ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Car Boot sale copy of Black n Blue may raise up to £5000 at auction Return to archive
19th February 2008 04:37 PM
speedfreakjive http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/derbyshire/7252448.stm

Car boot sale LP may fetch £5,000
Rolling Stones album
The buyer paid just £2 for the signed album at a car boot sale
A 1976 Rolling Stones album bought for £2 at a car boot sale, could fetch up to £5,000 at auction.

The album, owned by a Derbyshire man, is thought to be signed by the band and John Lennon, Yoko Ono, Paul and Linda McCartney and George Harrison.

Experts think the Black and Blue album was signed as part of a celebration to welcome Ronnie Wood, who replaced Mick Taylor in the band in 1976.

The buyer was unaware of the record's worth, haggling the cost down from £3.

'Genuine signatures'

Alan Judd, manager of the collectors' department at Bamfords Auctioneers in Derby, said the album was creating a great deal of interest.

"I've looked at the album very carefully and there's no doubt in my mind that these are genuine signatures.

"There was all that time after Brian Jones died where the Rolling Stones didn't really have a replacement.

"Then Ronnie Wood came along and that was the moment the band was really back together as a full group.

"I think they were all together for a celebration, a really seminal moment."

The sale takes place on 20 February at Bamfords.

[Edited by speedfreakjive]
19th February 2008 05:00 PM
Gazza Alan Judd, manager of the collectors' department at Bamfords Auctioneers in Derby, said the album was creating a great deal of interest.

"I've looked at the album very carefully and there's no doubt in my mind that these are genuine signatures.

"There was all that time after Brian Jones died where the Rolling Stones didn't really have a replacement.

"Then Ronnie Wood came along and that was the moment the band was really back together as a full group.

Thanks for the history lesson, Mr Judd.....they made some really shit albums while they were floundering for that 'replacement' as a 4-piece....

Find it hard to believe John, Paul AND George would have been hanging out together in 1976, personally.

[Edited by Gazza]
19th February 2008 06:54 PM
Fiji Joe LOL...the "floundering" Mick Taylor years...I'm not sure I'd let THIS guy be the ultimate authority as to the authenticity of those signatures
19th February 2008 07:22 PM
glencar Somebody should give Ringo 10 pence to add his sig!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)