ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kid Rock Arrested Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 16th, 2005 12:20 PM
Nellcote He should have listened to his cousin Chris Rock,
"There is no sex in the champagne room...."

Kid Rock arrested on charges of assaulting DJ at Nashville strip club
By John Gerome, Associated Press | February 16, 2005

NASHVILLE, Tenn. --Kid Rock was arrested Wednesday by Nashville police on charges that he punched a disc jockey at a strip club.

The 34-year-old rapper was released after posting a $3,000 bond on a charge of simple assault, a misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail.

"Everything is wonderful. It was a beautiful night," Kid Rock said as he left the Criminal Justice Center.

He had appeared a few hours earlier before Night Court Commissioner Howard Taradash. Kid Rock laughed and joked with the two officers who arrested him and two others there for the hearing as he stood in the dock -- a small room with a large glass window that separates defendants from the commissioner and observers.

Authorities said he was charged after a 3 a.m. altercation at Christie's Cabaret near downtown Nashville.

"Inside the establishment there was a squabble concerning, I guess, the selection of music," Nashville police Sgt. James Smith told reporters. "Again there are no major injuries but an assault did take place."

Television footage from outside the club showed the DJ, identified as Jay Campos, with a red mark on his face and holding his broken eyeglasses.

Arresting officer Lt. Calvin Hullett said Kid Rock surrendered at an apartment where he had been staying. He was in town to perform at a memorial service for songwriter Merle Kilgore Tuesday at Ryman Auditorium.

Hullett described Kid Rock as "very cooperative," despite giving officers the slip earlier. Hullett said the rapper left through a back door of another strip club when authorities showed up to arrest him.

When officers caught up with him, Kid Rock said he had dodged them because he wanted to sober up before being booked, Hullett said.

Born Bob Ritchie, Kid Rock was a Detroit-area hip-hop DJ when he broke through with 1998's "Devil Without a Cause," which successfully married hard rock beats with rap lyrics.

February 16th, 2005 03:46 PM
SheRat Kid Rock's a pussy. When I went down, I was charged with felony vandalism, assault with a deadly weapon and threat crime with intent to terrorize.

Oh, yeah, and Mr. Rock? You say you "fuck so hard I make their pussy fart"? THAT MEANS YOUR DICK IS TOO SMALL AND THERE'S AIR GETTING IN.

Freakin' idiot.
February 16th, 2005 04:06 PM
glencar Alcoholism seems to be their problem...
February 16th, 2005 04:15 PM
Riffhard Wow! Damn SheRat don't hold back or anything! I guess this is a big blow to the whole White Trash/Whiskey Tango rock genre.

The only positive thing I'll say about Kid Rock is that the guy genuinly loves the Stones and has hailed their legend many times in interviews. In fact,not trying to drop names here,I interviewed him and someone at my radio station clued him into the fact that I was a major Stones fan. He went out of his way to praise the Stones! Off air we talked all about Stones' boots,and he has them all,HG,Brussles,Leeds Lungs,Stew and Brew he named all the good ones including Hampton '81. So I gotta give credit where credit is due. Now his music? Well,that's a different story.

Riffhard
February 16th, 2005 04:17 PM
glencar As in most of your political opinions, once again you are 'spot on' riffhard!
February 16th, 2005 04:24 PM
Riffhard I thank you Blue! Likewise I'm sure!

Riffhard
February 16th, 2005 04:55 PM
parmeda He's a tiny little thing, isn't he Riffy?
I met Kid Rock last summer at Wrigley...he was very approachable and even had the patience to take a photo with my son.

I still think he's an ass though.
February 16th, 2005 05:02 PM
glencar Was he obviously plastered? Then again, at Wrigley, who ISN'T palstered?
[Edited by glencar]
February 16th, 2005 05:08 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:
He's a tiny little thing, isn't he Riffy?
I met Kid Rock last summer at Wrigley...he was very approachable and even had the patience to take a photo with my son.

I still think he's an ass though.

Yeah, Pammy he is a small little fuck. I thought he would have a beer gut,but was suprised at his lack of one. Funny thing is that Jagger is tiny too,but with a big head. Kid Rock is tiny with a tiny head to match. He was very nice to me and seemed just like any other beer swilling redneck. Very nice in a whiskey tango kinda way.

Riffhard
February 16th, 2005 05:13 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
Was he obviously plastered? Then again, at Wrigley, who ISN'T palstered?
[Edited by glencar]

Without a doubt!
He came into the bleachers (HUGE mistake) and blended in quite well with the regulars.

Do you know HOWE you can spot a regular?

He who has the largest stack of empty beer cups, yet continues to place a full one at the top only to proceed in partaking with the refreshments.

Kid was working on his "stack", lol
February 16th, 2005 05:13 PM
glencar See, smart posting like that will get me to be more openminded about Mr. Robert Rictchie aka Kid Rock.
February 16th, 2005 05:15 PM
glencar parmy, I've been to Wrigley several times although the last time was in the mid 90's/ That time, the crew behind us had some flasks & security came by & tried to throw them out. I forget what happened (!) but overall, Chicago rocks!
February 16th, 2005 05:19 PM
Cafe Hostess Jill
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Kid Rock's a pussy. When I went down, I was charged with felony vandalism, assault with a deadly weapon and threat crime with intent to terrorize.

Oh, yeah, and Mr. Rock? You say you "fuck so hard I make their pussy fart"? THAT MEANS YOUR DICK IS TOO SMALL AND THERE'S AIR GETTING IN.

Freakin' idiot.

SR, come to me

Kid Rock makes joey look hung like a fly

Call me
February 16th, 2005 05:49 PM
SheRat
quote:
crb69 wrote:
Unfortunately for all of the world today Kid Rock is the ONLY artist showing respect & gratitude to OUR Rock N' Roll legends of the past. He is the only rock artist in the mainstream that I know of who pays homage to the true talented legends of southern rock. He has a show coming up on A&E 2/20 @ 10pm that was filmed a few weeks ago with Dicky Betts, members of Lynyrd Skynyrd & ZZ Top.

Do me and every other Kid Rock fan a favor and check out his performance live before you bash the dude for making real music and paying tribute to the folks that gave us this great groove to begin with. The man is the real deal...trust me. i saw his show in the 11th row last year and the m'fu*ker blew me away. I always wondered how this guy made it up on the stage with legends & then I knew why.

Have you HEARD his LAME ASSED LYING TRIBUTE to Waylon on the Waylon CD?

I said it before, and I'll say it again, the Kenny Chesney and Kid Rock version of Luchenbach, Texas is AWFUL. It sounds like the freaking EAGLES. Also, they say IN THE SONG that they're in some studio in Detroit recording it at 4 in the morning, but when you look at the liner notes, it says Kid Rock's vocals were recorded in Burbank. I used to think Kid Rock was so stupid it was cute, but now I think he should be shot. How DARE he LIE like that for the Waylon tribute!!!! Fuckwit.

Listen, Junior. I've listened to enough Kid Rock to know the lyrics to his songs. I enjoy making fun of him and I tend to be educated about the shit I make fun of--it's hard to accurately mock something you know little about.

And he's a bright spot on the mocking music dudes horizon. Just cause he gives props doesn't mean he should get em.

Riffhard and Parmeda: how little is he? Does this explain his little pussy-farting problem?
February 16th, 2005 09:19 PM
corgi37 Just as i lament the fact my belove, Sheyl Crowe, is absolutely fucking ignored here, i must also salute my fellow Aussie brethren for failing to give Mr. Rock any success what so ever.

He is just so...

...punch-able. I mean, Joe Dirt - the movie. How bad did i want to invent a device that could transport me into the movie and kick his bony trailer trash bum (butt).

I would have invented such a device too. But, my beer was getting warm.
February 16th, 2005 09:44 PM
kath personally, i wanted him arrested years ago...just because he was such an asshole.
February 16th, 2005 10:32 PM
kath oh i think he's in GREAT company and i understand that he wouldn't be there if they didn't think he was worth their time.

but early on, as i said "years ago", he was an asshole.

i really liked him on the jerry lee, keith, willie show. he was great.

sheesh.....
February 17th, 2005 06:48 AM
F505 Why all these threads about this load of shit??????????
February 17th, 2005 11:22 AM
gimmekeef Too bad they didnt charge him with impersonating someone with real talent....
February 17th, 2005 11:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
crb69 wrote:
Hey, it's all good people! All fun & games right? To each his own I say...no hard feelings really...just keepin' it real here. Tired of reading about Kid Rock bashing on a "Stones" site that's all. Believe me, I never thought the day would come when I would stick up for a rap-rock star. The boy has a lot more goin' on than that...trust me. He's kinda like a UFO...you gotta see him to believe him!

Oh wow...the "Don't Knock Kid Rock" contingent. Your're right though crb69, too much Kid Rock bashing around here, the really poisonous venom should be saved for serious Macca bashing.

February 17th, 2005 03:05 PM
SheRat
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Oh wow...the "Don't Knock Kid Rock" contingent.

No shit. I'm not surprised to find that one of his fans is so quick to get his panties all in a wad.

Dude. crb189874987. Put some ice on your pussy and take a nap.

[Edited by SheRat]
February 17th, 2005 03:48 PM
Joey " Why all these threads about this load of shit??????????"

<------------- ****************** END TRANSMISSION ********************

Oh , little buddy ...... *** PHEW ***

Wipe Your Ass next time !

Burskee & Fritz !
February 17th, 2005 03:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Why all these threads about this load of shit??????????"

<------------- ****************** END TRANSMISSION ********************

Oh , little buddy ...... *** PHEW ***

Wipe Your Ass next time !

Burskee & Fritz !

February 17th, 2005 06:05 PM
SheRat Well, crb, since it was I you personally attacked, I'll say I accept your apology. And thank you for the laughs.

Regarding the matter at hand, as of last week, I am simply more peeved than entertained by Mr. Rock. I received my Waylon Tribute CDs for my birthday and found that Mr. Rock was lying in his song. If you'll read my original post again, you'll see that I was saying that he says in the song that they are recording at 4am in Detroit (he then goes on to actually say "If you're listening to this, you're listening to something real"), but then the liner notes say his vocals were recorded in Burbank, which is NOT Detriot, which means that his vocals on the track were NOT recorded in Detroit at 4am. Why lie? It's a Waylon tribute. As Waylon is like the Keith of country, it offends me that Mr. Rock pretended that the recording of the song went down any other way than it went down. Waylon was about authenticity. Not pretentious unpretentiousness. Plus, the version is just bad.

In any case, I can certainly identify with the mess of drunken posting. *I* myself was hungover yesterday from being plied with free shots until much too late at a show Tuesday night. I was merely being mouthy and amusing myself with a little friendly faux-dick contest between me and Mr. Rock concerning our respective criminal records. ;-)

As far as having to hear shit about performers you like, that's just life on these boards.

Ask an Eagles fan.

Patsy Stone rocks. Even though I drink Beam.
February 17th, 2005 06:08 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Patsy Stone rocks.

for sure

in fact i think she borrowed a few "riffs" from keith long before johnny depp
February 17th, 2005 06:23 PM
crb69 TRUCE! TRUCE!

the Eagles Rock! Joe Walsh is one of my favorite guitarists...

I can definitely relate to how you feel regarding Bob Richie's white lie & I'm sorry to hear that the song sucks. The guy can most certainly be an asshole but he has been very clever as to tap into a lot of different audiences. I don't think he will be going away anywhere for a while. I can see why people dislike him and his lyrics but I try to keep in mind that he is just reaching out to today's corrupt youth because he has to satisfy his younger fan base. Almost the same way that Mick always wanted to keep up with the mainstream sounds throughout the years by incorporating certain pop into the Stones' music. Like I mentioned earlier, to each his own!

Rock N' Roll Forever!
February 17th, 2005 06:37 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
crb69 wrote:
I can see why people dislike him and his lyrics but I try to keep in mind that he is just reaching out to today's corrupt youth because he has to satisfy his younger fan base. Almost the same way that Mick always wanted to keep up with the mainstream sounds throughout the years by incorporating certain pop into the Stones' music.

I thought the end justified the means.
February 18th, 2005 10:59 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
SheRat wrote:
Well, crb, since it was I you personally attacked, I'll say I accept your apology. And thank you for the laughs.

Regarding the matter at hand, as of last week, I am simply more peeved than entertained by Mr. Rock. I received my Waylon Tribute CDs for my birthday and found that Mr. Rock was lying in his song. If you'll read my original post again, you'll see that I was saying that he says in the song that they are recording at 4am in Detroit (he then goes on to actually say "If you're listening to this, you're listening to something real"), but then the liner notes say his vocals were recorded in Burbank, which is NOT Detriot, which means that his vocals on the track were NOT recorded in Detroit at 4am. Why lie? It's a Waylon tribute. As Waylon is like the Keith of country, it offends me that Mr. Rock pretended that the recording of the song went down any other way than it went down. Waylon was about authenticity. Not pretentious unpretentiousness. Plus, the version is just bad.

In any case, I can certainly identify with the mess of drunken posting. *I* myself was hungover yesterday from being plied with free shots until much too late at a show Tuesday night. I was merely being mouthy and amusing myself with a little friendly faux-dick contest between me and Mr. Rock concerning our respective criminal records. ;-)

As far as having to hear shit about performers you like, that's just life on these boards.

Ask an Eagles fan.

Patsy Stone rocks. Even though I drink Beam.

City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile
A rich old man
And she won't have to worry
She'll dress up all in lace and go in style

Late at night a big old house gets lonely
I guess ev'ry form of refuge has its price
And it breaks her heart to think her love is
Only given to a man with hands as cold as ice

So she tells him she must go out for the evening
To comfort an old friend who's feelin' down
But he knows where she's goin' as she's leavin'
She is headed for the cheatin' side of town

You can't hide your lyin' eyes
And your smile is a thin disguise
I thought by now you'd realize
There ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes

On the other side of town a boy is waiting
with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal
She drives on through the nice anticipating
'Cause he makes her feel the way she used to feel

She rushes to his arms,
They fall together
She whispers that it's only for awhile
She swears that soon she'll be comin' back forever
She pulls away and leaves him with a smile

You can't hide your lyin' eyes
There ain't no way to hide you lyin' eyes

She gets up and pours herself a strong one
And stares out at the stars up in the sky
Another night, it's gonna be a long one
She draws the shade and hangs her head to cry

She wonders how it ever got this crazy
She thinks about a boy she knew in school
Did she get tired or did she just get lazy?
She's so far gone she feels just like a fool

My, oh my, you sure know how to arrange things
You set it up so well, so carefully
Ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things
You're still the same old girl you used to be

You can't hide your lyin eyes
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
There ain't no way to hide your lyin' eyes
Honey, you can't hide your lyin' eyes

February 18th, 2005 02:40 PM
glencar I used to despise Kid Rock but seeing how he gets uptight bitches even more nasty, I think I'll start liking him. But even the music Nazis' distaste of the Iggles won't get me to their dark side.
February 18th, 2005 06:12 PM
crb69 "Life's been good to me so far, hope it's been kind to you. Stand strong in the storms of life, the sun will always shine on youuuuuuuuu. Get you a guitar and a good song, that's all you really need to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

---Kid Rock, Rock N' Roll Pain Train

[Edited by crb69]
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood