ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
Đ Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sticky Fingers Journal -- Tour 2005 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 14th, 2005 05:37 PM
glencar Turns out he lost his mojo.
February 14th, 2005 05:38 PM
JOHNNYSTONED i always liked sfj- it was one of the first of its kind- a true trailblazer on rolling stones information and gatherings on the net. i never had a problem with them as far as posting but i never caused any either...it is great
to see so many sites NOW dedicated to the stones and i try and read them all but i still have a soft spot for one of the true originals. it is funny how people get so worked up
and annoyed over reporting on a rock and roll band that doesnt know or care if they exist. who really gives a damn about who wrote what first etc. i find boards a lot like everyday life- there is immaturity and jealousy over things that dont really matter. what i liked about sfj is that it is exclusively about the stones. i believe in freedom and have no problem with it but i have to go through 5 threads or more sometimes to find anything intelligent being written
here.
February 14th, 2005 05:40 PM
SirMuddy Skippy send me two bootlegs for free about 2-years ago,
(Dallas 72 & Paris 76)
Cuz I found him a lost SFJ # by email.
didn't know more about the Undercover/sfj battle...
Nice guy and nice boots too!
Light on!
February 14th, 2005 05:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
check yer PM in a few seconds! And please don't post what I say!

Christ on a bike!
February 14th, 2005 05:41 PM
glencar Seeing as how your post is barely literate, I'm curious how you wind your way through so many threads before finding intelligence. Maybe it's that blind squirrel/broken clock theory?
February 14th, 2005 05:42 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Christ on a bike!

LOL Funny, eh?
February 14th, 2005 05:42 PM
kath skippy runs that board like a fuckin' naz_ (oops, perhaps that's too strong a word)power monger. i am very surprised anybody is still on it.
February 14th, 2005 05:44 PM
glencar When I checked it out, 51, it ahd hardly any posts on it. Dead as a duck.
February 14th, 2005 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
JOHNNYSTONED wrote:
i always liked sfj- it was one of the first of its kind- a true trailblazer on rolling stones information and gatherings on the net. i never had a problem with them as far as posting but i never caused any either...it is great
to see so many sites NOW dedicated to the stones and i try and read them all but i still have a soft spot for one of the true originals. it is funny how people get so worked up
and annoyed over reporting on a rock and roll band that doesnt know or care if they exist. who really gives a damn about who wrote what first etc. i find boards a lot like everyday life- there is immaturity and jealousy over things that dont really matter. what i liked about sfj is that it is exclusively about the stones. i believe in freedom and have no problem with it but i have to go through 5 threads or more sometimes to find anything intelligent being written
here.

Thats the difference. I wont kick you off for saying that. LOL

seriously - thats no problem - people find different boards and sites (in many cases more than one) that suit their needs and there's room for everyone IMO

Think you misunderstood me over the "who wrote what first" thing. personally, its no big deal to me, but its good netiquette that if you're going to use a piece that someone else either wrote or took the trouble to find, then its basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Editing posts to a journal to remove a credit or link to another site is infantile in the extreme
February 14th, 2005 09:16 PM
Soldatti This post apeared here on Feb. 24, 2002:

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board: Breaking News from SFJ - New Album !

yellow1

Posted 02-24-02 10:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Plans for a double-CD greatest hits package spanning the Rolling Stones fourty year history is due out early Summer.

Material from the 1970's to present was reviewed by the Stones and company. However, various sources report that there will be no Rolling Stones box set this year. Sources say that Keith and Mick are together in Jamaca writing
new material. Along with new material and vintage outtakes there are plans for a "new" Stones album in time for the upcoming tour. Perhaps another "Tattoo You".

Rehearsals are said to take place this Summer in Toronto.

The 2002 tour is slated to kick-off in Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, September 5th.

A special Rolling Stones fan essay contest is said to take place for tickets to a fans-only special club-gig!"

by Skippy

A good source for me...
February 14th, 2005 09:44 PM
Gazza why?

Three Stones albums in 2002? (Greatest hits, studio album AND outtakes??)

Hopelessly optimistic there!

Good info on some of the other stuff though, with the start date of the tour only being two days out (I wouldnt pay much attention to not getting the right city as those things are always subject to change, like 1989 was)

Whatever happened the essay competition? Nerdy or what?

I'll say nothing about the private fan club show. I wonder how many signed up on the strength of THAT teaser!

Bottom line is that 7-8 months in advance of a tour/album, a lot of things are in the pipeline and some of them WILL eventually take place and others won't. I suppose it's easy to cherrypick after the event to see which of the "inside info" for each story was true and which wasn't
February 14th, 2005 10:06 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 Do you think they will repeat what they did in on the last tours?
February 14th, 2005 10:13 PM
Soldatti At least half of that old rumor was true.
February 14th, 2005 10:23 PM
CS Soldatti, please read again your very own post:

"Plans for a double-CD greatest hits package spanning the Rolling Stones fourty year history is due out early Summer. Material from the 1970's to present was reviewed by the Stones and company."

HALF TRUTH, IT WAS FROM THE 60S TO PRESENT

"Sources say that Keith and Mick are together in Jamaca writing new material. "

FALSE. THE SESSIONS WERE HELD IN PARIS NOT IN JAMAICA

"Along with new material and vintage outtakes there are plans for a "new" Stones album in time for the upcoming tour. Perhaps another "Tattoo You".

FALSE, NO VINTAGE OUTTAKES JUST GREATEST HITS WITH 4 NEW TRACKS RECORDED IN PARIS

"Rehearsals are said to take place this Summer in Toronto."

OLD NEWS BACK THEN SEE http://www.iorr.org/news0207.htm AND THE ROCKS OFF ARCHIVES

"The 2002 tour is slated to kick-off in Philadelphia's Veterans Stadium, September 5th."

FALSE

"A special Rolling Stones fan essay contest is said to take place for tickets to a fans-only special club-gig!"

FALSE

"by Skippy"

NOT SURE
February 14th, 2005 10:45 PM
Soldatti Ok, 50/50.
True
- The Greatest hits
- The rehearsals

Half true
- The tour start (only 2 days difference and the venue is another story, they can change that 2 months before inclusive)
- The box set was on the air on 2001 too, even Billboard published an article about it on October 2001 and Ronnie did something with outtakes back then too.

False
All the other stuff

If this time is the same we have the album, the rehearsals and a notion of the probable start of the tour too.
I don't know if this is true or bullshit, but we can see a good point here: Ian will sleep good for a week or two!
February 14th, 2005 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I want to make emphasis in the "positives" of SFJ

1.- As far as I know it's the second oldest Rolling Stones community on the net, the oldest is The Undercover List created in 1992 and active since then. I know the guys who run it and I'm a member since 1997.

2.- They gave us support when we with Gerry Seda made those two-days webcasts for Brian Jones. Thanks Skippy!

3.- It's another free place from fans to fans.

So regardless of the negatives (which I don't want to mention, some of them already mentioned some not) they deserve respect from all of us

But I just want to add that I don't see anything new in those news.
February 14th, 2005 10:59 PM
rogerriffin bread with same, till donīt see donīt believe, about the stones always rumours for fool fans, not for full hard die fans.
February 15th, 2005 03:32 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thats the difference. I wont kick you off for saying that. LOL

seriously - thats no problem - people find different boards and sites (in many cases more than one) that suit their needs and there's room for everyone IMO

Think you misunderstood me over the "who wrote what first" thing. personally, its no big deal to me, but its good netiquette that if you're going to use a piece that someone else either wrote or took the trouble to find, then its basic courtesy to acknowledge it. Editing posts to a journal to remove a credit or link to another site is infantile in the extreme

I agree. Every time I see something on another board I always state that is where I found it. I never mention the boards name but I always let it be known I did not come up
with the info. and I found it somewhere eles.

Editing a post you found somewhere on the internet and posting it somewhere eles as your own is bullshit.
I think that procedure tells you something about the persons character who does things as that.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 15th, 2005 03:40 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Ok, 50/50.
True
- The Greatest hits
- The rehearsals

Half true
- The tour start (only 2 days difference and the venue is another story, they can change that 2 months before inclusive)
- The box set was on the air on 2001 too, even Billboard published an article about it on October 2001 and Ronnie did something with outtakes back then too.

False
All the other stuff

If this time is the same we have the album, the rehearsals and a notion of the probable start of the tour too.
I don't know if this is true or bullshit, but we can see a good point here: Ian will sleep good for a week or two!

Ha Ha. Ok now about what skippy said. If rehearsals are in June as now Skippy, Stonesdoug (says he spoke with Blondie and Bernard last month and they said rehearsels start in June)and as someone eles said before as well....when will they record? There is no recording time for a late August-September tour in this time frame if rehearsels start in June unless they are there doing it right now....or, well, you know how I feel about the other option.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
February 15th, 2005 08:23 AM
luxury1 So, what is he anyway? Some kind of journalist? I heard he gets in to the press conferences, etc.

And Fred Norris aka StrayCat posts over there. Is he the same Fred as in the Howard Stern Show?

I am so ignorant....
February 15th, 2005 08:30 AM
Nellcote I find some positives to the items rec'd within SFJ.
I've located several folks to trade with there.
As far as the news, yeah, I got all juiced up and sloppy over it.
Again, seeing that there is news that something is moving forward is great enough for me.
So, thanks Lux for getting the word out.
Sitting on the sidelines about this is 1/2 the fun.
Ian, take your meds and calm down will you?
February 15th, 2005 09:33 AM
Snappy McJack I suggest any topic related to an album or tour that is not official be locked!

If there can't be anymore "Jew Lists" or "Congrats" threads -- heave ho! No mo' tour/album threads that are not from the Horse's Ass!
February 15th, 2005 03:24 PM
luxury1 Oh shit, Nelly--was Ian referring to me about posting things from another thread?? I guess I really am ignorant. I just thought I'd pass along some info from SFJ. Everybody's got their panties in a wad now.

I'm with you, Nellcote. I got a little excited when I read it. It IS half the fun, I agree. Arent you glad you dont have to live with all these negative posters who over analyze everything????????????? Christ, I dont even think they like the Stones.
February 15th, 2005 05:30 PM
glencar Luxy, I think Ian was referring to those who post from otehr boards with giving credit. You have nothing to fear as far as his wrath (!) since you quite properly credited SFJ which then the rest of us promptly DIScredited. I hope this helps clear everything up!
February 15th, 2005 10:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Ha Ha. Ok now about what skippy said. If rehearsals are in June as now Skippy, Stonesdoug (says he spoke with Blondie and Bernard last month and they said rehearsels start in June)and as someone eles said before as well....when will they record? There is no recording time for a late August-September tour in this time frame if rehearsels start in June unless they are there doing it right now....or, well, you know how I feel about the other option.

Ian

They can be recording now.
February 15th, 2005 11:45 PM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Calm down luxury. No I had no idea about you're posting and I didn't aim that at anyone from the board. It is not a question of posting something from somewwhere eles. If you posted what you saw from Skippy on SFJ. Please keep doing it so we are informed. I would of immediately did the same thing. Like Glencar said, there is nothing wrong with what you did at all. It was all good. I just don't like when people take something from one site and post it and lable it as their own on another site. I have never seen anyone do that from here.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
February 15th, 2005 11:50 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Yeah, but if I agree Gazza will get all shitty. ( lol :c) )

Ian
February 16th, 2005 05:02 AM
Gazza They could be indeed.

Cheeky little shit
February 16th, 2005 05:18 AM
luxury1 Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Mick has skulked back to the studio with the Stones, now that his Oscar dream has slipped away.
February 16th, 2005 12:38 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

They can be farting now.
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood