ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC Familiy Jewels DVD contents Return to archive
February 14th, 2005 08:25 AM
Pierre Here :

http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2946

Great French AC/DC site !
February 14th, 2005 12:00 PM
Monkeytonkman Don't look too bad,

doesn't look like there's much in the way of interviews, bonus features and the like. never mind though new album this year! Groovy these boys ROCK and it's been said, blew the Stones off stage a couple of times when they supported them on the last tour!

1. Baby, Please Don't Go
2. Show Business
3. High Voltage
4. It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)
5. T.N.T.
6. Jailbreak
7. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
8. Dog Eat Dog
9. Let There Be Rock
10. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
11. Sin City
12. Riff Raff
13. Fling Thing
13. Fling Thing/Rocker
13. Rocker
14. Whole Lotta Rosie
15. Shot Down In Flames
16. Walk All Over You
17. Touch Too Much
18. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
19. Girls Got Rhythm
20. Highway To Hell

DVD 2
1. Hells Bells
2. Back In Black
3. What Do You Do For Money Honey
4. Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
5. Let's Get It Up
6. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
7. Flick Of The Switch
8. Nervous Shakedown
9. Fly On The Wall
10. Danger
11. Sink The Pink
12. Stand Up
13. Shake Your Foundations
14. Who Made Who
15. You Shook Me All Night Long
16. Heatseeker
17. That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'N' Roll
18. Thunderstruck
19. Moneytalks
20. Are You Ready
February 14th, 2005 09:06 PM
Soldatti The tracklist is impressive. I will buy this, that's sure.
February 14th, 2005 10:50 PM
rogerriffin wow, This year we will Rock and roll!!!

New Stones album/tour and new AC/DC dual disc (back in black), New Family Jewels DVD, hope the release new album and tour tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

We need save much money, that is true.
February 16th, 2005 02:17 AM
padre A real treat to us AC/DC fans. And since Angus is very strict on the quality of bands releases (so I've heard), I'm sure it will look and sound terriffic!
But when will The Stones do the same kind of definitive promo DVD-boxset?
February 16th, 2005 06:11 PM
rogerriffin this aren`t a definitive promo clip boxset, no contains ballbreaker ans stiff upper lip video clips.

The stones i think never due out a promo clip boxset, i think will be the copyrights owner in 10 or 20 years... now we only can join a bootleg compilation of promo clips that have 5 dvd, since 1966 to 2002, and solo promos of each stone, and miscelaneus videos, but only have in bootleg dvd-r.
February 17th, 2005 01:34 PM
Honky Tonker I wish "The Jack" was on there.
February 18th, 2005 08:39 AM
padre
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
... now we only can join a bootleg compilation of promo clips that have 5 dvd, since 1966 to 2002, and solo promos of each stone, and miscelaneus videos, but only have in bootleg dvd-r.

Have you seen that set? Is it worth having (qualitywise...)and where can I get it?
February 19th, 2005 04:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 25 years on, AC/DC fans recall how wild rocker met his end

Richard Jinman
Saturday February 19, 2005
The Guardian

As rock pilgrimages go, the journey to the block of flats at 67 Overhill Road is uninspiring. Set on a steep hill in a bleakly nondescript corner of East Dulwich, south London, it seems an unlikely setting for the death of a legend.

It was here, 25 years ago today, that Bon Scott, the bourbon-swilling leader of the hard rock band AC/DC, met his end. Left in a car outside the flats to sleep off the effects of a night of partying, his body was discovered curled around the gearstick on the evening of February 19, 1980. The coroner's report cited acute alcohol poisoning.

It was the end of the road for the 33-year old Australian hellraiser who wrote the lyrics to pivotal AC/DC songs including Highway to Hell, Jailbreak and It's A Long Way to the Top (if you wanna rock'n'roll). A man who consumed industrial quantities of alcohol, but still managed to hoist the lead guitarist, Angus Young, on to his shoulders and belt out his anthems to "booze, sex and rock'n'roll".

AC/DC survived Scott's death. They recruited a new singer, Brian Johnson, recorded the groundbreaking Back in Black album and went on to sell more than 80m records.

But they have never forgotten their singer, lyricist, dysfunctional father figure and the role model for every tattooed, bare-chested rock wildman.

Asked for his thoughts, the AC/DC founder, Malcolm Young, released a short statement this week. "Bon has already become part of rock folklore. Ride on Bon."

Geoff Barton, the editor-at-large at Classic Rock magazine, describes Scott as an "exceptional talent - a superb lyricist who captured a fist-fighting, bar-room feeling, but very poetically".

"He was like the guy next door in a lot of respects," said Barton, whose magazine put the singer at the top of a list of the 100 greatest rock frontmen last year. "But he could make a pub feel like an arena and an arena feel like a pub."

It is unlikely today's anniversary will draw crowds to Overhill Road. The only signs that No 67 is one of rock's holy sites are the signatures of fans scratched into a small metal plate at the front of the building.

But in Australia, where Scott grew up after his family emigrated from Scotland in 1952, his memory is still cherished. A movie, Thunderstruck, was released last year about a group of young men who travel across Australia to bury a friend's remains next to Scott's gravestone in Perth.

A pipe band will march to the gravestone today to mark the 25th anniversary. And AC/DC tribute bands from Spain to Sydney are gearing up for commemorative concerts.

When compared with the mysterious deaths of the Doors frontman, Jim Morrison, and the Rolling Stones 's Brian Jones, Scott's death can be seen as a straightforward case of misadventure. He was a hard drinker who embraced the rock'n'roll lifestyle. As Clinton Walker, the Australian author of Highway to Hell - The Life and Times of AC/DC Legend Bon Scott puts it: "A lot of people thought it was remarkable he lived as long as he did."

But there is an element of mystery surrounding his death. Alasdair Kinnear, the friend who left him in his car that night and discovered the body some 14 hours later, has disappeared. Walker believes he never existed. "No one spoke to him before or after the event. He just doesn't seem to exist."

Walker believes Kinnear was a name adopted by one of Scott's associates who did not want to be identified.

The mystery does not end there. Barton says a couple of musicians claim to have been informed of Scott's death hours before Kinnear was reported to have discovered the body. "It's a tangled web that I struggle to understand to this day."

Whatever the truth about his death, Scott made an indelible mark on rock. "He embodied a peculiarly Australian spirit and character," says Walker. "He was a larrikin - a wild-eyed kid who somehow got let loose in the lolly shop."

February 19th, 2005 10:17 AM
rogerriffin padre, i have this 5dvd set of promo clip since 1966-2002, i got from shidoobee trees, i can´t burn dvds i will glad help you to get, so i invite you to ask for 5dvd set in shidoobee, i´m sure anyone will share with you.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood