ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1981 philly soundboard jfk sept 26. Return to archive
02-21-04 02:56 PM
jfk78 a buddy of mine played it for me and its in mono sound hard on the ears . what does everbody else think of this show..
02-21-04 03:33 PM
T&A I've got it - not impressed. Sound is fine. Stones are not. Nice to have Mona and DTRA (better version is on the Meadowlands set, though). But, the Stones were clearly still feeling their way into the '81 tour. You'll play this once, twice and then probably ne'er again...far better '81 boots out there.
02-21-04 04:17 PM
cwatts0462 I DISAGREE THIS IS AN ULTRA RARE SBD FROM 81
AND I THINK A MUST FOR EVERYONE, RONNIE HAS A BLISTERING SOLO ON BLACK LIMO, AND THIS EARLY RARE SET LIST IS GREAT
TO HAVE IN THE COLLECTION
02-21-04 05:38 PM
T&A cwatts:

what do you mean "ultra rare"? It just is making the rounds now in trade circles. But it's no more rare than any other boot. Ronnie's solo is fine on Limo - not much diff than other versions from the tour, however. Again, the playing is generally sloppy and lackluster - if that's your preference, fine...
02-21-04 06:33 PM
jfk78 yea and jagger only says thank you philadelphia one time threw the hole concert. he never said shit on june 15 1978 show at jfk.
02-21-04 06:59 PM
cwatts0462 MAYBE YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT , I WAS THERE SO MAYBE IAM
A BIT PARTIAL, BUT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE THIS IN SBD
AFTER ALL THOSE YEARS IN SPOTTY AUDIENCE QUALITY
WHAT I MEANT BY RARE WAS THE SET LIST AND BEING A SBD
02-21-04 07:18 PM
glencar WHY ALL CAPS????

ANYWAY, WHAT THE HELL???

I HAVE THE '81 FRIDAY SHOW & I LOVE IT! THEY DID 25 OR SO SONGS.
02-21-04 11:52 PM
T&A Actually, both 81 Philly's have been widely available in amazing audience quality. At least I have had tapes of them since '81. The first show has Tops (not a bad version...too bad they didn't keep it in the setlist). Also, the first try at Let it Bleed is hysterical, with Woody playing in the wrong key...they have to stop the song and let Woody know it's in "G," to which he replies (on mic), "I know G."
02-22-04 03:17 AM
Voodoo Stones Sure your TDK or Maxell CDRs are not rare ! But for us collectors, this original pressed CD is still rare...
02-22-04 09:51 AM
jfk78 what does the guy say when he says welcome what the rolling stones i cant figure out what he says he does not say philadelphia. anybody know.
02-22-04 11:58 AM
glencar Doesn't he say something like, "Thank you for waiting Philadelphia & now...THE ROLLING STONES!"? I always assumed it was Bill Graham.
02-22-04 07:48 PM
Rizo Anybody willing to make a copy of the Philly 81 soundboard for me?Would love to here it!
Thanks
Rizo
02-23-04 12:30 PM
cwatts0462 Its so great to hear woody and keith doing the back up vocals instead of the lisa bernard las vegas vocal
gymnastics, this is a must

BEST VIEWED HIGH