ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Poor Brian-Screwed Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
02-20-04 03:55 PM
Gazza >Gazza, tickets for the 2 MSG shows in january were almost imposible to get....I had to pay 3k....

yeah well thats YOU, Josh. You probably took pride in doing so. Didnt you go at the last minute? There were tickets still available a few days before showtime on the boards. I saw them. It wasnt that difficult to get. Wembley #1 was a bastard to get tickets for.

>"Spiteful Brits" gotcha, didn't it?

well...as you denied posting it, I gues I had to point it out. "Got me"? Not really.

> But plain & simple, the Beatles will always be #1 in Brit's heart.

and in every country's. the fact is, Britain produced the biggest band of all time. Something I think that as a country they have a right to be proud of. Similarly, the Irish are proud of U2 who despite coming from a tiny country of 3.5 million people are one of the biggest bands in the world.

> Maybe in America too but here the Stones are given their due. Not enough for my taste but more than over there.

How do YOU know theyre not given their due? YOU live in New York for Chrissake. Do you spend all day scouring the internet for online versions of UK publications hoping to find criticism of the Stones or something? Are you taking notes or something? Or do you just judge it on some meaningless little poll. What is "given their due" anyway? Does it include TV reports on the band that dont include tedious derogatory remarks about how old they look? Trust me, theres plenty of that from what I've seen and collected over the last 30 years on the Stones from the US media as well. The press here are more vicious than they are in America I'd concede, but theyre like that with EVERYONE. The Stones get it in the neck no more than anyone else. Somehow,I doubt it bothers them as much as it bothers other people.
02-20-04 04:09 PM
jb My sources say there will be an 05 appearence at MSG....I hope to meet you at this time regardless if i have better seats...I am not, however, a heavy drinker and I hope you will be respectful of my sobriety.
02-20-04 04:19 PM
Gazza Can I throw the first punch? LOL

Dont take it personal, either of you. LOL..I enjoy a 'debate' so long as its rational.

I'm not sure what my plans are gonna be for the next tour. If any. Far too early to say and too many "ifs" and "maybes". Theres also rumours of shows in September as I'm sure youve heard in which case, thats a no-no for me.

Hey Josh,dont presume that just because of where i'm from I'm an alcoholic. After all, I'd never presume that just because of your background, you'd be careful with money

[Edited by Gazza]
02-20-04 04:23 PM
jb
02-20-04 04:51 PM
glencar Joshy, if they play NY & you come up here, let's "meet" so I can turn my back on you, 'kay? And then you can buy me some good coke.
02-20-04 06:29 PM
kahoosier hey josh and glencar, been all over the world seeing the stones, have never met either of you, but if you can score "good" coke, I'll join you in New York for even jimmy buffet show, LOL, have not seen GOOD coke in years. Hmm, come to think of it out on the pacific island i live on, there is NO coke !
02-20-04 06:35 PM
glencar Jimmy Buffet was the only time I went to a concert & had a crappy time. I tried but just couldn't warm up to him. And Josh'll have to be our coke source.
02-20-04 08:40 PM
kahoosier LMAO well then josh it is up to you. To lessen the presuure I'll buy the tickets for the there of us .
02-21-04 11:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If youre seriously getting upset about some insignificant street name change in an stuck up little town 4,000 miles away from you because of a guy who died 35 years ago you seriously need to get a life.

Who fucking cares

Real Stones fans.
(Just kidding....I suppose it would have been nice but not necessary)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-21-04 02:39 PM
BILL PERKS ALL JEWS COUNT THEIR PENNIES..
02-21-04 03:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ALL JEWS COUNT THEIR PENNIES..

Well...I count my pennies and I'm not a jew. So all jews might be penny countersws, but not all penny counters are Jews.
02-21-04 07:14 PM
glencar Another thread run down...
02-21-04 08:34 PM
Gazza >Real Stones fans.

Guess I'm not one then and you are. Speaks volumes for the people you'd describe as "real fans" if thats something that upsets them so much. I think "xenophobes" might be the word you're looking for in this case.

"Real Stones fans" IMO care primarily about the music. Anything much more and you're getting into the territory of the "obsessive". Dangerous people. Getting one's knickers in a twist about something this insignificant is a bit too Miss U-ish for my liking.
[Edited by Gazza]
02-21-04 09:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot Speaking of Miss U...I can't believe that she doesn't have another petition going to get the name changed back.

She's slacking.

I couldn't agree more with Gazza. This is so completely silly. So a bunch of monied old farts want to change their street name, it happens all the time. Obviously none of us live on that street, so we have no right to bitch about it.

Be wise when you pick fights. Save your strength for the fights you actually have a chance of winning. Jousting at windmills has never worked for anyone.
02-21-04 10:14 PM
Gazza Theres actually a street in London called "Adolf Street". I dont know how long its been there but I'd hardly imagine it was built post-war considering the city had the shit bombed out of it. The fact that it hasnt been changed never ceases to amaze me. I'd love to know hw it got it's name in the first place and what the residents think of it. Are they weird beyond belief or do they just enjoy the irony.

On the same note, theres a mosque in Birmingham (England) named the Saddam Hussein Mosque. I kid you not. Britain being run by politically-correct thought-police lunatics tarring anyone who would find that offensive or inappopriate as a racist is probably the reason why it still keeps it's name.
02-21-04 10:36 PM
fmk438j Seeing we're on the topic, I shall soon mail Gerardo a pic of the street sign I happily pass everyday.
[Edited by fmk438j]
02-22-04 02:24 AM
kahoosier I grew up in a midwest USA town called Fort Wayne, Indiana. A former mayor is Harry S. Baals , pronounced as you would guess, or old Fuzz Nuts as my grandpappy used to call him. If memorey serves me well , and it usually does, these people, out by the Memorial Coliseum still have a Harry Baals Blvd.Try sending your kids to school with an address on that street.
02-22-04 11:56 AM
glencar I used to have a boss named Harry Cox. Ironically, he was a real asshole.
02-22-04 04:10 PM
glencar Aw who needs ya, creep!
02-22-04 04:50 PM
Gazza >Real Stones fans aren't hateful as you seem to be, at least not the kind I care to associate with, which is why I no longer post here. Gazza if all you care about is the music, why create a stones message board.

because thats precisely what I care about. I personally dont give a fuck about who Mick is screwing or stuff like that. However, at least we recognise that other people DO which is their prerogative. Which is why we will post news stories relating to stuff like that. People come here for different reasons and like/dislike certain things more than others. I would imagine that the unifying factor is however an appreciation of the music.

I've only ever bought tickets for Rolling stones concerts or bought their records BECAUSE I like the music. Nothing else matters. If I was into someone because of what they looked like, I'd be going to see Beyonce or Britney Spears.

Miss U - I'm not hateful to everyone. Just fucking losers and obsessive nutters. So consider yourself privileged. When you started posting here we were e-mailed by several people to "watch" out for you because you were a potential nutcase and a serial whiner. We still let you post because you seemed harmless and inoffensive enough and everyone deserves a chance. Sorry to say we were wrong.

I'd say most of the people here - and certainly myself - DO have a life. A normal one at that. Do You? Being called a loser from someone like you I'd consider to be a great seal of approval. You're one of the most balanced people I've ever met. You have a chip on BOTH shoulders.

I'm being lectured on what makes a "real Stones fan" by someone who wants Brian Jones' body dug up. I rest my case.

far from "real stones fans" not being hateful, I think you'll find that they are a pretty mixed bunch of people as much as people from any walk of life or fans of any band. Some nice, some assholes, some white, some black, some short, some tall. Your definition is ludicrous.

My sincere apologies for only having great admiration for Brian Jones' qualities as a musician and feeling sorry for what happened to him, but NOT deifying him as a human being.

If you no longer post here, why come back for an encore? Don't let the fucking door hit you on your ass on the way out.

[Edited by Gazza]
02-22-04 09:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mizz U wrote:
which is why I no longer post here.

You don't post here because you were banned, you are not welcome here anymore as you are in other message boards and e-mail lists
02-22-04 11:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man....did I miss another Brenda meltdown?

Shit.

And I needed a good laugh today too....
02-23-04 12:23 AM
gypsy Not to worry. Miss U has a meltdown ten times a day.
02-23-04 09:47 AM
glencar "I'm being lectured on what makes a
'real Stones fan' by someone who wants Brian Jones' body dug up. I rest my case."

LOLOL I guess you didn't sign the petition either!
02-23-04 12:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
My sources say there will be an 05 appearence at MSG....I hope to meet you at this time regardless if i have better seats...I am not, however, a heavy drinker and I hope you will be respectful of my sobriety.

jb if they do a show a MSG I will meet you there.

And I will not respect your sobriety by any means

02-23-04 12:19 PM
jb Ralp Nader just cost us the election...
02-23-04 12:39 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Ralp Nader just cost us the election...

"us". We are ok jb, Bush will win 40 states. I am glad you are among is strong supporters. Nobody, and I mean nobody has supported the great state of Israel like W.
and I am glad you will be voting for him.

On another topic jb, I have a new venture I want you to consider investing in. I have given up on the "tele's do it at home laser eye surgery" for a while.

Here is the new venture jb that will make us all rich.

"tele's Bikini Landscaping Team"

Picture this. A van pulls up to your house, 6 HOT babes get out in bikinis and high heels to do all of your lawn work.

As the girls walk across the lawn in their high heels, it actually aerates (airates) the lawn at the same time!

I will send you a perspectus
02-23-04 12:51 PM
jb
02-23-04 12:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

I will take your smiley face as to mean you are in
for $50k.

jb, can you talk to parmeda, she keeps blowing off for drinks

Shalom

02-23-04 04:02 PM