ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hyde Park 05/07/69 DVD Return to archive
February 17th, 2005 09:06 PM
sj Just watched the Granada DVD of this show. WOW! OK, so it's Mick Taylor's first public performance, the music is a bit sloppy, but the VIBE is electric. I get goose bumps listening to the heartfelt Love In Vain. And those UK hell's angels are Oh so sweet.. doing a bit of a rooster dance to Sympathy.
I put this on whenever I wanna see a real feel good show.
Man what I'd have done to be at that show!!

Interestingly enough .. exactly 5 months later, on 5/12/69, Altamont would occur. What a contrast!!

I've heard rumours this show may be remastered? If anyone has confirmation, I'd love to hear it.

February 17th, 2005 09:50 PM
jpenn11 Taylor seems to move more in Hyde Park than in later shows.

Not aware of a remaster though what floats around under this title can vary in quality.

If you ask nicely, Granada will let you know that they have outtakes (No Expectations, etc.). Liberating the outtakes is another story. AFAIK, no one has seen them other than Granada.
February 18th, 2005 06:08 PM
crb69 I always got into the version of Satisfaction from that show. They did it similarly on the Steel Wheels tour.

Mick would sing at one point:

Can you hit me 1 time? BAM!

2 times? BAM BAM!! ...

I used to do a version like that too in the Stones band I was in 10 years ago called Midnight Rambler...the crowd loved it.

4 Times? BAM BAM BAM BAM!!!!

Hey! Hey! Hey! Heh heh hey...then I'd rip out a killer guitar solo...God I miss those dayz!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood