ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Monterrey stage yesterday
© Fernando Aceves [ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC still current 30 years on Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd February 2006 07:27 PM
Gimme Shelter I saw them here in Sacramento the last time they toured and for two and half hours they totally rocked. I don't know how Angus does it, but he was just continuous motion and they don't have any ballads.
22nd February 2006 08:26 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Are they harder than Motorhead?

no
23rd February 2006 05:19 AM
StickyFishFingers Speaking of the second greatest blues based chuck berry lovin' rock band of all time - does anybody have any actual concrete news of when we can expect a new AC/DC album & tour ??? I know the Bros. Young & Co are big fans of the Stones but that doesn't give them license to emulate their rock n roll heroes in terms of making us wait & wait & wait for a new album & tour......

Stiff Upper Lip pt2 please Ang & Mal - i wanna hear an album of foot stompin 'Can't stand still' type songs !
23rd February 2006 07:05 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I saw them here in Sacramento the last time they toured and for two and half hours they totally rocked. I don't know how Angus does it, but he was just continuous motion and they don't have any ballads.

"Ride On" is probably the closest they come to doing ballads.
23rd February 2006 08:04 AM
StickyFishFingers 'Love Song' off the Australian edition of the High Voltage album is the only true ballad i can think of that the band has ever recorded.
23rd February 2006 09:14 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
'Love Song' off the Australian edition of the High Voltage album is the only true ballad i can think of that the band has ever recorded.

I've yet to hear that one, is it slow all the way through?
23rd February 2006 10:15 AM
nankerphelge All the AC/DC fan sites are quiet about the new release and tour. Last I heard, as of October of last year, they were in London working on it.

I think a tour this summer/fall is most likely.

23rd February 2006 10:49 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
All the AC/DC fan sites are quiet about the new release and tour. Last I heard, as of October of last year, they were in London working on it.

I think a tour this summer/fall is most likely.

It seems to keep getting pushed back, it may become another Chinese Democgracy. I remember in 2002 after the last tour ended they had plans to record a new double studio album and tour in 2003, obviously that didn't happen.
23rd February 2006 12:38 PM
Dan
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I saw them here in Sacramento the last time they toured and for two and half hours they totally rocked. I don't know how Angus does it, but he was just continuous motion and they don't have any ballads.

When I saw them at the Forum in 1988 there was an oxygen tank by the drum riser. Or maybe they were taking nitrous hits between the songs.
23rd February 2006 12:45 PM
The Wick Easily one of my favorites. It's a Long Way to the Top if you wanna rock n roll is outstanding, as was Bon Scott. Of the newer stuff, Stiff Upper Lip is superb.
23rd February 2006 01:11 PM
Break The Spell The Powerage album never gets enough respect.

"Two faced woman with your two faced liiiiiiiiiies"

KICKED IN THE TEETH
24th February 2006 09:39 AM
StickyFishFingers Powerage is the best AC/DC album. I wish they would come out with something on par with that.
24th February 2006 09:48 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
Powerage is the best AC/DC album. I wish they would come out with something on par with that.

Musically they could, but Brian Johnson, as good as he is, is no Bon Scott, so Powerage will remain a one of a kind album. A few tours back they played "Sin City" and it sounded great.
24th February 2006 10:05 AM
nankerphelge Powerage is by far their best.

Let There Be Rock is right there too!
24th February 2006 04:00 PM
polytoxic BreakTheSpell, I see your

and raise you a

"it's criminaaaalllllll...there ought to be a law"
24th February 2006 04:14 PM
speedfreakjive So, what is the best AC/DC song?
24th February 2006 04:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
So, what is the best AC/DC song?

My favorites include sin city, kicked in the teeth, jailbreak, ballbreaker, long way to the top, whole lotta rosie, shoot to thrill, rocker, problem child and walk all over you.
24th February 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
BreakTheSpell, I see your

and raise you a

"it's criminaaaalllllll...there ought to be a law"

"If you want blood, you've got it"!!! Another classic.
24th February 2006 04:22 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

My favorites include sin city, kicked in the teeth, jailbreak, ballbreaker, long way to the top, whole lotta rosie, shoot to thrill, rocker, problem child and walk all over you.

Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution has to be the best riff
24th February 2006 04:41 PM
nankerphelge What's next to the Moon!!!

Gimme a bullet to bite on

24th February 2006 07:29 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
So, what is the best AC/DC song?

GIVEN THE DOG A BONE
25th February 2006 12:06 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I'm ready for a show right now!!

Now i´m ready for Feb 26 show in Foro Sol,.

But the next goal in my sweet short life is attend at one AC/DC show! i can´t die without see them, hope they book a date in México City, if not i could go to Toronto to see them as i traveled to see abiggerbang sep 26!!!!!!

AC/DC rules!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)