ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 22nd, 2004 06:05 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I just don't "get" the whole Brian obsession.

What obsession.
September 22nd, 2004 06:10 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Great pics all of them!

Thanks
September 22nd, 2004 11:41 PM
Water Dragon Howdy Steve!

I love this shot of his reflection... and, since you are the king of posting for Brian, may I ask a favour of you? Will you post photos of Brian, both in front of or looking into his reflection?

I would very much appreciate seeing them.

Cheers,

W.D.
September 23rd, 2004 01:09 AM
gypsy I think Brian was cute in the early 60's. But he really looked bad from 1967 up to his death. It's really sad how he looked so bloated with bags under his eyes at only 26.
Of course, Anita & Keith look like hell now...but I still luv 'em!
Why do you like Brian so much? Is it because you feel he didn't get his due? After reading so many books about them, I see how they (Mick & Keith) ripped so many people off. Mick, I think, was probably more into ripping people off monetarily, where as Keith ripped off a lot of other people's music. I hate to admit that, but it's true.
Do you blame Anita & Keith for Brian's death?
I don't blame them at all, even though it seems like a bad thing to do. I think Brian would have done the same to Keith had the roles been reversed.
It's very odd how they all swapped women so much.
Does anyone know what happened to Suki's children after she died? I know that she was married to a Hong Kong businessman (drug dealer?) named Ben or Bob Ho (I've read varying accounts on his first name)...and they died in 1979 in a car accident that Suki purposely caused because Ben/Bob wanted a divorce. So I just wonder where her daughters are (I've read that they had two daughters). They must shun the spotlight or something. Perhaps they were raised by either Suki's parents or Ben/Bob's. I bet they are pretty, being half-Asian.
September 23rd, 2004 11:30 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Why do you like Brian so much?[?quote]

I like Brian no more than the rest of the stones.When I came to this board there did'nt seem to be much about him going on,(only negative stuff against Miss U) so started posting about him. He was my favorite when he was alive and I still prefer the Stones when he was with them as it was my favorite era.

[quote]Do you blame Anita & Keith for Brian's death

No, I really think Frank Thoroughgood killed him,and I hope the film my shed some new light on the matter.

Steve

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
September 23rd, 2004 11:54 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 23rd, 2004 12:38 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 23rd, 2004 06:50 PM
gypsy I listened to that CD interview by Geoffrey Guiliano (not sure if I spelled his name correctly)...and it was downright freaky. It gave me goosebumps the way that anonymous guy "Joe" spoke about Brian. I just don't understand, and never will understand, such disregard for human life. Such an awful torturous death Brian had to endure. But I wonder if there was something bigger behind it...like Allen Klein paying Frank to do Brian in so that he wouldn't have to pay him the money he owed. I researched some strange deaths, such as Sam Cooke's...and others that I cannot remember right at this moment. But it seems as though it all leads back to Klein. Is Klein still alive?
What do you think of Keylock? I couldn't believe it when I saw that he was a member of the BJFC. What a laugh. I wonder what happened to Janet Lawson too.
I also read that Dawn Malloy had been Ian Stewart's girlfriend, and then Brian got her pregnant. I cannot remember where I read it, and do not know if it's true.
I wonder how much Suki knew about what went on, as I do not believe Brian was very close to Anna. I don't even think he loved Anna...I think he wanted to love Anna and settle down.
It's too bad Suki died...I bet she had some info. I bet Anita knows something too.
I'll quit rambling now.
September 24th, 2004 05:45 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I wonder what happened to Janet Lawson.

Woolley has been investigating the Brian Jones affair for nearly 10 years and he has left his own trail of clues. It is known, for example, that he has had long discussions with Anna Wohlin, Jones's girlfriend and a key witness. He has also probed deeply into the background of a member of Jones's entourage, an East End hard case who was with the rock star the night he died.
As well as optioning all the available literature, Woolley has conducted extensive research into the case. He hired private detectives to track down Thorogood's girlfriend Janet Lawson, who was the only other person present on the fateful night but disappeared after the inquest.
The murder theory has been put forward before in several books but this is the first film to make the claim. As well as interviewing Brian's close friends, Mr Woolley has used a clairvoyant to try to provide new insights into the tragedy. He says his film will raise questions which need answering.

Hi Gypsy,

When I first heard about this film, and read about all the research he had done I was very optimistic,but when I read Mr Woolley has used a clairvoyant to try to provide new insights into the tragedy,I fear the worst.
Let's hope that that the film will shed some new light,and the police open the case and find out the truth for his family,and Brian can rest in peace.

Steve.

September 24th, 2004 05:55 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 24th, 2004 05:56 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 24th, 2004 06:09 AM
gypsymofo60 Bwyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have a..WWWodewick? Weelease WWWodewick!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean Brian! Honestly! AE Houseman please stand up. Brian was an egotistical waste of oxygen. No Stones without Brian? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ppplllleeeeeeeeeeese!
September 24th, 2004 06:31 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Bwyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we have a..WWWodewick? Weelease WWWodewick!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean Brian! Honestly! AE Houseman please stand up. Brian was an egotistical waste of oxygen. No Stones without Brian? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ppplllleeeeeeeeeeese!

September 24th, 2004 12:21 PM
stewed & Keefed

September 24th, 2004 08:36 PM
gypsy I'm not joking, but I do believe in a few psychics...especially Sylvia Browne. I am not going to list all my psychic experiences...I don't like talking about them because I know it sounds absurd. But I do believe in it and have experienced it.

I agree with you though...I don't think it's good for the movie. It makes it look as though Woolley is grasping at straws...which isn't his fault, since nobody is talking really.
September 25th, 2004 08:45 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

In the immortal words of Mr. Micheal Jagger, "if you can't take a joke; too f****** bad!"
September 25th, 2004 08:54 AM
gypsymofo60 Mr. Jones was in the exalted position,(he claimed he initiated), Yeah! right, because he ran into Mr. Jagger, and Mr. Richards. As I have said before, Jagger& Richards would have come up with some version of The Rolling Stones with or without Mr. Mark Spitz. Excuse my irreverance to Bwyyan but, I mean! Dya know what I mean?
September 25th, 2004 02:24 PM
stewed & Keefed

September 25th, 2004 02:43 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 25th, 2004 10:27 PM
gypsy I have never liked that picture right above THIS post. He looks creepy.
September 25th, 2004 10:52 PM
Bloozehound kool beans

the Brian thread
September 26th, 2004 07:38 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 26th, 2004 07:45 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 26th, 2004 08:40 AM
stewed & Keefed Daily Mail 24-9-04

Keeping up with the Jones

Brian Jones epitomised the hedonism of the Sixies but he couldn't always get what he wanted.
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards were forced to sack Jones from the Rolling Stones because he couldn't handle the drugs and wouldn't show up for music sessions,and soon after was found dead in his swimming pool.
A new movie about the events leading up to Jones's death starts shooting on Monday,with fast-rising actor Leo Gregory playing the boy from Cheltenham who was hooked on the blues,women and drugs.
Director Steve Woolley said his film will have a psychedelic sensibility,with the story of Jones's life told from all the old Stones haunts in Richmond,Chelsea and King's Cross.
While on a trip to Los Angeles Leo read the Jones script.I had a call telling me to get my arse in gear for a screen test,he said.I came in and tested and two days later I was told I had the gig.
Although he has had little time to fully prepare,he's of the opinion that any actor worth his salt would cut off body parts'to play the part of Jones.
Hip hop is Leo's music of choice,but with the Jones project he has turned to the Stones and Robert Johnson blues for inspiration.
I'm listening to the Stones on the Walkman.I'm immersing myself in Brian Jones.Until we finish shooting I'm going to be living,breathing and excreting Brian Jones.
Director Woolley says The biggest surprise to me is that there are still kids who know about Brian Jones,and yet he was a guy whose death sort of closed off the Sixties.
Alas,Leo isn't one of them.He didn't know who Jones was until he read the script!

September 27th, 2004 12:54 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 27th, 2004 12:55 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 28th, 2004 02:50 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 28th, 2004 02:51 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 28th, 2004 10:09 PM
CotchfordCat That poem by Jim Morrison, that's pretty shoddy.
September 29th, 2004 02:04 PM
stewed & Keefed
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood