ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New album Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 14th, 2005 02:30 PM
Pibestone_79 Do anybodey know in wht date is going to be the new album?
February 14th, 2005 02:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Pibestone_79 wrote:
Do anybodey know in wht date is going to be the new album?

the stones camp has not set a date for release yet, but the latest rumors have the release date in Early October
February 14th, 2005 08:56 PM
corgi37 What year?

hahhahaha-fucking-ha.
February 14th, 2005 09:01 PM
Soldatti rumors are talking about late August now.
February 14th, 2005 10:58 PM
lsendic they rumors are that probably in october
February 15th, 2005 07:03 AM
F505 stop this thread
February 15th, 2005 07:15 AM
LadyJane And the answer is.......WHEN IT'S DONE

I think we should toss the crystal balls and just TRY and be patient.

LJ.
February 15th, 2005 07:58 AM
Pierre I only hope a good rock'n roll album, no ballads, no more additional musicians, and if possible an inspired Ronnie (dream)
February 15th, 2005 08:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Pierre wrote:
I only hope a good rock'n roll album, no ballads, no more additional musicians, and if possible an inspired Ronnie (dream)

At this point it's not Ronnie's inspiration I'm more worried about, but Keith's.
February 15th, 2005 08:31 AM
Pierre Not wrong...
February 15th, 2005 08:43 AM
gimmekeef I heard a rumour that there will be more rumours very soon about the rumoured release date.....Anyone have any more rumours?
February 15th, 2005 08:46 AM
Gazza it's only a rumour...
February 15th, 2005 08:48 AM
Gazza we should have a contest to guess the release date
February 15th, 2005 08:51 AM
F505 Is it true there will be a new album? Does someone knows when it's gonna be released?
February 15th, 2005 09:03 AM
Fiji Joe Came out yesterday...It rocks!
February 15th, 2005 09:12 AM
F505
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Came out yesterday...It rocks!

Please give us more info.
February 15th, 2005 09:40 AM
gimmekeef Its actually a complete cover version of the Fleetwood Mac classic album "Rumours".....But it wont sell as many I'm afraid...But Keith does a mean version of Rhiannon!
February 15th, 2005 09:56 AM
Pierre Sorry, got only the atwork

February 15th, 2005 09:57 AM
F505 It's the best artwork since Tattoo You
February 15th, 2005 11:10 AM
Bloozehound that's a great shot of Mick on the cover, right Ian?
February 15th, 2005 11:14 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Its actually a complete cover version of the Fleetwood Mac classic album "Rumours".....But it wont sell as many I'm afraid...But Keith does a mean version of Rhiannon!

The new album is called "Forty Licks" remastered
February 15th, 2005 07:10 PM
KeithRichardsgrl I hope it comes soon
February 15th, 2005 08:00 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
we should have a contest to guess the release date

Excellent idea Gazza. The person closest to the official US release date will win. Not to be totaly pro-USA or anything but that is usually what folks go by. Only thing is sometimes other countries get a different release date. At most one week later or before.

Ian
February 15th, 2005 08:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Its actually a complete cover version of the Fleetwood Mac classic album "Rumours".....But it wont sell as many I'm afraid...But Keith does a mean version of Rhiannon!

"Rhiannon" was on the "Fleetwood Mac" album, surely?

I presume you're referring to that great reggae cover he did of "Gold Dust Woman"
February 15th, 2005 09:09 PM
corgi37 Yeah, a release date comp. Cool idea. And, yes i agree, go off the Yank release date.

I got for Oct 5th.
February 15th, 2005 11:20 PM
stonedinaustralia competition is a great idea -

should devote a thread to it - but if everybody puts in their entries straight away by the time the thing is released the thread will be so far back in the archives you'll need a miner's helmet to find it

or else sticky it at the top of the list where it may well sit for god only knows how long actually god (if in fact heshe/it does exist) does know - good thing then that he/she/it doesn't post here otherwise no contest

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 15th, 2005 11:28 PM
IanBillen Bloozehound,

Reffering to Pierre's Picture of the new album cover:
Any idiot would know what that is a picture of.
And to think you didn't even know it was
Area 51. Geez.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
February 15th, 2005 11:35 PM
IanBillen [quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:
competition is a great idea -

should devote a thread to it - but if everybody puts in their entries straight away by the time the thing is released the thread will be so far back in the archives you'll need a miner's helmet to find it

or else sticky it at the top of the list where it may well sit for god only knows how long actually god (if in fact heshe/it does exist) does know - good thing then that he/she/it doesn't post here otherwise no contest

Yes very good points,
Gazza hasn't responded yet so I am not so sure he's still hot on the idea. However he wouldn't of come up with such a proposal if he wasn't serious based on his personality type. I thought it would be really fun. Come on Gazza, can we have a picnic?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
February 16th, 2005 05:32 AM
Gazza I did post that as a bit of a joke, but dont see why not. I'm sure we could do some kind of "pool". It might shut some of us up!

The US release date is the day after most of the rest of the world (including Europe) so thats fine by me
February 19th, 2005 12:19 PM
JaggerLips My bet is 20th June you see I had a word with Charlie (Watts) and he said to me that it will be released whenever you want it. I told him on 20th June because it's my birthday.

20th June can't be a bad day to release the album!

(Please note the intended sarcasm)
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood