ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
Đ Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is October The Month To Be Released The New Album? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
February 8th, 2005 12:02 AM
Madafaka From Shidoobee, stonesdoug wrote:

New album 10/11?
-----------------------------------------------------------

The website www.musictap.com has a bit of Stones info. listed today.

Virgin is re-issuing Made in the Shade and Sucking in the Seventies on 3/29.
Also there is an untitled Stones project with an expected release date of 10/11. (possibly the new album?)

BTW, that's the JB's birthday date!

[Edited by Madafaka]
February 8th, 2005 12:26 AM
IanBillen

I should not say this but I think I will. With all respect given:

Do you know how many times I have seen StonesDoug post based on speculation?

Do you know how many times he was right? A few. Do you know how many times it never happened? Most of the time.

No the album will be here this summer.

Ian
February 8th, 2005 04:50 AM
MRD8 Ian,
What do you base YOUR information on? There's no evidence at all that the Stones have worked on the new album since the sessions Keith, Mick and Charlie did in Paris in November...do you really think the album will be out in four months?
February 8th, 2005 05:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
From Shidoobee, stonesdoug wrote:

New album 10/11?
-----------------------------------------------------------

The website www.musictap.com has a bit of Stones info. listed today.

Virgin is re-issuing Made in the Shade and Sucking in the Seventies on 3/29.
Also there is an untitled Stones project with an expected release date of 10/11. (possibly the new album?)

its probably the release date of the reissues of "Rewind" and "Time Waits For No One"
February 8th, 2005 05:25 AM
IanBillen
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Ian,
What do you base YOUR information on? There's no evidence at all that the Stones have worked on the new album since the sessions Keith, Mick and Charlie did in Paris in November...do you really think the album will be out in four months?

Hello MRD8,

I base my information from the Horses Mouth. Don Was, Keith, and Mick.

Don Was: on a few recent occasions he stated June. He is the producer for this next album again.

Keith: says the plan was to record in the winter and release it in the spring (which, as we know is kinda unlikely). Still spring-summer is the buzz here.

Mick: indicated the album should not be long away from an article that stated Mick says fans will not have to wait very long for the new album.

What eles do you need. They had an entire album in the making all the way back from The Paris sessions according to Ron wood and he also went onto say it would only take a few more months to finish the album if need be. So the material is all there. From then to now imagine how much they have to choose from. And With a tour that is to start in the late summer-early fall they would surely need the summer months to rehearse and prep the tour. The tour is factual. It only makes sense they are recording at the present.

Also all articles I have read state The Stones are to release an album this summer/mid 2005.

Not one piece of all this ever indicated the album will be released in the fall months.

*Just as last year when not one ioda of factual information ever indicated an album of so called out-takes but alot of folks were hell bent on that very idea.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 8th, 2005 05:42 AM
J.J.Flash I believe this album will be released in May.....heck....this tour SHOULD start in October....
February 8th, 2005 10:20 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

its probably the release date of the reissues of "Rewind" and "Time Waits For No One"

i was thinking of 40 licks PLUS live licks in a limited edition box set, with very limited edition picture book with (almost) never before published photos AND a cd single with remixes of the remix of sympathy of the devil.
February 8th, 2005 10:23 AM
Gazza ..and I thought I was the most cynical bastard on here...
February 8th, 2005 10:28 AM
Fiji Joe Well...this tour better start quickly...I have Keith Richards in my Dead Pool for December
February 8th, 2005 10:32 AM
ResidentMule you can't have a release date for an album that doesn't exist, and if you try, its probably going to change. it would be a lucky coincidence if it came out October 11th. maybe it'll happen, maybe it'll never even finish getting written and they'll abandon it for all I know. I have no idea. All I knowis that its way 2 early for a release date schdule seeing as the Stones are already a good two years behind on recording this album as it is (setting aside the fact htat it was already long overdue)

I'll put my money on October over May though.

egon's probably closer than we'd like to think though. a Forty Licks DVD version with all the music videos (or early TV appearances in the place for some of them) can't be far off
February 8th, 2005 11:03 AM
gimmekeef With sales of their records in decline (albeit re-issues)I dont think the release will have to be timed with the tour.Just put in the effort to make a great record!!!!I can wait for that.And by the way 90% of what I read hear or Doug's site is speculation....But I Like It!!!!!!
February 8th, 2005 11:21 AM
T&A No way in hell the album will be out in June. Not a chance. It hasn't even been recorded yet! October would even be a long-shot at this point....but plausible.
February 8th, 2005 11:27 AM
Nellcote Who knows?
The Stones.
When will we know?
When they want us to.
Deal with it.
February 8th, 2005 11:31 AM
Jair I think the new album will be released in June, donīt ask me why, I just think.

Btw: As other greatest hits albuns are been released, is there any chance Rolled Gold also be released?

Please, anyone gimme an answer, I love that cover.

I'm back today, after 28 days in rehab. Damn, i will miss all those crazy girls, Caroline, Pamella, Camila, Katiana, Monia...
February 8th, 2005 11:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Well...this tour better start quickly...I have Keith Richards in my Dead Pool for December

LOL. You do those as well? I started it in work about 3 years ago (just pickin' 10 celebrities who might croak it in that year) and I won it the first two years. 2002 was a bumper year for Royal Family departures (I had Princess Margaret and the Queen Mum) although I felt bad about winning it in 2003 as I had both Johnny Cash and Warren Zevon on my list.

Knew I should have picked Max Schmeling for 2005, two guys in the 'pool' got off the mark with that one. My hopes are high for Saddam, Chemical Ali, The Pope, Kirk Douglas, Dick Cheney, Johnny Adair (local terrorist with a contract on his head), convicted child murderer Ian Huntley, ailing Great Train Robber and ex-Sex Pistols frontman Ronnie Biggs, Olivia de Havilland and General Pinochet. Michael Jackson is a "wild card" pick which gets double points, so I'm banking on him reacting badly to a jail sentence...

As a matter of principle, I dont pick any Stones members, though.
February 8th, 2005 12:09 PM
gimmekeef Gazza..I know this may be a bit morbid but...I'm really hoping you bat 1000% with your list!
February 8th, 2005 12:35 PM
polytoxic For what it's worth I've heard they will be mixing the album in L.A. sometime this spring, so that would put things on track for a late summer release. Either way, whether its May, June, July, August or September -bottom line is 2005 is a Stones year!
February 8th, 2005 03:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gazza..I know this may be a bit morbid but...I'm really hoping you bat 1000% with your list!

Christ...and I thought I was sick. There's only SOME of those people I'd WISH death on. Whatever has Olivia de Havilland ever done to hurt YOU? LOL
February 8th, 2005 03:36 PM
Poplar
September. Just in time for ma birthday.

February 8th, 2005 05:56 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Pope

Yeah well, that one was easy.
February 8th, 2005 06:19 PM
Some Guy My sources tell me that it will be a double album, the best shit you have ever heard! It will be released in July! The first single will be unleashed to radio in April... my sources are in my head.
February 8th, 2005 06:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:
I think the new album will be released in June, donīt ask me why, I just think.

Btw: As other greatest hits albuns are been released, is there any chance Rolled Gold also be released?

Please, anyone gimme an answer, I love that cover.

I'm back today, after 28 days in rehab. Damn, i will miss all those crazy girls, Caroline, Pamella, Camila, Katiana, Monia...

Well, great, but "rehab"......what for?
February 9th, 2005 12:26 AM
Soldatti I will be happy with a new album this year, May or October.
I put my money on October's release date, Oasis will release his new album in May 26 and they finished the recording on October!
Joe Perry will release his new solo album on May too, and the record is ready since last November, even U2 released the album on late November with the album ready since June.
February 9th, 2005 05:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Hello MRD8,

I base my information from the Horses Mouth. Don Was, Keith, and Mick.

Don Was: on a few recent occasions he stated June. He is the producer for this next album again.

Keith: says the plan was to record in the winter and release it in the spring (which, as we know is kinda unlikely). Still spring-summer is the buzz here.

Mick: indicated the album should not be long away from an article that stated Mick says fans will not have to wait very long for the new album.

What eles do you need. They had an entire album in the making all the way back from The Paris sessions according to Ron wood and he also went onto say it would only take a few more months to finish the album if need be. So the material is all there. From then to now imagine how much they have to choose from. And With a tour that is to start in the late summer-early fall they would surely need the summer months to rehearse and prep the tour. The tour is factual. It only makes sense they are recording at the present.

Also all articles I have read state The Stones are to release an album this summer/mid 2005.

Not one piece of all this ever indicated the album will be released in the fall months.

*Just as last year when not one ioda of factual information ever indicated an album of so called out-takes but alot of folks were hell bent on that very idea.

Ian

Pointless quoting sources from last year when plans are always open to change.

The Stones havent recorded since doing some demos in November. And that was only Mick, Keith and (eventually) Charlie.

they DIDNT have "an entire album" from the Paris sessions. They recorded for all of two weeks. Almost all of the songs were demos and unfinished. They NEVER record an album that quick. Knowing the Stones, they're more likely to take that long getting the guitars tuned.

If you think that the amount of work they've done on a new album equates to a possible release by spring or early summer, you're the only person who think this practical, let alone likely.

Art Wood said only a few days ago that Ronnie will be recording with the Stones in JUNE. I'd base more credibility on that than what someone said 6 months ago. Even if it WAS Keith Richards. Still can't see what would make them wait so long, though. Its not like they're tied up with other projects. It would also mean a release date of October 2005 at the very earliest, which - as it would be linked to the start of a tour - either suggests a tour start around that time (which seems very late) or a release in the middle of a tour (which makes little commercial sense)
February 9th, 2005 07:47 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Pointless quoting sources from last year when plans are always open to change.

The Stones havent recorded since doing some demos in November. And that was only Mick, Keith and (eventually) Charlie.

they DIDNT have "an entire album" from the Paris sessions. They recorded for all of two weeks. Almost all of the songs were demos and unfinished. They NEVER record an album that quick. Knowing the Stones, they're more likely to take that long getting the guitars tuned.

If you think that the amount of work they've done on a new album equates to a possible release by spring or early summer, you're the only person who think this practical, let alone likely.

Art Wood said only a few days ago that Ronnie will be recording with the Stones in JUNE. I'd base more credibility on that than what someone said 6 months ago. Even if it WAS Keith Richards. Still can't see what would make them wait so long, though. Its not like they're tied up with other projects. It would also mean a release date of October 2005 at the very earliest, which - as it would be linked to the start of a tour - either suggests a tour start around that time (which seems very late) or a release in the middle of a tour (which makes little commercial sense)

Yes. But why on earth would they wait until June to get the entire band Together???
Don was said the album was to arrive in June not six months ago but just a few months ago. Mick and Keith have been writing songs since before October for this album.
I don't buy this thing of waiting until June to hit the studio with Ronnie. June? That is impractical and Waaay too late for Stones plans.
Gazza, I know the album won't be out in The spring. But in the summer is still very real.
What I don't understand is why everyone looks for what they want out of it. No matter what is released from them everyone says the exact opposite from what the any of The Stones or higher ups in their camp state. It is like if Mick came right out and said the album will be relased on July 10th. You would still have folks saying well seems like December is what that means by the
time this happens or the time that happens. We are going over the same thing as when this big out-takes rumor thing started last year. There was never an album of out-takes.
I am just going by what they have said. Why go by any other specualtion?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
February 9th, 2005 08:03 AM
Gazza You dont seem to get it.

Theres a world of difference between someone saying what they intend to do in the future and someone giving a release date for a record after its been recorded.

It doesnt matter a shit what Keith, Mick or Don Was "said" months ago about their PLANS, because the band haven't recorded to the extent that may have been expected as of today's date.

Only a few weeks ago, it was said they were going to record just after the start of the new year. They didnt.

I do find it hard to believe they'd regroup as late as June if they have ANY intention on releasing, or touring, in 2005.

Why the change I don't know. But even if they were start recording again today, there will NOT be an album as early as June, as you have suggested.
February 9th, 2005 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You dont seem to get it.

Theres a world of difference between someone saying what they intend to do in the future and someone giving a release date for a record after its been recorded.

It doesnt matter a shit what Keith, Mick or Don Was "said" months ago about their PLANS, because the band haven't recorded to the extent that may have been expected as of today's date.

Only a few weeks ago, it was said they were going to record just after the start of the new year. They didnt.

I do find it hard to believe they'd regroup as late as June if they have ANY intention on releasing, or touring, in 2005.

Why the change I don't know. But even if they were start recording again today, there will NOT be an album as early as June, as you have suggested.

could the competitive fall tour schedule (macca, Who, U2, etc) be playing a role in this?
February 9th, 2005 03:18 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
my sources are in my head.

the lunatic is on the grass.
February 9th, 2005 05:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

the lunatic is on the grass.

what up P!!
February 9th, 2005 09:39 PM
Soldatti
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

could the competitive fall tour schedule (macca, Who, U2, etc) be playing a role in this?

Maybe.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood