ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sly and the Family Stone! Return to archive
02-21-04 04:48 PM
UGot2Rollme 10 000 Motels has seen them....
we need to hear from u...!
02-21-04 05:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah. I did see them. Right around 1971/72. I saw the Ike/Tina Revue at the same place about 3 months earlier. Sly was good I must say....from what I remember. I know Tina was good because I still have flashbacks. Sly is kind of a file. But I do remember Sly asking forgiveness for his sister who got busted for "acid" on the way to the gig. (as if it were hers) But....Sly is a legend. No doubt. I just didn't know how to appreciate it then. What a showman!
(Hmmmmm maybe it was 69 or 1970, I don't remember now.)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-21-04 07:05 PM
scratched Wow! I'm jealous Motels. There'e A Riot Goin' On is one of my all time faves. I see it as a close cousin of Exile - murky, druggy, funky. Its wicked!
02-21-04 07:23 PM
glencar I'm having Sly Stone perform at my local K of C hall next weekend. Come on down, Mr. Motels!
02-23-04 01:52 PM
Stonesdoug I saw them in Philly in 1971 or72. The opening act was Little Sister which was basically Sly's Band. They played a great long set took a break and then Sly came out and played for about half an hour. Great, short show.
02-23-04 02:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm having Sly Stone perform at my local K of C hall next weekend.

Are you serious?
02-23-04 10:33 PM
glencar Just a joke. Sly's fallen on hard times though.

BEST VIEWED HIGH