ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger en Espaņa el fin de semana pasado
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Waylon Jennings dead at 64 Return to archive
02-13-02 11:44 PM
CS RIP

He recorded several songs for the soundtrack album of "Ned Kelly," which starred Mick Jagger.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020214/people_nm/jennings__update_2__1
[Edited by CS]
02-14-02 12:30 AM
Happy Motherfucker It's a sad thing man. Waylon was a true counrty outlaw that laid down some really great tunes. Those guys like, Waylon, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, and George Jones is what country music was (and is) all about. In the 70's they took it to another level. These clowns that have taken over the air waves today, don't hold a candle to those boys! A real country Gentleman and he will be missed.
02-14-02 07:13 AM
JaggaRichards Rest in peace Waylon
02-14-02 09:26 AM
Larry Dallas "If there was ever any message I was trying to get across to people, it's a simple one. No matter what you're trying to do in life, there is another way- your way...and everyone, whether it's you or me or anybody, has a right to try it at least once in their life."-- Waylon Jennings

Thanks Waylon!
02-14-02 02:21 PM
Gazza >Those guys like, Waylon, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, and George Jones is what country music was (and is) all about. In the 70's they took it to another level. These clowns that have taken over the air waves today, don't hold a candle to those boys!

Amen!! As an example of how little credibility the abortion that passes itself as "new country" music has,didnt Waylon's record label ask him to change the cover of one of his albums a couple of years ago because he wasnt young & pretty enough on the photo? Unbelievable!
02-14-02 05:24 PM
gypsy I was saddened to hear about Waylon's passing...he was one of my favorites, thanks to my Grandpa (who passed away a few years ago.) Every time I listen to Waylon, I think of my Grandpa...Yep, these new country starts are a little too "pop-sounding" to me. My grandpa only liked the kind of country music where there were lots of fiddle and guitar-a la Waylon Jennings. May Waylon rest in peace! Hope he's up there with Hank Sr., singin' away!
02-14-02 09:52 PM
CS

Country music legend Waylon Jennings performs in Nashville, Tenn. in this June 1994 file photo. Jennings died at his home in Arizona on Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2002, after a long battle with diabetes-related health problems. He was 64. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

A visitor to the Country Music Hall of Fame photographs the plaque for Waylon Jennings, draped with black cloth and decorated with yellow roses, Thursday, Feb. 14, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn. Jennings died Wednesday at 64 in Arizona after years of diabetes-related ailments. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

Waylon Jennings' plaque in the Country Music Hall of Fame is draped with black cloth and decorated with yellow roses on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn. Jennings, 64, died Wednesday in Arizona after a long battle with diabetes-related health problems. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

FILE--Country music legend Waylon Jennings is shown in Nashville, Tenn., in this Aug. 1999 file photo. Jennings, who defined the outlaw movement in country music, died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2002, at his home in Arizona, after a long battle with diabetes-related health problems. He was 64. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey, file)

Email this story - View most popular
02-14-02 10:26 PM
gypsy Thanks for posting the pix of Waylon. I pray that Elton John won't write a song for Waylon....ha ha ha!
02-15-02 01:00 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I guarantee that if Elton John were to write a tribute to Waylon, Waylon would spring up outta that grave, and shove Eltons bad rug up his very loose asshole!

Waylon played with Buddy Holly...no more really need be said.

Except Waylon woulda made Garth piss his pants.
02-15-02 02:57 AM
gypsy Unfortunately, I live in Oklahoma....and it's "Garth Brooks this...Garth Brooks that" I can't stand the guy! Waylon was a real country singer, period!
But, you know how Elton has a thing for writing songs about dead people? A couple years ago, when JFK jr. died, my dad said "Oh, shit, now that God damn Elton John will write a song about him."
02-15-02 04:42 AM
chris meekings GLASTONEBURY 2003

According to British tabloid, The Sun , Mick has promised that the Stones will headline the festivel in '03.
02-15-02 03:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Chris THANKS FOR THE NEWS! based on the time of your post, you gave them, but in the wrong place as this is a thread with another topic

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.