ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jerry hall: i'm fucked up Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-21-04 01:27 PM
soraya well it looks like jerry is having some fun today.she's trying to break the world record in performing in as many plays as she can in the west end theaters.go on girl.
02-21-04 01:34 PM
Monkey Woman Maybe Jerry was "blinded by love" for Mick. When they became an item, he was still married and not eager for divorce. Plus a love-child. And several girlfriends.

But as Gypsy said, it's only human to think that this time, it could be different, that you are the one that will make him change his ways... Too bad that she babbles so much about her feelings in the press. I must say that Mick at least acts as a gentleman in the way that he very rarely (say never) disclose details about the women in his life. Or he makes up little innocuous fantasies, like saying that "when your relationship with a woman is like a Ferrari, you don't want to wreck it". Or something about rating himself "as husband, one. As lover, two. As sex god, three!"
02-21-04 01:36 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
soraya wrote:
she's trying to break the world record in performing in as many plays as she can in the west end theaters.

*Blank stare*

Huh? She performed in The Laureate, period. As many plays as she can? That must be what they mean by imaginary numbers!
02-21-04 02:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mr. Motels, Jerri was the enabler. Anonynous folks on a bulletin board didn't enable him. Well, maybe Soraya but no one else.

LOL. Well, you always protect the one's you love.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-21-04 02:32 PM
soraya the event is called one amazing week.it is to promote london.the band motorhead will play at the opera house,jerry hall will attempt to break the world record in performing in as many plays as she can in one night.vivienne westwood will design a london bus.ect...jerry played in the graduate in london and the us,in the vagina monologue and played in 3 or 4 movies.if tomorrow she was to write a book about her life with mick i am 100 per cent you will all buy it.at least she is frank she says what she feels.
02-21-04 04:28 PM
gypsy Look at Mick's track record, TTM...he is not ever going to be monogamous. I'm not making excuses for him...but monogamy isn't for everybody. He's 60...he's not going to change now.
But, hey, if it helps you sleep better at night to think that maybe, just maybe, Mick would be faithful to one girl, then go ahead. I won't hold my breath.
02-21-04 04:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Look at Mick's track record, TTM...he is not ever going to be monogamous. I'm not making excuses for him...but monogamy isn't for everybody. He's 60...he's not going to change now.
But, hey, if it helps you sleep better at night to think that maybe, just maybe, Mick would be faithful to one girl, then go ahead. I won't hold my breath.

LOL. Well Jerry should have looked at Micks track record before she married him. BUT..as far as monogamy not being for everybody...well I never read any exceptions to the Ten Commandments. Is there some fine print that I missed?
02-21-04 06:07 PM
gypsy What are the Ten Commandments? I don't go to church...as a matter of fact, I think I would vaporize as soon as I walked through the front door of a church.
02-21-04 06:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What are the Ten Commandments? I don't go to church...as a matter of fact, I think I would vaporize as soon as I walked through the front door of a church.

Well.... Rules for Running a Universe I suppose. LOL.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-21-04 07:22 PM
glencar Is there a dumber poster than Soraya? I mean, really? Just for your info, soraya, Jerri wrote "Tall Tales" back in 1985 or so & it covered her first few years with Mick. You should go to every bookstore you can & get me a copy & then maybe I'll respect you (& Jerri) somewhat.
02-21-04 08:09 PM
soraya you're so stupid glencar.and stupid is not strong enough to describe you.
02-21-04 08:18 PM
kahoosier soraya, glencar is not stupid by any definition.

He may be an endearingly abrasive curmudgeon, but he is not stupid.

LOL and I kind of like him at times for it!
02-21-04 08:27 PM
soraya i tought glencar was a woman.a guy gossiping like he does is very worrying.he argues like a woman.
02-21-04 08:57 PM
Diedre Right on, Brother Glencar. I have to agree with most of what you posted. I am a woman, but I have no sympathy for some woman that stole another woman's legal husband (and father of a child). She also dropped a man she was engaged to, Bryan Ferry, who was traumatized by her behavior (yes, I own a copy of "Bride Stripped Bare" -- Bryan was crushed, I tell ya!). She swapped one lower status rock star for one of the biggest. Then, she cheated on him with wealthier men. And she is the mother of four. Someone has to be responsible, for darn's sake! If this story is true, she should hie thee to a therapist and get Prozac. If I were an unwitting guest at this award shoe, and I heard this alleged tirade, I would say, "Put a sock in it, sister, get a grip. Should strangers care?"

She better watch out, or she'll be marrying David Gest one day.

02-21-04 09:09 PM
glencar Thanks for the support, Diedre & kahoosier! soraya, you're an idiot but you're not the first I've met online & you won't be the last. However, in something of a first, I'm going to ignore you from now on. so drone away but you'll go unanswered, 'kay, chickie?
02-21-04 09:27 PM
Gazza >Dylan is probably the only artist who tried to take God seriously. And look what happened to him.

I thought it was the other way 'round...

02-21-04 09:32 PM
glencar Dylan is still religious, isn't he?
02-21-04 09:50 PM
Gazza Most definitely.

he always pretty much has been influenced by religion.

A lot of folks seem to just concentrate on his so-called "Born Again" trilogy of albums from 1979 to 1981 but Dylan's music has long been influenced by the Bible (there are a few books analysing that very subject in fact). "John Wesley Harding" and "Street Legal" for example are older albums awash with religious symbolism.

His own personal beliefs are still a bit of an enigma. He seemed to have re-embraced Judaism around 1982-83 but to this day still performs a lot of his Christian-era material. Even on that HBO concert with Tom Petty in '86 he introduces "In the Garden" as a "song about MY hero" and in most of his shows from around 2000-2002 he opened with gospel covers such as "I Am The Man,Thomas", "Somebody Touched Me" etc.
02-21-04 11:31 PM
MP I find it hard to believe that she really said any of that shit
02-22-04 02:06 AM
prism I don't think Dylan takes religious ideas literally but as inspiring metaphors of literature. Regarding the Ten Commandments, Biblical scholars say the adultery commandment only refers to women being faithful, not men. Women were considered property of their husbands. Polygamy was pretty much accepted back then, as it is now in the Middle East. Didn't Abraham have several wives?
02-22-04 03:35 AM
gypsy That was harsh, Diedre. No doubt Joey will snort snot and sh*t liquid once he reads that bitter post.
02-22-04 11:59 AM
mickmask I guess it all just depends on your definition of "love". I believe that alot of people live their entire lives without ever really knowing what it is. We tend to accept society's slant on it...you know .. find someone you're reasonably happy with, get married, 2.5 kids, minivan... yadayadayada. I'm very happy to say I'm a very lucky woman to have found my partner... but we both had almost given up. Never do that!! Sometimes it just slaps you in the head when you very least expect it. Maybe Jerry's looking for this kind of love....Good luck to you girl!!!!!
02-22-04 12:01 PM
glencar Even though I don't have it myself, I've never understood why "2.5 kids & a minivan" is equated with living hell. And I'm sure a woman as beautiful & famous as Jerry Hall is doomed to end up unhappy in love. Isn't that what the E!True Hollywood Story teaches us?
02-22-04 03:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot I couldn't care less about Jerry Hall.

The 10 Commandments the rules of running the universe? Not my fuckin universe. Some shcmuck writes down 10 pieces of common sense that a flaming bush quotes to him, and it's supposed to be some sort of revelation? Any moron worth 2 cents knows right from wrong...we didn't need burning shrubbery to tell us what is what.
02-22-04 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Any moron worth 2 cents knows right from wrong...

LOL. Well that's certainly true. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. People believe what they want. Sometimes it changes when new evidence presents itself.
02-22-04 04:58 PM
mickmask
quote:
glencar wrote:
Even though I don't have it myself, I've never understood why "2.5 kids & a minivan" is equated with living hell. And I'm sure a woman as beautiful & famous as Jerry Hall is doomed to end up unhappy in love. Isn't that what the E!True Hollywood Story teaches us?

If you've ever been carpool for a kids soccer tournament you'd know. Oh, and looks?? ... don't mean squat, except mine of course!! ....lol.
02-22-04 07:27 PM
gypsy I don't know. But if I'm every driving a minivan...and hauling 2.5 kids around--please shoot me.
02-22-04 11:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I will NOT shoot you!!! That would be a complete waste of a hot assed creature.

Instead I will wisk you away in (soon to be) my '73 Corvette Stingray. We will rock. We will ride. We will get buzzed. We will skinny dip in motel swimming pools.

We are not the minivan type, and I will never let you be the minivan type.
02-23-04 12:21 AM
gypsy Thanks, SS. I knew I could count on you! I'm game--as long as you bring your CD collection.
Had I gone through with that Joey marriage debacle last year, I would be driving a minivan and hauling around 2.5 kids sporting tardrites.
02-23-04 05:11 PM
Joey " Right on, Brother Glencar. I have to agree with most of what you posted. "

" I am a woman, but I have no sympathy for some woman that stole another woman's legal husband (and father of a child). "

Unbelievable

" She also dropped a man she was engaged to, Bryan Ferry, who was traumatized by her behavior (yes, I own a copy of "Bride Stripped Bare" -- Bryan was crushed, I tell ya!). "

" She swapped one lower status rock star for one of the biggest. Then, she cheated on him with wealthier men. And she is the mother of four. Someone has to be responsible, for darn's sake! "

Jesus --

" If this story is true, she should hie thee to a therapist and get Prozac. If I were an unwitting guest at this award shoe, and I heard this alleged tirade, I would say, "Put a sock in it, sister, get a grip. Should strangers care?" "

Incredible

" She better watch out, or she'll be marrying David Gest one day. "

Kins !

Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH