ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Top Five Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Songs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 14th, 2005 05:01 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash
Freebird
Won't Get Fooled Again
Layla
Stairway To Heaven

Jumping Jack Flash
Won't Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Love Reign O'er Me
Layla
It's Hard
February 14th, 2005 05:06 PM
glencar That's six, evil jacky!
February 14th, 2005 05:13 PM
glencar If you go to any Macca shows, I too will make the transition. I hate that botoxed fruit!
[Edited by glencar]
February 14th, 2005 05:24 PM
glencar Cuz he sux!
February 14th, 2005 05:25 PM
glencar Didn't 6 years of crossing swords with Joshy teach you ANYTHING?
February 14th, 2005 05:27 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't 6 years of crossing swords with Joshy teach you ANYTHING?

February 14th, 2005 05:35 PM
glencar You always get the wrong lessons right.
February 14th, 2005 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You always get the wrong lessons right.

February 14th, 2005 05:48 PM
glencar Rip This Joint rocks!
February 14th, 2005 05:52 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rip This Joint rocks!

Rip This Joint
Gimme Shelter
Beast of Burden
Satisfaction
Rocks Off
February 14th, 2005 05:54 PM
glencar Reminds me of Temple.
February 14th, 2005 06:27 PM
Jumping Jack Joey,

Did you get Houston 75 yet?

Your list may well change.

Can't Explain
I'm Free
5:15
Young Man Blues
Summertime Blues
Won't Get Fooled Again
February 14th, 2005 08:17 PM
rolling who
quote:
Joey wrote:

Jumping Jack Flash
Won't Get Fooled Again
Who Are You
Love Reign O'er Me
Layla
It's Hard

"It's Hard"? "Any tough can fight, few can win?" C'mon, that's not classic Who (though I've always liked "Athena" and the Ox-written "It's Your Turn").

February 14th, 2005 08:49 PM
corgi37 In terms of "youthful rebellion", i'd put My Generation ahead of Satisfaction.

Looking at it objectively, here's my top 5.

1. Sugar Sugar - Countered the subversive, drug addled, left leaning pro-commie, long haired movement with timeless pop.
2. Love will find a way - Pablo Cruise defiantly wore buttoned down to the waist floral patterned silk shirts, ultra tight satin flares, fag moustaches and chest hair to counter-act the so called "Punk Movement" with this amazing song.
3. You light up my life - Debbie Boone - In an era polluted by Deep Throat, "meaningful songs" (IE: Bleeding heart, left leaning, satanic influenced songs) this bright light of a performer sang about the one true God, and her devotion to him.
4. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice - A timely and important song because a white man finally got to put the negro back in his place. By stealing his own music! Just like Pat Boone did with Little Richard. Vanilla Ice could have been the new Como, the new Andy Williams, but his career was cruelly cut short by the colluding influence of ethnic minorities, and their left leaning, commie loving, bleeding heart comrades in music critic circles. Now the negro music is everywhere! Would you let your daughter go out with a rapper? They take crack, you know. They love water melon and prize innocent white girls. But, they do not have large penises. Vanilla Ice was the last great white hope. All we have now is Nick Lachay and Justin Timberlake.
5. Freedom – Paul McCartney – Valiantly written/recorded/released in quick smart time. A song that said it all. Told all the towel headed, God hating (white God that is) Neanderthals that nothing would stop an elderly billionaire from cashing in on a fucking terrible tragedy by cynically and disgustingly exploiting the times and emotions of a bereaving nation. Included an awe-inspiring clip of a forever youthful Beatle (and face it, everyone’s fave Beatle – 2nd to that charming, cheeky Ringo – and definitely better than those left leaning, bleeding heart, anti-authority John & George) posing with Police and Fire fighters. Made a classic even more by the fact the single flopped. No doubt due to the influence of the left leaning, anti-conservative, liberal media.
February 14th, 2005 09:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Id' have this song there instead of Walk This Way!

Bon Jovi

"It's My Life"
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud

[Chorus:]
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life

This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky
Got to make your own breaks

It's my life
And it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
'Cause it's my life

Better stand tall when they're calling you out
Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down

It's my life
And it's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way

It's my life
And it's now or never
'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
(It's my life)
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
'Cause it's my life!

YOU SHOULD BE SHOT !!!!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 15th, 2005 12:01 PM
Joey [quote]corgi37 wrote:
In terms of "youthful rebellion", i'd put My Generation ahead of Satisfaction. "

Corgi ...........................

" Four Reels -- THE WHO , HOUSTON 1975 " DVD arrived in the mail yeaterday !

OH !! ... MY !! ... GOD !!!!!

...outstanding performance with Moonie the full center of attention . Moonie is EVER present .

By the way , I drank with Moonie last Friday Evening ! Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by Timothy Robbins ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 15th, 2005 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:
rolling who wrote:

"It's Hard"? "Any tough can fight, few can win?" C'mon, that's not classic Who (though I've always liked "Athena" and the Ox-written "It's Your Turn").

rolling who
( Rocks Off Member ) ................................

Most of those songs on " It's Hard " were supposed to be sung ' snarly ' and ' hectoring ' like THE CLASH ( Pete's favorite band at the time ).

Roger NEVER fully understood that ............

" It's a pity that The Clash broke up as I thought that they were a very good band . " ( Peter Denis Blandford Townshend , 1985 )

Jersee Joe !
February 15th, 2005 01:07 PM
charlotte The Joey, please stop....you are getting my nipples hard...
February 15th, 2005 01:13 PM
charlotte My first Who concert:

Charlotte, Charlotte Coliseum
Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Pete Townshend

I Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, My Wife, Baba O'Riley, Bargain, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baby Don't You Do It, Magic Bus, Overture, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, My Generation, Naked Eye.
February 15th, 2005 01:50 PM
Joey
quote:
charlotte wrote:
My first Who concert:

Charlotte, Charlotte Coliseum
Roger Daltrey, John Entwistle, Keith Moon, Pete Townshend

I Can't Explain, Summertime Blues, My Wife, Baba O'Riley, Bargain, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baby Don't You Do It, Magic Bus, Overture, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, My Generation, Naked Eye.

http://www.thewholive.de/1971/
February 15th, 2005 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
charlotte wrote:
The Joey, please stop....you are getting my nipples hard...

Charlotte .........................

I would like to nuzzle you
February 15th, 2005 05:31 PM
stewed & Keefed 1.Stray Cat Blues
2.Street Fighting Man.
3.Sympathy For The Devil
4.Heroin.
5.Venus In Furs.
February 15th, 2005 05:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 5. El Paso
4. Incense & Peppermints
3. Volunteers
2. Werewolves of London
1. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ala Johnny Winter
February 15th, 2005 05:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
1. Sugar Sugar - Countered the subversive, drug addled, left leaning pro-commie, long haired movement with timeless pop.

Actually that's not a bad pick...any song that could knock HTW off the number one slot in 1969 has got to be a good song.
February 15th, 2005 06:17 PM
stonedinaustralia some intersting thoughts there corgi - but you're playing pretty fast and loose with the term "rock and roll"

actually there was a show on TV the other night (history of popular song) and there was an interview with the brains behind The Archies Don Kirschner

he was also the guy responsible for the Monkees - he explained that after the monkees achieved their first success under his guidance they then wanted to start "doing there own thing" in search of musical credibility - to paraphrase he said the best way to have a complient group who would do what they are told was to get rid of the musicians completely - hence the cartoons

he also mentioned that "sugar sugar" was so big it knocked the stones off the number one spot

oh yeah - you forgot to mention "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" - a cutting edge tune that made the velvet underground seem like...well..the archies!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 15th, 2005 06:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
he also mentioned that "sugar sugar" was so big it knocked the stones off the number one spot

No minor accomplishment.
I didn't know that fact until I read it here on RO some months back. I also didn't even know that David Cassidy has an 11 inch cock until I read it here.

Bizarro TTM
February 15th, 2005 06:37 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
5. El Paso
4. Incense & Peppermints
3. Volunteers
2. Werewolves of London
1. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl ala Johnny Winter

5) Do me Baby
4) Fuss Infested Cuts
3) Tip Tippin' the Tit
2) Rock -- and Roll
1) Do you like Dogs?

Now those are great tunes.
February 15th, 2005 06:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

5) Do me Baby
4) Fuss Infested Cuts
3) Tip Tippin' the Tit
2) Rock -- and Roll
1) Do you like Dogs?

Now those are great tunes.

Agreed.

5. Spirit in the Sky
4. Money for Nothing
3. Angel of the Morning
2. Fixin' to die Rag
1. Star Spangled Banner ala Hendrix

February 15th, 2005 09:20 PM
corgi37 SIA - I saw that doco too. It's been on a few times. Odd how when the Monkees did their own stuff, they died quick time! I actually have a a soft spot for them. I grew up with that tv show. I recall very vividly "HEAD" being shown on Melbourne t.v. (introduced by the late, great Ivan Henderson!) about the time Tommy came out (75?).

I really dug it, then saw it again last year.

What an utter piece of crap!! hahahaahahha.

P.S. I was only kidding in my top 5 (der) but for some odd reason, i really, really adore Love will find a way. I just cant help it! That clip used to be played EVERY NIGHT in the mid 70's when Channel 9 1st went 24 hour. It was used as a filler between shows every night, just before midnight. Funny how things stick in you head, aint it.

I also loved the Banana Splits, and they are on cable now too! I am having a second childhood!

Or is it mid-life crisis?
February 15th, 2005 09:40 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Agreed.

4. Money for Nothing

Nice choice! Makes ya wonder how many people actually watched videos back in the 80's and said "That ain't workin'"

|
|
|
V

That little faggot wit da earring and the make-up -- yeah, buddy, that's his own hair.

That little faggot got his own jet airplane -- that little faggot he a mill-ee-oh-naire....

We got to move these refridgerators, TTM -- we got to move these color tee-veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood