ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Who disk was worked on before Christmas. Working title: "Who2", per uncut magazine.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 17th, 2005 02:19 AM
IanBillen Seen The Who are putting together an album and it will be called Who2. This title is supposedably because only two of original members are living. They worked on it before Christmas. This was in Uncut magazine I seen today at the bookstore.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 17th, 2005 06:15 AM
bez85 cheezy title...
February 17th, 2005 06:31 AM
Hannalee Working title. Roger wants to call it Who's Left?
February 17th, 2005 07:23 AM
glencar LOL
February 17th, 2005 07:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL

You're losing your touch, Blue.

As a long-time Who basher, I'd have thought you'd have come back with something like "Who Fucking Cares" as a possible title ...
February 17th, 2005 07:54 AM
glencar Gaz, I've been up all night & am looped on cold medicine. "LOL" is all I can do for now. Besides, there's no chance in HELL that'll I'll buy any further Who2 produit.
February 17th, 2005 08:02 AM
Gazza I'll forgive you this time.
February 17th, 2005 08:08 AM
glencar Thanks! Now I've gotta try sleeping...Good night, good morning!
February 17th, 2005 08:59 AM
Nellcote Ian, did you buy that UNCUT, or did you just graze, crease the pages, and now someone has to purchase distressed inventory?
Just wondering, as I used to own a magazine shop..
February 17th, 2005 09:21 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
no chance in HELL that'll I'll buy any further Who2 produit.

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!

I will continue to have benign fasciculations, stomach pain, flank pain, and stress related disorders.

Little Hurskee Joe !
February 17th, 2005 11:54 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ian, did you buy that UNCUT, or did you just graze, crease the pages, and now someone has to purchase distressed inventory?
Just wondering, as I used to own a magazine shop..

Nellcoat. Are you kidding me? I glanced through it for 3 or 4 minutes because it was a Rolling Stones special Un-Cut with a feature on the death of Brian Jones.

I was at Borders book store. I, as many customers there, have given them hundereds of dollars since they have opened a few years back and was browsing through a magazine along with about four other folks in the magazine section of the book store.

You see I teach computers for a living and I have purchased several computer certification text books, as well as a few other books not concerening my work in the past few years. Not to mention CD's, and items in their coffee shop just as that very day.

If they won't let me look through a magazine after all the sales I have given them in the past few years they can go
pound salt. And yes, I put it back on the shelf in excellent condition just as I found it.

Now, did I pass?

Ian
February 17th, 2005 08:25 PM
Soldatti BEST WHO YET!
February 17th, 2005 08:44 PM
Nellcote Ian;

No, you did not. Especially when I find it was the Stones Special, what the hell kind of fan are you that you do not have this in your collection? Get a grip man!
Buy Or Die was my motto when I had my store.
February 17th, 2005 09:25 PM
JumpingKentFlash I really friggin' hope that they will release this disc and then call it quits.........I love the Who.

A thought: Picture Pete Townsend in Ronnie's place in The Stones. Would be tres cool.
February 17th, 2005 09:49 PM
IanBillen

Next time I go down there I am really going to really show em who's Boss. I'm going to bring a gun into the situation. We will see who is laughing then! If one of the clerks tries any funny business with me about my browsing activities I'll just blow his fucking head off!

Ian
February 17th, 2005 10:29 PM
Gazza Christ...

no more Mr Nice Guy!!!
February 17th, 2005 10:38 PM
Nellcote Ian, take your meds!
I do not want to read about you going postal on some poor "clark kent" magazine clerk.
We need your insight here.
Go back & rebuild another hard drive for some mental therapy...
February 17th, 2005 10:48 PM
Bloozehound it's of my most humble, but expert opinion in these matters that the Who should title this next modern masterpiece of fine art...

WHO'S DAT IAN! ===>
February 17th, 2005 11:39 PM
IanBillen
Gazza:
That's right no more Mr. Nice Guy. Especially to people who may harrass me at my local reading hole.

Nellcoat:
I have taken my meds and now I realize I may of over did it with the gun thing. A knife sure, but never a gun.

Bloozehound:
Who2, U2, and maybe Nosferatu if you don't watch yourself there.

Ian
February 18th, 2005 11:06 AM
Joey

" Next time I go down there I am really going to really show em who's Boss. I'm going to bring a gun into the situation. We will see who is laughing then! If one of the clerks tries any funny business with me about my browsing activities I'll just blow his fucking head off! "

Three shots to the head each ........then just drop the gun and walk out of the restaurant ( er , store ) .

Ah , don't worry about a thing kid ---- They will all be scared of ya ......You'll go away for awhile and we will catch the heat .

**** Ian : " How bad is it gonna be ?!?! " ******

Pretty friggin bad .......Ah , that's OK !!!!! These things gotta happen every now and then --- Gets rid of the bad blood ....... Been ten years since the last War !!!!! .... TEN FRIGGIN YEARS !!!!!!

Joey Clemenza !

February 18th, 2005 11:15 AM
Nellcote Ian will have lot's o' time to listen to WHO2 while waiting for his turn sitting in Old Sparky in the BIG HOUSE for gunning down the two innocent magazine clerks for his "grazing" of the magazines. I hope Cafe Hostess Jill is not hit by wayward shrapnel. This could have a negative impact on Joey's ongoing liason...
February 18th, 2005 11:17 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ian will have lot's o' time to listen to WHO2 while waiting for his turn sitting in Old Sparky in the BIG HOUSE for gunning down the two innocent magazine clerks for his "grazing" of the magazines. I hope Cafe Hostess Jill is not hit by wayward shrapnel. This could have a negative impact on Joey's ongoing liason...

Nellcote ....................................

I was up until 2:00 AM CDT last night watching my brand new " Four Reels , THE WHO , HOUSTON 1975 " DVD !!!!

I'm dead tired this morning ( hope it doesn't affect me ' clubbing ' this evening ).

Like you , I am going to ask for one of those " Esso " Gas Station Attendant shirts for Christmas .
February 18th, 2005 11:23 AM
Nellcote So, I take it your limbs are tiring from the rapid, churning mid 70's deadon windmill bashing of a Les Paul by One Peter Townsend? Or, were you doing "research" as the early 2000 Pete Townsend model was performing? I hope it was the former, not the latter...
February 18th, 2005 11:31 AM
Jumping Jack Moon definetly pumped high octane with his Esso suit!
February 18th, 2005 11:33 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, I take it your limbs are tiring from the rapid, churning mid 70's deadon windmill bashing of a Les Paul by One Peter Townsend? Or, were you doing "research" as the early 2000 Pete Townsend model was performing? I hope it was the former, not the latter...

1970's style Windmill ...........................

J.J. ........you are correct --- It's a ' suit ' and not a shirt .

J.

[Edited by Joey]
February 18th, 2005 12:52 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, I take it your limbs are tiring from the rapid, churning mid 70's deadon windmill bashing of a Les Paul by One Peter Townsend? Or, were you doing "research" as the early 2000 Pete Townsend model was performing? I hope it was the former, not the latter...

EXCELLENT POST..JOEY SENT PETEY THE WEB ADDRESS PETE GOT CAUGHT ON..IT WAS www.joeynjblikelilboys.org
February 18th, 2005 02:41 PM
IanBillen
Joey:
Hostess Jill shall be spared on your behalf.

Nellcoat:
I will spare hostess Jill. Good reccommendation. However. If this happens again. I will have to sit down with Joey over dinner like two Mafioso Bosses and I will say. "My Joey, this Jill is a thorn in my side". "We need to take care of that." (Joey's face then drops). I say "Joey you will take care of this for us won't you. If not, I will have to do it myself. Which may be much more painstaking for this situation."

I'll leave it at that.

Ian
February 18th, 2005 02:57 PM
Joey
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Joey:
Hostess Jill shall be spared on your behalf.

Nellcoat:
I will spare hostess Jill. Good reccommendation. However. If this happens again. I will have to sit down with Joey over dinner like two Mafioso Bosses and I will say. "My Joey, this Jill is a thorn in my side". "We need to take care of that." (Joey's face then drops). I say "Joey you will take care of this for us won't you. If not, I will have to do it myself. Which may be much more painstaking for this situation."

I'll leave it at that.

Ian

Ian .................................

Excellent Posting My Brother ....................

Please Feel Free to take the Rest of the Day Off .
February 18th, 2005 05:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
I really friggin' hope that they will release this disc and then call it quits.........I love the Who.

A thought: Picture Pete Townsend in Ronnie's place in The Stones. Would be tres cool.

Ronnie isn't going anywhere...accept it

February 18th, 2005 06:11 PM
JumpingKentFlash I have already accepted it. I don't even want Ronnie to go. But if he did, Townsend should be the new guy in the band. The Who was next best live after The Stones in my book.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood