ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light USB Tongue CD Return to archive
16th February 2008 03:28 PM
gimmekeef Found on amazon its a USB plug in with the album on it shaped like the tongue..maybe someone can imbed it here

http://www.amazon.com/Shine-Light-Stick-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00142K9CM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203170858&sr=1-3
16th February 2008 03:31 PM
speedfreakjive
16th February 2008 03:34 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Speedfreakjive....If its the double cd then this is how I will buy it..looks cool
16th February 2008 03:43 PM
PartyDoll MEG OK..I'm not a dummy or anything.

Can someone tell me what the hell you would do with a USB tongue stick. You think it lights up or something? Or do you actually think The CD's are on a flash drive? If so, that is pretty cool...

Christ on a Bike!! What next??!!!
16th February 2008 03:47 PM
gimmekeef Meg..pretty sure its a flash drive you plug into pc etc and download the sound track...Wonder if its limited to number of times it works etc...Otherwise we could buy one and send it around like those panties!....lol
16th February 2008 03:57 PM
GotToRollMe I saw this last night too, and was wondering what the hell it was. I'm also wondering why there are four different prices for the CD - I know there's a one-CD and two-CD set, but four prices ranging from $13.98 to $54.98? And can anyone tell me what Dlx and Ocrd mean?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/103-4488165-1813408?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=rolling+stones+shine+a+light+soundtrack&x=11&y=23
16th February 2008 04:14 PM
glencar the expensive one is the japanese import version. I bought that when BTB came out because it had an extra song on it.
16th February 2008 04:16 PM
glencar I see it's not exactly flying off the shelves...

This is for the US 2 CD version: Amazon.com Sales Rank: #101,209 in Music
16th February 2008 04:28 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Or do you actually think The CD's are on a flash drive?

Definitely.

Besides the tchotchke factor, I'd guess it'll come with "bonus" material like video, ringtones or sumthin'...

Willie Nelson sells USB wristbands of his live shows.
Who'd of thunk his fans even had computers?
16th February 2008 04:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Definitely.

Besides the tchotchke factor, I'd guess it'll come with "bonus" material like video, ringtones or sumthin'...

Willie Nelson sells USB wristbands of his live shows.
Who'd of thunk his fans even had computers?

LMAO!! Guess nuthin' really surprises me!

16th February 2008 04:34 PM
glencar Ringtones? I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO there!
16th February 2008 06:36 PM
open-g
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I saw this last night too, and was wondering what the hell it was. I'm also wondering why there are four different prices for the CD - I know there's a one-CD and two-CD set, but four prices ranging from $13.98 to $54.98? And can anyone tell me what Dlx and Ocrd mean?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/103-4488165-1813408?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=rolling+stones+shine+a+light+soundtrack&x=11&y=23

DLX stands for Deluxe Edition

Deluxe editions are typically reissues of historically important albums. They often contain bonus material in the form of extra recordings or video footage. Extensive liner notes are often included.

I was pondering what OCRD means too.
I found these but they weren't right;

Obssessive Compulsive Reef Disorder
Office Chief of Research and Development, United States Army
Oglethorpe County Recreation Department
Office of the Children's Rights Director
Ocean Climate Research Division
On China Research And Development
Obligatory Dave Chapelle Reference
Old Cool Digital Recording
Officer & Citizen Down = Rescue
Orbiter Critical Design Review
Optical coherence domain reflectometer
OPTIMIST CLUBS OF DURHAM REGION
http://www.ocdr.org/brooklin.html

but It seems this is the right description:
original (o) cuts (c) remastered (rd)

[Edited by open-g]
16th February 2008 06:49 PM
open-g while I'm at it, the SHM version means
Super High Material CD

SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan. Polycarbonate plastic with improved transparency is used for the disc surface for enhanced audio quality. *Plays on regular CD players.

and as Munichhilton pointed out:
only small dogs and bats can hear the difference
lol
17th February 2008 05:43 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
open-g wrote:

DLX stands for Deluxe Edition

Deluxe editions are typically reissues of historically important albums. They often contain bonus material in the form of extra recordings or video footage. Extensive liner notes are often included.

I was pondering what OCRD means too.
I found these but they weren't right;

Obssessive Compulsive Reef Disorder
Office Chief of Research and Development, United States Army
Oglethorpe County Recreation Department
Office of the Children's Rights Director
Ocean Climate Research Division
On China Research And Development
Obligatory Dave Chapelle Reference
Old Cool Digital Recording
Officer & Citizen Down = Rescue
Orbiter Critical Design Review
Optical coherence domain reflectometer
OPTIMIST CLUBS OF DURHAM REGION
http://www.ocdr.org/brooklin.html

but It seems this is the right description:
original (o) cuts (c) remastered (rd)

[Edited by open-g]

Thanks, open-g. I think I'll just wait until the Extra Special Super Duper Deluxe Edition goes on sale in a couple of months...lol.
18th February 2008 10:38 AM
Bitch Didnt A Bigger Bang also have a USB memory stick for sale? I remember reading about it, but I never saw it in a store, and I always look for anything Stones everywhere. Maybe it was available online only, and maybe this is too.
BUT
No more online shopping for me since someone ordered 4 Michelin tires using my credit card, and I got stuck with the bill. Cash and carry only for me. Luckily I live in NJ, land of shopping malls, lol.
18th February 2008 11:22 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Didnt A Bigger Bang also have a USB memory stick for sale? I remember reading about it, but I never saw it in a store, and I always look for anything Stones everywhere. Maybe it was available online only, and maybe this is too.
BUT
No more online shopping for me since someone ordered 4 Michelin tires using my credit card, and I got stuck with the bill. Cash and carry only for me. Luckily I live in NJ, land of shopping malls, lol.

BTW..Thanks for the tires....vrrrrrrooooooooom
18th February 2008 12:39 PM
Jeep
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Didnt A Bigger Bang also have a USB memory stick for sale? I remember reading about it, but I never saw it in a store, and I always look for anything Stones everywhere. Maybe it was available online only, and maybe this is too.

It wasn't a USB stick but a microSD card.
Sometimes one of'em appears on Ebay.

18th February 2008 11:10 PM
Bitch
quote:
Jeep wrote:

It wasn't a USB stick but a microSD card.
Sometimes one of'em appears on Ebay.

thanks I'll look for these in Best Buy, they may stock it, but what is the advantage of this format? size? And the SAL memory i being sold already ~ before it hits the theater? Strange since the DVDs usually come out after the movies finishes its theater run.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)