ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marianne back to a London stage Return to archive
02-23-04 11:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Reformed wild child MARIANNE FAITHFULL is returning to the London stage for the first time in 30 years after landing the lead role in a prestigious play.

The 56-year-old - who dated ROLLING STONE MICK JAGGER in the sixties - will star as PEGLEG in WILLIAM BURROUGHS's THE BLACK RIDER.

The production is being directed by ROBERT WILSON and is set to premiere in May (04) at the English capital's BARBICAN THEATRE.

Faithfull says, "I've had all sorts of nonsense offers in recent years - they wanted me to be in THE GRADUATE.

"But I'm a special kind of actress, I'm not an everyday actress. This play is exactly me, it' what I've been waiting for."

23/02/2004 13:54
02-24-04 12:37 AM
stonedatbirth666 God bless Marianne.
02-24-04 03:16 AM
FotiniD Time for a London trip!!!
02-24-04 09:14 AM
FPM C10 I've never heard The Black Rider referred to as belonging to William Burroughs, although he collaborated on it. I think Tom Waits had more to do with it than Burroughs, and it's basically a play by Robert Wilson (Einstein on the Beach). Its original production at the Thalia in Berlin was billed to Robert Wilson/Tom Waits/William Burroughs.

Marianne's beautifully ravaged voice is perfectly suited for songs by Tom Waits, and this should be a really cool evening of theater - albeit difficult for neophytes. It sure ain't Grease.

BEST VIEWED HIGH