ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Poor Brian-Screwed Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-23-04 04:07 PM
stewed & Keefed Why was Miss U Banned ?
02-23-04 04:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Why was Miss U Banned ?

I don't know. I hate bans. It's worse than being excommunicated. At least IMO. But I do understand (I think) that sometimes they have to exist. To me it's like a missing child at the dinner table....no matter how bad they were. One of the unpleasantrys of life I guess.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-23-04 06:08 PM
Gazza Actually - she banned herself. She told us she wouldnt post anymore after she sent several stroppy e-mails that we didnt take kindly to, and told her she was being somewhat "illogical". She told us in an abusive manner she wouldnt post anymore, so we saved her the bother of doing so by banning her.

She kept e-mailing us on a regular basis wanting this person banned and that post deleted because for some reason known only to herself she would interpret the comments as a slur against herself. To give an example and without mentioning any names, she wanted one particular poster banned because she took offence at their avatar as she decided it was subliminally aimed at her. When we pointed out it was a bit hard to ban someone for something so unproven, she got nastier and more ridiculous.

As I'd imagine you can understand, we pay for this site and its a bit bloody much to put up with an ever increasing whine-fest by one person demanding we ban people who she doesnt approve of simply because of some unproven slur.

TTM - we dont like bans either. In fact,we fucking hate them. I personally hate banning anyone. However, with the greatest respect, if you've been around Stones sites for long enough you may be aware of the amount of spamming and abuse that goes on. You might call that free speech. Free speech is all very well if theres some responsibility and accountability. With the anonymity people have with the internet, to allow a message board to go completely without some kind of censure, you're inviting anarchy because unfortunately theres always a few people who cant act like adults and who fuck it up for everyone else. (I'm not suggesting Brenda was on a par with the Flynn's/Stonesbabes of this world but my point is simply to show that we have to draw the line somewhere)
02-23-04 06:25 PM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Gazza
02-23-04 10:17 PM
glencar Mizz U still posts elsewhere. She *appears* sane there but I ain't vouching for her sanity.
02-23-04 10:44 PM
gypsy She doesn't even appear sane to me. The woman is about as crazy as they come.
02-23-04 10:55 PM
glencar On Doug's board, you have to play by the rules. Even a nut like her knows she can't pull what she pulled here.
02-23-04 10:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Why was Miss U Banned ?

To make the long story short she's an undesirable visitor and the best definition of an ignorant loser
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH