ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Some very cool news.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th February 2008 04:21 PM
Joey " i pLAY THE sKIN fLUTE !!!! "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19th February 2008 05:10 PM
Starbuck
quote:
At least I can say that my band WRITES AND PLAYS OUR OWN SONGS(We have a rule...no more than 2 cover songs per night). The songs that your band plays Bucky....how many of those did you guys write?

FYI...i am in a band that does write it's own tunes, and i have written several myself....how many beer belly tunes have you composed?

you just wait till you hear our first single, "green irish hills"....it's so damn good it will make you want to spit.
[Edited by Starbuck]
19th February 2008 05:19 PM
Joey " ....you just wait till you hear our first single, "green irish hills"...."

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!

19th February 2008 05:47 PM
gypsy
quote:
GayB wrote:

Do you know how to play spoons?
quote:

i pLAY THE sKIN fLUTE !!!!

Aliases are lame.
19th February 2008 06:31 PM
sammy davis jr. Another flame war developing....everyday hat around here. I see Starbucks side of it- but, I'm also happy for SS. Besides, my band's better than both yours COMBINED. Ha!
19th February 2008 07:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
My band was invited to play at a 3 day festival over Labor Day. It's called the "Rroll Over Dover Music & Arts Festival". Some place called Dover TN. It's a rather large affair, with over 15,000 tickets sold last year.

From what we've been told so far, we can expect to play all 3 days. Friday and Saturday on the small side stages, and Sunday we play the big stage as one of the openers for The Black Keys. The main stage will have a live streaming simulcast all 3 days.

It ain't Bonnaroo, but it doesn't suck either!

www.rrolloverdover.com

Where have I seen this before?
19th February 2008 09:48 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Another flame war developing....everyday hat around here. I see Starbucks side of it- but, I'm also happy for SS.

hardly. i don't see any major flame wars developing here. SS and i are far too professional for that to happen.

besides...he's left the board!

meanwhile, i continue rockin' to the music of the man whose playing i model myself after...

and SS will do the same!

[Edited by Starbuck]
19th February 2008 10:42 PM
lotsajizz ss seems quite the ghey ghuy
20th February 2008 02:58 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>dude...you shake a tambourine!<

Not for that gig I won't. I'll be playing the full kit. We'll also have a lead guitar player and a piano player. Everyone will be plugged in for this gig, so I can play actual drums.

Funny that you don't understand dynamics. We play acoustic country blues. If I played my drums when we play acoustic, that is all you'd hear....my drums. And that would suck. So I bang on a tambourine and shake shakers. I do that because that is what the songs need to be heard, and musically speaking, it fits in better with the musical style we play.

If you want to be a dick just to be a dick...that's fine with me. At least I can say that my band WRITES AND PLAYS OUR OWN SONGS(We have a rule...no more than 2 cover songs per night). The songs that your band plays Bucky....how many of those did you guys write? Oh yeah, none. I suppose if you can't write good songs, pretending to be The Beatles, who did write good songs, is a good way to go.

I'd rather do what I do, than be in a dime a dozen "tribute" cover band.

You wanna keep being a dickhead, or do you want stop it now?

I think the Stones should cover "The Night They Drove ole' Dixie down....
20th February 2008 03:03 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

hmmmm....i'll have to think on that one.

you seem to be missing the point of my "being a dickhead", so i'll elaborate. first of all, the fact that i am in a tribute band, and a beatles one at that, is something that i put forth not to toot my own horn, but as a way of self deprication. there are some talented and creative people on these boards, and sometimes the best form of fun is to make fun of each other...some of the other regulars have made me wet my pants at the anti beatle stuff they come up with. it's hilarious, and its at my expense, which makes it even funnier. at the end of the day, however, i'm still in a tribute band...i'm not out to change the world. you guys, on the other hand, are an original band, and a good one at that. so me making fun of you is a bit of an oxymoron, isn't it? similar to, say winslow ripping on the steelers, or joey praising his own posting abilities, perhaps?

the thing i take issue with is your departure and the way it was handled. i have always thought that those who have made the "i'm leaving and never coming back" post and then do come back are lame...you have done it, but yet you still come back and post from time to time, which is lame in and of itself. however, whenever you do come back, the only reason you come is either to let us know how well your band is doing or to let us know how much poo tang you're getting, which is even lamer. are you back, or are you not? are the stones your boys, or have they betrayed you? most importantly, do you love us enough to reclaim your spot on the throne of C10, or do you only want us around to fluff your ego when you need a boost?

make up your mind, man! and stop being lame. if you're home to stay, pull up a chair and post. if not, take a lesson from fleabit, who i still miss but respect greatly for having a classic meltdown but yet sticking to his guns and staying away....

Photobucket
20th February 2008 03:15 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
The Pretentious Poet wrote:

Come now gypsy- don't be cruel! Don't you be uptight!
The alias can rue the day...if you use it right.

Postin'

Photobucket
20th February 2008 03:17 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Another flame war developing....everyday hat around here. I see Starbucks side of it- but, I'm also happy for SS.

SHHHHHHUSHHHHHH!

Photobucket
20th February 2008 04:29 PM
gypsy I'm in a band too. We rock pretty hard as well.

20th February 2008 05:40 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I'm in a band too. We rock pretty hard as well.

are you the one with the tambourine (SS)?
20th February 2008 06:01 PM
gypsy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

are you the one with the tambourine (SS)?

Yes, I am. The "SS" is for soul sister, no?
20th February 2008 06:24 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Yes, I am. The "SS" is for soul sister, no?

do you write your own music? or are you one of those lame cover bands?
20th February 2008 06:27 PM
SheRat "na way raelly? I haven to be at work in 6 hours. I'm soeey. I'mpretty drunk....I was gonna aks you yest about the fresh herring." SheRat, 12-6-07"

I just noticed this and cannot stop laughing at it. However, the "aks" is several hours later and deliberate.
20th February 2008 06:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" i pLAY THE sKIN fLUTE !!!! "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama Knuckles plays a mean skin flute.

20th February 2008 07:04 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I just noticed this and cannot stop laughing at it. However, the "aks" is several hours later and deliberate.

really? i figured it was because you were black.
20th February 2008 07:12 PM
SheRat
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

really? i figured it was because you were black.

you brat. I *MEANT* it wasn't a drunken typo like the rest of the horrible spelling in that quote.
20th February 2008 07:24 PM
TomL
quote:
GayB wrote:

Do you know how to play spoons?
quote:

i pLAY THE sKIN fLUTE !!!!

And you talk about my posts. Anyway congrats SS. They have some nice farm girls down there, keep you up all night.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)