ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ezio Petersen
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Return to archive
02-19-04 04:07 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Why are people so Fuckin jelous of Keith??? (I'm talking about Sir Elton) Well I guess he has a LOT to be jelous of that might be it....maybe...what do you think? The media thinks he should be in a Rocking Chair instead of Rockin on stage. It really pisses me off.
02-19-04 05:22 AM
FotiniD Keith has always been a favorite target for the press. In the seventies it was his drug use, now it's the fact he's not 20 years old anymore. I don't think he really cares about all that crap though, and neither do I or anyone for that matter.

And the Elton John thing is really for laughs. Sir EJ should first take a good look at the mirror before talking about monkeys with arthritis and other not so clever remarks. Jealousy? Maybe.
02-19-04 05:32 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan I wonder if EJ has ever met Keith in person? Probably not.
02-19-04 05:51 PM
scratched Didn't Elton join the Stones on stage in '76? I remember something about him supposedly coming on stage for one song but staying for the rest of the set, much to Keith's annoyance!
02-19-04 05:56 PM
glencar EJ is such a pest. I like some of his ballads but he hasn't had a good rocker since that one he did with Lennon & that was over 30 years ago.
02-19-04 08:31 PM
LadyJane
quote:
scratched wrote:
Didn't Elton join the Stones on stage in '76? I remember something about him supposedly coming on stage for one song but staying for the rest of the set, much to Keith's annoyance!

Yes..a great tale in Stonesian lore. Not sure of the year but EJ was invited for a guest appearance and refused to leave forcing our beloved Keef to tell him to "get the fuck off the stage". Thus the beginning of the Keef/EJ feud.

Gotta love our Keef!

LJ.

02-20-04 01:16 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Ladyjane that sounds like our Keef ahahahhahahaha What was EJ thinking?????? I bet he did what he was told hahahahaha
02-20-04 01:48 AM
Child of the Moon Elton joined them on-stage in '75, at the Hughes Stadium in Fort Collins, CO. Lenegnd has it that, after he played Honky Tonk Women as was planned, he stayed on the stage for seven more songs. I have the bootleg - it doesn't sound like he's on any of the others. Either way, Keith wasn't amused.
02-20-04 05:54 PM
BILL PERKS EJ IS A FAG HAG,AND A WANKER,BUT HIS ARTHRITIC MONKEY LINE WAS PRETTY GOOD INDEED.
02-20-04 06:06 PM
glencar Yeah but the "dead blonde songs" comment was a nice riposte!
02-21-04 02:12 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Arthritic monkey my ass!At least Keef didn't resort to having a fuckin hair transplant or whatever EJ has on that head!
02-21-04 03:08 AM
glencar And Keith never wore a Donald Duck costume on stage. What was THAT about?
02-21-04 10:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
And Keith never wore a Donald Duck costume on stage.

That we know of. (God forbid)
02-21-04 11:16 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan Did EJ wear the Donald Duck suit or was it Keef? lmao (if it was Keith he had to be "smacked up" pretty good!) Just kiddin Keef! Gotta Love ya Man!
02-22-04 12:02 PM
glencar EJ did it in Central Park in the early 80s. Quite silly.

BEST VIEWED HIGH