ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger en Espaņa el fin de semana pasado
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones X Beatles Return to archive
02-15-02 07:45 PM
CocaBuena Wondering why so many people says Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is sooooooooo great and Their Satanic Majesties Request just a cheap imitation.

Listening Stones again/here/now, i think that even if the Stones album had only She's a Rainbow would be much better than any Beatles album. And, ya know, there are The Lantern, Gomper, 2.000 Light..., etc etc etc, damn, is so fucking good!
How could you someone talk in Beatles and compare them with the Stones?
No funny, huh? Is almost like talk about Spice Girls and Pulp or some other great british group, like Blur, Gomez,Morcheeba...

02-15-02 09:09 PM
Happy Motherfucker Let's not forget that the Beatles where a great band. "Sgt. Peppers" is a classic album also. Not trying to start any kind of debate here because The Stones will always be first in my book, but let's give credit where credit is do, o.k.
02-16-02 03:55 PM
JaggaRichards You can have the both of them!

I'd rather listen to 'Beggars Banquet' or the 'White Album'.
Psychedelic music was just a boring fad IMO.
02-16-02 06:37 PM
Happy Motherfucker Psychedelic music just a fad? Well, The Grateful Dead rode that psychedelic bus for 30 years with sell-out shows up until the end. That's hardly a fad. But, I know what you mean about it being mainstream, which the late 60's where.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.