ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones-Taylor 1989 Return to archive
02-19-04 06:09 PM
jpenn11 Is there an official release of the video of Jagger/Richards/Wood playing with Taylor at the R&R HoF induction ceremony?

Anyone have any information on the event?
02-21-04 10:48 AM
exilestones@netscape No. There is no official release. There is a bootleg of the rehearsals.
02-21-04 09:27 PM
jpenn11 Thanks Exile!

Do you know the title of the boot and whether it is any good?
02-21-04 10:02 PM
Gazza I've never heard of any rehearsals for this show because they didnt actually play a set of songs or anything as a "band".

All that happened musically was an all-star jam session which featured the four of them, Little Richard, The Temptations, Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder,Bruce Springsteen, Dion, Pete Townshend and a various cast of thousands making a racket which sounds better in print or in type than it was to listen to...same with most of these events.

Theres a good pro-shot video of the whole event, lasting about 110 mins or so including the speeches and various inductions. The jam session takes up a pretty small portion of the event. Theres just too many people on the stage to make it musically worthwhile.

Songs performed were as follows:

Uptight/Satisfaction/Ain't Too Proud To Beg/Lucille/
Respect/Come softly to me/Be my baby/The Wanderer/
My Girl/Get Ready/Honky Tonk Women/Cant Turn You loose/
Bony moronie/Start me up/Crying/River deep mountain high

02-21-04 10:47 PM
jpenn11 Thanks Gazza--that's kind of what I expected. Does the video have a title? I would like to try to find it.
02-22-04 01:07 AM
Gazza well.....it can be called whatever ya wanna call it! Its not an official release after all!

most people tend to just list stuff in their video collection by date and location..so Rock n Roll Hall of fame January 18 1989 should get you there!

BEST VIEWED HIGH