ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith, Springsteen @ Rock Hall of Fame Return to archive
02-19-04 10:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keef, Bruce to Do Honors at Rock Hall of Fame

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Keith Richards , Bruce Springsteen , Alicia Keys and Tom Petty are among the artists who will be on hand to induct the 2004 class into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on March 15.

Rolling Stones guitarist Richards, a Hall of Famer since 1989, will be on hand to enshrine ZZ Top, who have opened for the Stones on several occasions.

Springsteen, a 1999 inductee, will introduce Jackson Browne at this year's event. Dave Matthews will do the honors for Traffic, while Petty and Jeff Lynne will induct their late Traveling Wilburys bandmate George Harrison . Keys will be joined by hip-hop duo OutKast to welcome Prince.

Steve Winwood has pledged that Traffic will perform at the event, as has inductee Bob Seger . Also set to be inducted is harmony soul act the Dells and, as a non-performer, Rolling Stone publisher Jann S. Wenner.

The ceremony will take place at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, and will be taped for a VH1 special that will premiere March 21 on the music channel.

Reuters/Billboard
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-19-04 11:28 PM
Scottfree Why the Fuck isn't this thing in Cleveland? Last time I checked, the R&R Hall of Fame dropped anchor on the shores of Lake Erie.....
02-20-04 12:01 AM
parmeda That's a really good question.
Cleveland could handle the same party that NY does...
Has anyone done their homework for a legit answer?
02-20-04 04:00 AM
Prodigal Son Ok, a couple of the presenters are lame choices. WTF? Springsteen introducing Jackson Browne? That turd Dave Matthews presenting Traffic? The only worthwhile thing for this show will be Traffic performing. Great band spearheaded by one of the most naturally gifted guys in all of rock in Steve Winwood. Does this mean it's Jim Capaldi, Winwood and Dave Mason augmented by a few others? Considering Chris Wood died in 1983 (a Hendrix song he played on which mentioned death,; creepy shit) and other one-time members Rick Grech (1990) and Reebop (1980) are also dead. Yep, Jim Gordon drummed for them once too and he went to prison for murdering his mother! Anyone know if he's still rotting in jail?
Hmmm, what will Stevie play; guitar, bass or keyboards? Alright, enough Traffic pondering. I do dig them and I've got a hits collection for their first two albums and several singles as well as the post-reformation albums John Barleycorn Must Die and the even better Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys.
02-20-04 08:46 AM
glencar I lived in Cleveland aka the Mistake on the lake. They can't handle the truth & they can't handle this induction ceremony/party. Keep it in NY or none of the stars will show up.
02-20-04 11:10 PM
Steel Wheels Everyone who is important (Keef) lives in New York. Cleveland is far, far, removed from the reality of Rock and Roll party towns.

I hate ZZ Top. Their brand of noise is just that. Noise. Clanking, bearded, drunken tom-foolery masquerading as music.

I wish they'd cut those chin-chillas, wash up, and go the hell home.
02-20-04 11:12 PM
Steel Wheels Well said SW. Also, who gives two turds about the ceremony? I only cared when The Stones went in. Soon it will be Phil Collins, The Scorpions, and Whitney Houston.

Count me out brothers and sisters.

I'm keeping it real.

Are you?
02-21-04 08:39 PM
Gazza >Why the Fuck isn't this thing in Cleveland? Last time I checked, the R&R Hall of Fame dropped anchor on the shores of Lake Erie.....

As far as I'm aware the MUSEUM is in Cleveland and that only opened in what..1995. However, they've been having annual R&RHOF bashes at the Waldorf Astoria since about 1986.

BEST VIEWED HIGH