ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Happy 66th birthday Brian!
© ? with thanks to zooeyglass!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Penn Appretiation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th February 2008 02:07 PM
TampabayStone Greatest American Actor??

13th February 2008 02:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Greatest American Actor??

RIP
13th February 2008 02:19 PM
gypsy He was awesome in Footloose!

His anti-American brother, Sean Penn, really sucks. As a person.
13th February 2008 02:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Greatest American Actor??

Dude!

The Wild Life? What a classic, I haven't seen that in nigh on dogs' years. With the gorgeous Jenny Wright (see The Wall). Oh man, I loved that woman. You know, like back in the day.
13th February 2008 02:38 PM
TampabayStone
13th February 2008 02:42 PM
TampabayStone
13th February 2008 02:50 PM
TampabayStone
13th February 2008 02:58 PM
TampabayStone
13th February 2008 02:59 PM
GotToRollMe A shamefully underrated actor. He was tremendous in "Reservoir Dogs" and especially "The Funeral." A real loss.
13th February 2008 03:13 PM
texile
quote:
gypsy wrote:

His anti-American brother, Sean Penn, really sucks. As a person.

chris was definately more likeable,
i loved his doughy-ness......

i don't know about anti-american,
because i don't see dissent as UN-american.
but i do agree with you gypsey,
sean, to me, has always came across as arrogant, smug -
and - with some exceptions - indulgent as an actor....
no one has been more rewarded for OVERACTING.
13th February 2008 11:53 PM
sirmoonie Okay, so thanks to this thread, I had Jenny Wright on the brain all day. I guess she's not that attractive a person really, but she drove me insane back in the day.

She's the groupie in the pink pants. Kick boat tune, too. Young lust indeed.

Here she is hanging with Geldof/Pink when he goes mongo. She kills me, just kills.
14th February 2008 12:12 AM
Bloozehound I saw him in a rap video once where he was behind a bar making up all these drinks, always thought that was a cool cameo, can't remember what video it was though...
14th February 2008 12:58 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

That movie is lame but somehow entertaining. Kevin Bacon resembles a cross betwen Johnny Rotten and Clay Aiken here, ain't he? And before the excess of alcohol, drugs and food, Chris Penn was a slim mofo. Great actor. I prefer him to the often pretentious Sean, who was only good in roles where he wasn't meant to be taken too seriously (see Carlito's Way and Fast Times).
14th February 2008 01:01 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

From the looks of this, both Walken and Penn's looks have deteriorated with age. Ah, c'est la vie.
14th February 2008 10:23 AM
TampabayStone Unfortunately, there are not many Utube clips of him. I searched everywhere for when he freaks about all the cars in Resevior Dogs. Also the one when he's f'in with White in daddy's office.

I have seen this dude in dozens of movies and always found him great no matter how crappy or good the film was.
14th February 2008 11:34 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Unfortunately, there are not many Utube clips of him. I searched everywhere for when he freaks about all the cars in Resevior Dogs. Also the one when he's f'in with White in daddy's office.

I have seen this dude in dozens of movies and always found him great no matter how crappy or good the film was.

He was great in All The Right Moves, a grade-A yinzer movie.
14th February 2008 07:05 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Amazing how we always end up in the same place... Christ, I had the hots for Lea Thompson back then.
14th February 2008 08:26 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yes he was.

The greatest yinzer movie ever?

14th February 2008 08:44 PM
TampabayStone Man, you guys are proud of everything there!! How would Yinzers have spun the hanging chad thing as a state accomplishment.
14th February 2008 08:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

that was a cool scene and cool song, chicks in hot pants had to be one of the cooler things about the 80's, they need to come back in style
14th February 2008 09:10 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

that was a cool scene and cool song, chicks in hot pants had to be one of the cooler things about the 80's, they need to come back in style

15th February 2008 12:38 AM
sirmoonie Yinzer movie of the finest grade.

15th February 2008 12:15 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Okay, so thanks to this thread, I had Jenny Wright on the brain all day. I guess she's not that attractive a person really, but she drove me insane back in the day.

Here she is hanging with Geldof/Pink when he goes mongo. She kills me, just kills.

Moonie likes bad girls.
15th February 2008 06:25 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yinzer movie of the finest grade.

Monroeville mall I remember going there as a little kid and being blown away.

Get this. As I am typing this Bill Cowher is doing an interview on channel 11, and he says he will never coach again.
15th February 2008 08:17 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
From the looks of this, both Walken and Penn's looks have deteriorated with age. Ah, c'est la vie.

Oh so sad but true. Sean Penn was a hottie back in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Ahh the days when he was married to Mandonna.

Lmao that yinzer movie poster cracks me up but All The Right Moves is a good movie and so is At Close Range.
RIP Chris Penn
15th February 2008 10:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Moonie likes bad girls.

bad girls make the world go 'round
16th February 2008 12:57 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

That movie is lame but somehow entertaining. Kevin Bacon resembles a cross betwen Johnny Rotten and Clay Aiken here, ain't he? And before the excess of alcohol, drugs and food, Chris Penn was a slim mofo. Great actor. I prefer him to the often pretentious Sean, who was only good in roles where he wasn't meant to be taken too seriously (see Carlito's Way and Fast Times).

"Mystic River" is a pretty damn good movie.

However, even as I watched Sean Penn perform in it, I kept waiting for him to say "Whoa, gnarley!".
16th February 2008 09:53 PM
robpop
16th February 2008 10:14 PM
gypsy
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

"Mystic River" is a pretty damn good movie.

It's okay. It's no "Mystic Pizza."
16th February 2008 10:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

Her apology is the funniest part of that clip.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)