ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "You Can't Always Get What You Want" remixed for movie Return to archive
16th February 2008 08:00 AM
open-g "You Can't Always Get What You Want" remixed for movie
Belgian DJs Soulwax have partnered with ABKCO to remix "You Can't Always Get What You Want" for the upcoming movie "21". ABKCO will release the tune exclusively through iTunes for a week, beginning Feb. 19. See the complete press release from ABKCO with details about The Rolling Stones Soulwax Remix - You Can't Always Get What You Want.

read more about it here:http://www.iorr.org/abkco/cag_remix.htm
16th February 2008 08:15 AM
Nellcote The ongoing, bothersome thing about the press release is the use of the word "our" within following statement:

"Jody Klein, ABKCO’s President, commented, “We are very excited to present our music in innovative ways to new generations of fans."

16th February 2008 08:42 AM
glencar Jody played the tambourine, uncredited.
16th February 2008 10:19 AM
gimmekeef So..some fat asshole with a ball cap on sideways is gonna make a turntable go back and forth while the song plays?..And we should give a fuck?
16th February 2008 10:39 AM
fireontheplatter the movie sounds great. love kevin spacey.
it will be interesting to hear this version
16th February 2008 10:45 AM
open-g
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So..some fat asshole with a ball cap on sideways is gonna make a turntable go back and forth while the song plays?..And we should give a fuck?

lol - i think the song doesn't bode itself to well for that kinda rap.

but seriously - what's to be expected? what kind of remix?
16th February 2008 11:12 AM
BILL PERKS THE SYMPATHY REMIX VIDEO WAS AWESOME- CHECK IT OUT
16th February 2008 01:13 PM
pdog
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THE SYMPATHY REMIX VIDEO WAS AWESOME- CHECK IT OUT

It made me feel sick.
17th February 2008 03:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course I won't buy this for the following reasons:

• Another of the best Stones songs remixed by ABKCO!! They already spoiled in a big way SFTD; it was ugly to listen that version, in fact I have that CD and listened to it only one time.

• ABKCO sucks!! They don't know how to make money from the stolen catalog of the Stones (stolen as they made some "small font" clauses abusing of the young boyz in the 60s)

• They sent a takedown notification for my video of the Stones and Jimi backstage @ MSG 69... the nice thing here is that I won against those suckers. Hope the Stones someday will do the same, enough is enough.

• Allen Klein is the biggest asshole all over the planet, and he does not care, he called himself the biggest bastard "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, because I'm the biggest bastard in the valley."
17th February 2008 04:27 PM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Of course I won't buy this for the following reasons:

• Another of the best Stones songs remixed by ABKCO!! They already spoiled in a big way SFTD; it was ugly to listen that version, in fact I have that CD and listened to it only one time.

• ABKCO sucks!! They don't know how to make money from the stolen catalog of the Stones (stolen as they made some "small font" clauses abusing of the young boyz in the 60s)

• They sent a takedown notification for my video of the Stones and Jimi backstage @ MSG 69... the nice thing here is that I won against those suckers. Hope the Stones someday will do the same, enough is enough.

• Allen Klein is the biggest asshole all over the planet, and he does not care, he called himself the biggest bastard "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, because I'm the biggest bastard in the valley."

Klein better not get too cocky; there's always a bigger, badder bastard out there.
17th February 2008 05:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Klein better not get too cocky; there's always a bigger, badder bastard out there.

I have serious doubts about it, he's the greatest at least in music history (not only rock history) probably there are some politicians bigger than Klein in that field

Fuck Allen Klein!
17th February 2008 05:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I have serious doubts about it, he's the greatest at least in music history (not only rock history) probably there are some politicians bigger than Klein in that field

Fuck Allen Klein!

Fuck that corrupt bastard!

I still wish some mean son-of-a-bitch would kick his ass.
18th February 2008 10:45 PM
andrews27 OH FUCK ABKCO !!
18th February 2008 11:15 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Fuck that corrupt bastard!

I still wish some mean son-of-a-bitch would kick his ass.

I'm being nice

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)