ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Top Five Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Songs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 16th, 2005 09:40 AM
Joey

<------------Snappy ..................

Did you get in on Bob's generous " Four Reels , WHO , Houston '75 DVD " offer ?!?!?!

Outstanding ! ..... A MUST !!!!

February 16th, 2005 05:28 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
SIA - I saw that doco too. It's been on a few times. Odd how when the Monkees did their own stuff, they died quick time! I actually have a a soft spot for them. I grew up with that tv show. I recall very vividly "HEAD" being shown on Melbourne t.v. (introduced by the late, great Ivan Henderson!) about the time Tommy came out (75?).

I really dug it, then saw it again last year.

What an utter piece of crap!! hahahaahahha.

P.S. I was only kidding in my top 5 (der) but for some odd reason, i really, really adore Love will find a way.

hey corgi - i'm hip to your humour man

and in terms of "pop" as opposed to "rock and roll" i agree with you re the monkees - i too grew up with the TV show and many of those tunes have stood the test of time

i'm a believer

last train to clarksville

daydream believer

all great examples of pure "pop"

and your right, "head" is a farago of drug addled nonsense which can't decide if oit wants to be "whacky" or "far out" or "heavy" MAN - an american attempt to reproduce the very british humour of the beatles films which just didn't work - although the tv show - which attempted the same thing - did work to a degree - "head" was just too "clever" or "hip" for it's own good
February 16th, 2005 05:35 PM
telecaster
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

hey corgi - i'm hip to your humour man

and in terms of "pop" as opposed to "rock and roll" i agree with you re the monkees - i too grew up with the TV show and many of those tunes have stood the test of time

i'm a believer

last train to clarksville

daydream believer

all great examples of pure "pop"

and your right, "head" is a farago of drug addled nonsense which can't decide if oit wants to be "whacky" or "far out" or "heavy" MAN - an american attempt to reproduce the very british humour of the beatles films which just didn't work - although the tv show - which attempted the same thing - did work to a degree - "head" was just too "clever" or "hip" for it's own good

May I recommend you all go to www.maxlugar.com and click
on "Brush With Greatness"

One of the posters here had a run in with Mr. Monkey Man

I always enjoyed Aussies own "Air Supply"

February 16th, 2005 05:41 PM
glencar I'm all out of love...
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood