE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE THE AVATAR PIC..WE SHARE THE SAME FEELINGS
I WAS BORN A NAMBLA MAN

DEATH TO THE QWEST CENTER AND ALL IT'S REDNECK CORNPONE VISITORS!
END TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22nd February 2006 04:26 PM
glencar Mick is clearly the co-dependent in their relationship. I fear for his mental health if it goes on much longer...
22nd February 2006 04:28 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I WAS BORN A NAMBLA MAN

**** WTF ?!?! *****

***** JOEY LOST AGAIN *****

Your Avatar is the creepiest thing I have EVER witnessed ! .... I don't like it ... I just DON'T !

Take THIS !!!! :

|
|
|
V

22nd February 2006 04:30 PM
glencar The relationship between MJ & KR is akin to Joey & Maxy - very shaky if not hostile warfare at times.
22nd February 2006 04:42 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The relationship between MJ & KR is akin to Joey & Maxy - very shaky if not hostile warfare at times.

22nd February 2006 04:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
The relationship between MJ & KR is akin to Joey & Maxy - very shaky if not hostile warfare at times.

Everyday I hope for peace to be reached between these two! (see Appolo Creed in Rocky 3)
22nd February 2006 05:07 PM
Joey " Everyday I hope for peace to be reached between these two! "

22nd February 2006 07:02 PM
Lil Brian Did he say REDNECK CORNPONE? What a jackass!
22nd February 2006 07:08 PM
bob kidrock ritchie Lil Brian, I am Redneck Cornpone come to life.
22nd February 2006 08:49 PM
PeerQueer They are like many other brothers at their age - many similarities, many differences, outside lives interrupted by shared interests/obligations. In fact, they are likely far closer than many genetic brothers would ever be due to the shared business of Stones Inc.

They have grown far more cooperative in recent years, though Keith still manages to stick his mate with a scathing remark now and again when he gets agitated. To Mick's credit, he publicly appears to be above it - though in private I am sure he would like to kick Keith's ragged ass from time to time - - and my money would be on Mick to do just that. Since '89, Mick has been the more physically imposing of the two, while Keith now strikes out with emotional intimidation.

Then again, maybe Keith still has some dangerous fight left in that high-mileage body of his...
22nd February 2006 09:53 PM
IanBillen [quote]PeerQueer wrote:
They are like many other brothers at their age - many similarities, many differences, outside lives interrupted by shared interests/obligations. In fact, they are likely far closer than many genetic brothers would ever be due to the shared business of Stones Inc.

They have grown far more cooperative in recent years, though Keith still manages to stick his mate with a scathing remark now and again when he gets agitated. To Mick's credit, he publicly appears to be above it - though in private I am sure he would like to kick Keith's ragged ass from time to time - - and my money would be on Mick to do just that. Since '89, Mick has been the more physically imposing of the two, while Keith now strikes out with emotional intimidation.

Then again, maybe Keith still has some dangerous fight left in that high-mileage body of his...

Keith is probably the more powerful and explosive of the two. Keith would slit Jaggers throat if he figured he couldn't take care of Mick in a physical confrontation. Waita second....this poses as strange, yet never thought of question involving The Stones: Have any of them ever been in a real fight? Hmmmm? Interesting question eh. Anyone know of any real duke it out stuff between them? I know there is Charlie blasting Mick. I remember Keith busted a bottle and went after Ronnie with it. I know Mick slapped Brian Jones a few times after he pretended he was drowning in some moat....but has any of them really got into a fist fight with anyone?

Ian
22nd February 2006 10:02 PM
gotdablouse closer than close, how could it be any different, how many people in the world have gone throught what they've gone through, Charlie, Macca, maybe Clapton...
22nd February 2006 10:07 PM
glencar
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]PeerQueer wrote:
They are like many other brothers at their age - many similarities, many differences, outside lives interrupted by shared interests/obligations. In fact, they are likely far closer than many genetic brothers would ever be due to the shared business of Stones Inc.

Keith is probably the more powerful and explosive of the two. Keith would slit Jaggers throat if he figured he couldn't take care of Mick in a physical confrontation. Waita second....this poses as strange, yet never thought of question involving The Stones: Have any of them ever been in a real fight? Hmmmm? Interesting question eh. Anyone know of any real duke it out stuff between them? I know there is Charlie blasting Mick. I remember Keith busted a bottle and went after Ronnie with it. I know Mick slapped Brian Jones a few times after he pretended he was drowning in some moat....but has any of them really got into a fist fight with anyone?

Ian

Wow, stunning.
22nd February 2006 10:12 PM
the good
quote:

We know they still fight. But it can't be as bad as it once was, or there is no way the band would be functional. For what its worth, I think the real explanation for the perennial tension between Mick and Keith has more to do with implicit homoeroticism (especially on Mick's part) than artistic differences or control issues.
22nd February 2006 10:27 PM
Egbert
quote:
the good wrote:
For what its worth, I think the real explanation for the perennial tension between Mick and Keith has more to do with implicit homoeroticism (especially on Mick's part) than artistic differences or control issues.

Agreed - that explains much of what makes these two the superb songwriting team they are as well.
22nd February 2006 10:39 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
the good wrote:

We know they still fight. But it can't be as bad as it once was, or there is no way the band would be functional. For what its worth, I think the real explanation for the perennial tension between Mick and Keith has more to do with implicit homoeroticism (especially on Mick's part) than artistic differences or control issues.

____

Fuckin' Hell!

That is deep...

By the way, it has been my considerable experience that the vast majority of men have latent homoerotic traits - - and an even higher percentage of women - - we are by our very nature highly sexual creatures - no harm in that. Americans are such prudes when it comes to our sexuality - enjoy it baby! Mick -n- Keef----hmmmm....not sure I wish to imagine that particular tryst this late in the game though...
22nd February 2006 10:40 PM
pdog I'd rather hear how well we all get along in our long term realtionships... I'm sure it's basically the same...
[Edited by pdog]
22nd February 2006 10:44 PM
PeerQueer Good point - committment still scares me deeply - though since turning 35, so too does being alone...

Shit...
22nd February 2006 10:48 PM
glencar I think Saint Sway is ready to be committed...
22nd February 2006 10:49 PM
Egbert
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Good point - committment still scares me deeply - though since turning 35, so too does being alone...

Shit...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
22nd February 2006 11:00 PM
the good
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

____

Fuckin' Hell!

That is deep...

By the way, it has been my considerable experience that the vast majority of men have latent homoerotic traits - - and an even higher percentage of women - - we are by our very nature highly sexual creatures - no harm in that. Americans are such prudes when it comes to our sexuality - enjoy it baby! Mick -n- Keef----hmmmm....not sure I wish to imagine that particular tryst this late in the game though...

Well, Freud thought that most people have bisexual tendencies, although during the course of psychosexual development these are superseded by a normal heterosexual orientation. Regarding Mick and Keith, I do not wish to imply there is/was an explicit desire on the part of either for direct sexual contact, only that there appears to have always been a homoerotic tension between the two. Many who have known them over the years have basically said so.
22nd February 2006 11:02 PM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:

Well, Freud thought that most people have bisexual tendencies, although during the course of psychosexual development these are superseded by a normal heterosexual orientation. Regarding Mick and Keith, I do not wish to imply there is/was an explicit desire on the part of either for direct sexual contact, only that there appears to have always been a homoerotic tension between the two. Many who have known them over the years have basically said so.

Now that's some deep shit... And I wouldn't doubt if there is a shitload of sexual tension between the two on many levels...
23rd February 2006 04:30 PM
kahoosier I have alwasy thought that both the Glimmer twins have homo erotic feelings for me but have successfully fought to keep them very well hidden.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)