ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sticky Fingers Journal -- Tour 2005 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 13th, 2005 06:46 PM
luxury1 I just got an email from SKippy at StickyFIngersJournal, saying the new album will be out late summer, with tour starting possibly in late August, announced at a press conference this June in NYC> also, he reports mostly arena gigs, with a few surprise club shows.
ANyone else hear this??
February 13th, 2005 07:04 PM
glencar Geez, I haven't subscribed to that in a dog's age. Skippy always had good info so I'd believe this awesome news.
February 13th, 2005 07:14 PM
Bob Tamp I got the e-mail too. It's funny how the new cd is described as "back to basics reminiscent of Out of Our Heads"

I don't know how reliable this Skippy is. I hope he has valid inside sources or is this just the usual prehype bullshit we have been hearing since every new studio album since Dirty Work. When I finally hear the thing, then I will decide. LOL
February 13th, 2005 07:54 PM
Gazza Agree with Skippy being usually a good info source in the past. How "in the loop" he still is these days, I'm not sure.

I'd take the 'out of our heads' line with a huge grain of salt, though as he wouldnt have heard anything first hand and that kind of blurb sounds more like what some people HOPE it'll sound like.
February 13th, 2005 09:03 PM
Madafaka We have to wait...
February 13th, 2005 09:08 PM
Soldatti Maybe they will tour with a re-issue of Out Of Our Heads...
February 13th, 2005 09:22 PM
corgi37 Hope its in stereo!

Though, to save money, nothing would surprise me.
February 13th, 2005 09:30 PM
BILL PERKS BEST STONES YET
February 14th, 2005 02:33 AM
beer
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
the new cd is described as "back to basics reminiscent of Out of Our Heads"

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! right.

-
February 14th, 2005 12:37 PM
glencar Now my sources tell me Skippy has burned some bridges & isn't possibly as in the loop as I had thought. Crappers!
February 14th, 2005 12:42 PM
kath i can't believe sticky fingers journal is still around...VERRRY uptight list.....
February 14th, 2005 12:43 PM
glencar Someone was telling me he tried crap with other lists & boards. Not cool at all!
February 14th, 2005 12:45 PM
kath oh honnaaayyy...ask about the "skippy vs tony/undercover wars"......

very nasty.
February 14th, 2005 12:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
oh honnaaayyy...ask about the "skippy vs tony/undercover wars"......

very nasty.

Please elaborate? I will forward the response to Josh
February 14th, 2005 12:50 PM
glencar I remember part of that, I think. I went to Vegas in 1997 & even then there was an undercurrent of bad feeling. SFJ always had a way of kicking out anyone with a bad thing to say about the RS.
February 14th, 2005 12:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Agree with Skippy being usually a good info source in the past. How "in the loop" he still is these days, I'm not sure.

I'd take the 'out of our heads' line with a huge grain of salt, though as he wouldnt have heard anything first hand and that kind of blurb sounds more like what some people HOPE it'll sound like.

When was the last time that a new stones album was released that wasnt "said to have sounded like the stones of old, truly back to basics"? I have heard this about all releases since Some Girls with Voodoo Lounge being the one that truly stands up to that reputation.
February 14th, 2005 01:12 PM
kath well, the way i heard it, (this was a long time ago) for some reason skippy was upset with tony on UC. skippy informed tony's boss that tony was spending a lot of time online on UC, and i think tony either lost his job or got a severe reprimand. anyway, it was verrry ugly, and the wars went on for several years. i always thought SFJ was a shitty list anyway, very "gleaned" and censored. but that's just my opinion, and as we all know they're like assholes...we all have 'em. i do know there was very bad blood between UC folks and SFJ folks for a long time.
February 14th, 2005 01:15 PM
glencar Kath, I don't know about yer asshole but your opinion sounds good. I heard that he attacked people because of jealousy over their lists. I stopped subscribing after that.
February 14th, 2005 01:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
well, the way i heard it, (this was a long time ago) for some reason skippy was upset with tony on UC. skippy informed tony's boss that tony was spending a lot of time online on UC, and i think tony either lost his job or got a severe reprimand. anyway, it was verrry ugly, and the wars went on for several years. i always thought SFJ was a shitty list anyway, very "gleaned" and censored. but that's just my opinion, and as we all know they're like assholes...we all have 'em. i do know there was very bad blood between UC folks and SFJ folks for a long time.

wow! what a story. I wasnt "in the loop" at this point and had no idea. I only knew of the war between the boards that was going on last year. It is nice to have multiple boards with different personalities. For solid info and good friends, I like the other board we frequent, but for fun, solid info, good friends, and a little more tolerance, i think this board is great and truly enjoy it here! Even those who despise eachother here find a way to co-exist (well until recently at least) and make what could be awkward conversations entertaining!
February 14th, 2005 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Kath, I don't know about yer asshole but your opinion sounds good. I heard that he attacked people because of jealousy over their lists. I stopped subscribing after that.

I stopped subscribing in '99 after he persisted in copying and pasting articles that he'd got from this site (and others) regarding Stones news and made it look like he'd unearthed it himself. Every time I posted a new story and credited the board from where it came, he would delete the credit. His netiquette for a webmaster is appalling. I basically told him to stick his journal up his ass.

Unfortunately, he's one of those over competitive twats who is so full of himself he cant deal with the fact that there are other sites on the 'net that cater for Stones fans too. I don't know why this is, I dont see that on other music sites I go to, it seems to be a phenomenon on some Stones sites (I make an exception for the likes of IORR and Shidoobee, of course)
February 14th, 2005 02:59 PM
glencar LOL I wasn't sure how much I should say but you had more info than I had. I viewed an SFJ today & they aren't as packed as they used to be.
February 14th, 2005 03:07 PM
Snappy McJack Just go by this:

State of the Union

(January, 2005) -- All indications point to a strong and healthy year for the Stones. If they follow their time-tested agenda (which they are on track to do), they'll begin rehearsing this summer for a tour that'd launch around Labor Day. By now, you know the drill: Start in America and then, in 2006, move Down Under and to the Far East and to Europe, yada yada yada.

The U.S. tour would coincide with the release of a brand new Stones disc, for which initial recording has already begun. Mick, Keith, and Charlie gathered at Mick's house in France for two weeks in November and it bore fruit. (Woody wasn't there, but he's since popped in for a listen.) The whole band will regroup soon to continue the sessions, and the final mixing could take place on one of the American coasts.

Obviously, nothing's etched in stone when it comes to the Stones, but things are looking good for a busy year or two. {...}

- From Beggars Banquet Online
February 14th, 2005 03:08 PM
FPM C10 About Skippy: He's an expert on "fance" music too! I heard the new album will be like a fance version of December's Children!

He IS uptight to a ridiculous degree. While I was subscribing, during the B2B tour, I saw an article in Time magazine about Rock Stars marrying Supermodels. It included this line: "If rock stars and supermodels go together like peanut butter and jelly, then Mick Jagger is Skippy." (note for international Rocks Offers: this refers to a US brand of peanut butter of that name)Anyway, I posted on his silly list, saying "NOW I know how you get your inside information! Your secret is out and can be found on page 67 of the new issue of Time."

And I was unsubbed for THAT!!!!!

Those email lists are way too much trouble anyway.
[Edited by FPM C10]
February 14th, 2005 03:36 PM
glencar Wow. Although the Storm was a total dickwad, he got banned after dissing Mick too much. I met Skippy & he seemed like a nice guy but I guess the power got to him.
February 14th, 2005 04:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow. Although the Storm was a total dickwad, he got banned after dissing Mick too much. I met Skippy & he seemed like a nice guy but I guess the power got to him.

I have never met him, but i trust in what glencar says.
February 14th, 2005 04:07 PM
glencar I could add other stuff but I'm not sure what the libel law for message board is!
[Edited by glencar]
February 14th, 2005 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I could add other stuff but I'm not sure what the libel law for message board is!
[Edited by glencar]

This is all news to me! as far as libel, we could ask one of our resident lawyers...oh wait he is in Boca refusing to post!
February 14th, 2005 04:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I could add other stuff but I'm not sure what the libel law for message board is!
[Edited by glencar]

post and be damned!
February 14th, 2005 05:08 PM
glencar check yer PM in a few seconds! And please don't post what I say!
February 14th, 2005 05:18 PM
Poplar
I havn't heard of SFJ in ages. I used to post there when i was in college. peeps seemed to be in-the-know back then.
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood