ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Jery and Brian - Tour break - Chicago, May 11, 1965
© Jeri Holloway
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 11th, 2004 08:12 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 12th, 2004 07:42 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 12th, 2004 10:46 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 12th, 2004 07:13 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 13th, 2004 08:05 AM
stewed & Keefed
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
September 13th, 2004 11:41 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 14th, 2004 04:30 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 14th, 2004 04:33 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 15th, 2004 07:04 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 15th, 2004 07:05 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 15th, 2004 07:07 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 15th, 2004 09:37 AM
LadyJane A little contribution from me. I love this shot.

Courtesy of Cindy's fabulous site www.ilovemickjagger.com

LJ.
September 15th, 2004 07:19 PM
stewed & Keefed I love that pic too Cheers

September 16th, 2004 02:12 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 16th, 2004 08:39 PM
Water Dragon Thinking of Brian:

BY: Edna St. Vincent Millay

Sonnet VII

When I too long have looked upon your face,
Wherein for me a brightness unobscured
Save by the mists of brightness has its place,
And terrible beauty not to be endured,
I turn away reluctant from your light,
And stand irresolute, a mind undone,
A silly, dazzled thing deprived of sight
From having looked too long upon the sun.
Then is my daily life a narrow room
In which a little while, uncertainly,
Surrounded by impenetrable gloom,
Among familiar things grown strange to me
Making my way, I pause; and feel, and hark,
Till I become accustomed to the dark.

September 17th, 2004 02:07 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 18th, 2004 06:54 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 18th, 2004 12:37 PM
gypsy I wonder why Brian beat all of his girlfriends. Do you think his father may have slapped his mom around...or possibly smacked Brian around? I know people think he "only" hit Anita (like she deserved it)...but I've read so many books where Linda Lawrence admits he hit her, and his friends interviewed say he knocked Suki unconscious.
Why this hatred toward women?
I don't mean this in a rude way...not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just want to know someone else's take on this.
September 18th, 2004 01:18 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 18th, 2004 01:19 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 19th, 2004 07:23 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 19th, 2004 07:25 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 20th, 2004 05:49 AM
stewed & Keefed
September 20th, 2004 12:08 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 21st, 2004 09:23 AM
stewed & Keefed "Brian was very moody, which I like, and he was physically attractive as well - he looked kind of like a girl in a funny kind of way; sexually I like girls as well as men and Brian seemed to combine both sexes for me. At the same time, he was funny as well. He had a great sense of humour - how could I not love a man who could make me laugh? Also, Brian was very outspoken, blunt, said everything on his mind, outrageous things, and he had a wonderful curiosity - curious about new things, new places, wanted to know everything that was going on, wanted to meet new people, new ideas, learn the new dances."Anita Pallenberg, on her attraction to Brian

September 21st, 2004 09:29 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I wonder why Brian beat all of his girlfriends. Do you think his father may have slapped his mom around...or possibly smacked Brian around? I know people think he "only" hit Anita (like she deserved it)...but I've read so many books where Linda Lawrence admits he hit her, and his friends interviewed say he knocked Suki unconscious.
Why this hatred toward women?
I don't mean this in a rude way...not trying to ruffle any feathers. I just want to know someone else's take on this.

"He was scruffy, moody and not very well liked - partly because of his annoying habit of borrowing small sums of money and never paying them back, and partly because his friends and acquaintances could see that he was plainly wasting his time and rapidly becoming a layabout with a chip on his shoulder. Girls felt sorry for him because he always looked so lonely and depressed and he played this up to his fullest advantage. Maybe because he was so short or maybe just because no one took him very seriously, but he seemed to use girls to get his own back on a world that he imagined had somehow done him wrong. He loved to show visitors the sad bloody sheets from the unfortunate virgin the night before and enjoyed boasting about how many women he had had. He was a creep." Barry Miles, on early days in Cheltenham

September 21st, 2004 12:17 PM
stewed & Keefed
September 21st, 2004 02:09 PM
Lambchop* ("The women in my family all use the same passport") to politics ("I said, oh, come on, Germany, join the war, it's not the same without you"). But Mirza is best known for her takes on post-9/11 tension; her most oft-quoted joke is, "My name is Shazia Mirza -- at least that's what it says on my pilot's license."

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/09/21/mirza/index.html
September 21st, 2004 06:51 PM
gypsy I just don't "get" the whole Brian obsession. He looked really ugly in that American flag shirt...all bloated and creepy-looking. I can see why Anita would leave him for Keith back then. Nothing worse than a short fat balding guy who beats on you.

The Brian and Anita pictures credit to:

http://groups.msn.com/anitapallenberg
September 21st, 2004 09:45 PM
Soldatti Great pics all of them!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood