ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger en España el fin de semana pasado
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Transcript of Mick chat... Return to archive
02-07-02 07:40 PM
MickChick The chat was a bit short... Considering the wait...
I'd really looked foreward to my first celeb-inter-chat...
Guess he really wanted to go back to his party...

Here's the transcript, I miss a short bit, as my connection temporarly failed...

Get atisfaction meet rock and roll legend, Mick Jagger Check out Mick Jagger's Goddess In The Doorway, album at MSN Music go.msn.com/intg/222.asp?t...iew=686269

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Now is a great time to get your question in for Mick Jagger. Click the submit question button and enter your question now!

Mick_Jagger_Forever in Onstage1 asks: Hey Mick!!!!!! I love you man, I just want to say your new song is da bomb!!!!!

monkeypooface in Onstage1 asks: Hi Mick, We all think your cool and thats why were here, plus to have a laugh, but if your not busy next week I'm having a bit of a party.

Lumi_Dragon in Onstage1 asks: Hi Mick!I just realized you won't be able to answer to ALL of these questionsso I just wanted to say hi just in case.Words are just words,but I think you're the best, keep going!&don't forget: we have to see you live with the guys in Greece this year!

Bogie125 in Onstage3 asks: This is not a question. I just want to say that I've been a fan since '64 and that I want to thank you for the influence you've had on my life. Thanks.

DishDiva says: See the exclusive online premiere of "Visions of Paradise" ONLY on MSN Music at

DishDiva says: Welcome to the fans from Mick's fan site!@

DishDiva says: It's great to have you here!

DishDiva says: Your hosts this afternoon are Trish, Budd, Joan and Mark. If you have any questions about this event or MSN Live, they can help you!

DishDiva says: We'll be starting tonight's show in just a few minutes!

DishDiva says: Thanks for joining us on MSN Live!

AmbidextrousSister in Onstage1 asks: ((((((((((((((((((MICK I LUV U))))))))))))))))))))))

DishDiva says: Tonight we will be joining Mick live from London.

DishDiva says: Welcome to MSN Live! Tonight we are pleased to welcome legendary rocker Mick Jagger to MSN for the very first time!

DishDiva says: Hi Mick!

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I'm really happy to be here doing this web chat. It's kind of late here. I'm just coming from a really big party, so I feel great. Welcome to the chat!

LauraCappe in Onstage1 asks: Is your new album an experiment for you, musically, or is it tried and true rock?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: It's a mixture between the traditional and less traditional. It's a lot of different styles and beats taken further than rock. So it's a good balance between those two things.

Caelux¹ in Onstage2 asks: With being in the industry so long, do you ever see yourself back when you first started and think to yourself, "Oh my god, I actually did those things?"

Mick_Jagger_Live says: (laughs) Of course you always do a lot of embarassing things throughout your career. The most obvious thing is, did I wear that? You always manage to think you were young then, and you don't always want to be reminded of those things.

Mick_Jagger_Live says: When you see it in print, you just want to chuck it away. (laughs)

dolittle84 in Onstage3 asks: How do you keep it fresh, new and exciting after all of these years? Does new material still get you revved and ready to go?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Yeah. I think you get really excited about new things and want to tell everyone about them and play them for everybody. It's hard to make good judgements about them because you are so excited, but that's the way it should be. You should be excited about

Mick_Jagger_Live says: what you're doing.

SmilingMrschef in Onstage1 asks: Mick is it true that first you wanted Rob Thomas to assist you in producing your newest release?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I don't think Rob produces, he writes and sings. He wrote a third of the song and sings harmony. And his producer is the head of Virgin Records.

offjerked in Onstage1 asks: when you are onstage, do you think about the moves you make, or do you just make them? Were there any influences on those moves?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I don't think about them that much. After a while you know you're going to do certain things on certain songs and you have a pattern you use, but if you want to go away from the pattern you can. People tell you if it works or not. Every night you can

Mick_Jagger_Live says: extemporize within those moves. I think that's the norm with everyone. When I was starting out, I used to watch a lot of performers. I watched James Brown, Tina Turner, Jackie Wilson, Joe Tex and Dame Margo Fontaine. And after checking them out I would go

Mick_Jagger_Live says: home and try out those moves. Then you realize Joe Tex was wearing knee pads, and you find out doing the move really hurts. (laughs)

LourMontana in Onstage1 asks: Why did you choose an elephant for your new video?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: (laughs) It's not really a video if you don't have a girl sitting on an elephant.

Stonesdoug in Onstage1 asks: Mick--can you teel us anything about the 40th Anniversary Stones tour yet?-(Stonesdoug)

Mick_Jagger_Live says: No.

vlado325 in Onstage1 asks: What song or songs that you have written are you most proud of as a songwriter?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: (ooohh) I can't think of the answer... "Can't Always Get What You Want." A lot of others. I'm very proud of a lot of them. Some are better than others, but as a whole they're all a great song book, and that's what makes me the most proud.

BillsFan9450 in Onstage1 asks: "Goddess" is a great record, Mick! Have you had any feedback from your bandmates?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I spent the evening with Ronnie Wood and he loves it!

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Yes you can! It should be out in the next couple of months and it has a lot of bits on it. I was in France a couple of days ago and was stopped on the streets and asked when the next espisode will come out

ladyblue_eyes1 in Onstage3 asks: Are you turning all your attention to movie acting?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Not really no. I'm doing more movie producing. I'm in an independent movie this summer called "The Man From Elysian Fields."

LoveYouLive in Onstage3 asks: Was Kenneth Anger very influential on your belief systems?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: A good question though.

FaithfulA2Z in Onstage1 asks: Mick, I loved your latest, Goddess...it has all the energy of your late seventies/early eighties stuff. I see you capturing a younger audience with it. Are you finding that the case? Getting the attention of younger listeners?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I have no idea. I think my audience is all kinds of ages from children to grannies really. Bless them all!

Meckblad in Onstage2 asks: Mick, thanks for all the memories! Of all the versions of your songs by other artists, which is your favorite?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: The Dandy Warhol's new single. Nancy Sanatra "As Tears Go By."

dhsr756 in Onstage3 asks: Are any of your kids musicians and do they plan to become recording artists?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I don't think any of them are starved musicians. I don't know who will eventually do it. I don't know.

oldrockdude1 in Onstage2 asks: Hey Mick, Thanks for all the great music. Whats next?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I'm going back to my party. (laughs) I was dancing to an Irish fiddle band.

kyx98 in Onstage3 asks: What's Mick short for?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Michael.

ÅñÐяèW™ in Onstage1 asks: Hi Mick, what's the "message" in Goddess In The Doorway" ? Andrew/Ada,Oklahoma

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Yeah, there's more than one. It's not an album that's supposed to be a message or preachy, it's just emotional ideas. These's not one message, there's several messages.

Lumi_Dragon in Onstage1 asks: Hi Mick!Oh, what question to pick?What has been the most challenging, difficult moment[if there was any ]of your career so far&how would you change what happened if you had the chance?Thanks, waiting to see you live in Greece again with the new tour

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I think the most challenging thing is the first show on a tour because you don't really know what you're going to be doing. And you never have enough time for rehearsal and you never know what the audience will be doing.

Manolis_Varnasactor1 in Onstage3 asks: What do you find as the biggest pleasure in life?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: There's lots of pleasures in your life. You can't just single one out. There's ones of creativity, performing and there's sensual pleasures and your eating and drinking pleasures and there's your intellectual pleasures. Life if full of pleasures and you

Mick_Jagger_Live says: try to enjoy them. Your family is one of those pleasures, and you try to enjoy them and watching them grow up.

UltraSteelFox in Onstage1 asks: What is the meaning behind the title of you're new album?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: It's about the metaphorical woman that you try and reach and and touch her, but she disappears when you try and reach her.

sisterfanny in Onstage1 asks: A few of your recent songs (incl. Stones) have religious references - are you quite spiritual?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Just a touch of mysticism and a wineglass full of spirituality that I tend to translate into a couple of tunes.

pervasive_one in Onstage2 asks: Important to me. Can you tell me about the Harmonica technics used in Party Doll. Sound more that just harp. New CD is great

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I think "Party Doll" I play at the end. It's a country harmonica tune, and was played without distortion. In country you play cross harp technique. Thanks for that question, I don't get asked that very much.

Quiet2k2 in Onstage3 asks: Can you explain how the Rolling Stones music has become "timeless"?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: It's been around so long.

nugen2 in Onstage4 asks: Where was the term "nanker" derived from? Does or did it have a literal meaning?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Two mythical characters invented by Brian, Keith and myself.

BballTiger11 in Onstage2 asks: When will you be going on tour again?

sweetjmb in Onstage1 asks: what is your greatest achievement?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I have no idea.

Argie64 in Onstage1 asks: What is the biggest lesson you've learned from the women in your life?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: How to wear lipstick properly.

icouldntremembermyname in Onstage4 asks: what is you favorite song to perform live and why?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: I quite like emotional ballads sometimes. I get into that. I quite like doing these tunes like "Sister Morphine" on a big stage.

Mick_Jagger_Live says: It depends on the night, you fancy one more than another. And you should really like them all or you shouldn't be playing them.

Steven in Onstage1 asks: What do you think of the music industry today to when you first began your career?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: The music industry has changed a lot. It used to be a kind of small, amateurishly run thing. It was fun. It's still fun, but people try and have more corprate minds.

DishDiva says: Mick, thanks for stepping out of your party to join your fans from around the world tonight on MSN Live. Best of luck with "Goddess in the Doorway."

Mick_Jagger_Live says: Thank very much for your questions! There were some very interesting things there. I'm sorry I didn't have more time to answer more.

Next Topic >>

02-07-02 07:54 PM
Gazza I cant believe some moron would get the chance to ask Mick Jagger a question and then come up with something as deep and probing as "what is Mick short for" ?

Couldnt believe how many losers spent the entire duration of the chat (and before and after it) asking "wheres Mick" and similar idiotic remarks claiming the whole thing was a hoax without having the sense to scroll into the window where you could clearly view the contents of the chat and even post a question...

Standard online chat fare though. A few half decent questions and answers but mostly pure fluff and the occasional tongue in cheek answer which wil no doubt be taken out of context!
02-08-02 06:38 AM
wondergirl oh como on, those aren't real questions from real fans..I was in that chat a few hours before, and believe me, those aren't the kind of people that were in there..
02-08-02 11:23 AM
moy "Argie64 in Onstage1 asks: What is the biggest lesson you've learned from the women in
your life?

Mick_Jagger_Live says: How to wear lipstick properly. "

hey mick you better learn how to wear a condom properly!!!
02-08-02 05:34 PM
Mother baby internet "chats" (doesn't the word 'chat' have a cozy sound?) are kind of a new thing, how can anyone "chat" with all those people? The whole format has to be generic and limited but at least it's pioneering. Besides, unlike some posters, a few us of us REFUSE to engage in mindless hero worship.

There are exceptions to every rule though.
[Edited by Mother baby]
02-08-02 06:57 PM
Angiegirl I saw the chat with Jagger, but it was crap. Bad questions, bad answers and it took someone much too long to type in Mick's answers everytime. He could have answered more questions if there had been a decent speed. Awful.

'Mick, what's it like to be a rock legend?' Pleazzzz!! What are we, 14? I asked something about Goddess and without any mentioning of the words Stones and tour, because I thought I would have the best chance to get selected. But questions like these still win. Sigh. It's always such a cliche those live chats with celebs.
02-09-02 09:31 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I didn't even bother checking it out...mainly because I knew that the transcript would get posted here. Then there's also the fact that any of the questions that I would ask would NEVER make it to Mick.

The only way you can get bigtime celebs to do chats is to assure them that they'll only get big fat softballs for questions. It's the same reason that Jeopardy asks easy questions for their "Celebrity" shows. The celebs will shy away if they think they might look stupid.

I saw Mick blew off Stonesdoug with a one word answer. It's obvious Mick was told to keep quiet about a new Stones tour. Stonesdoug asked the single question we all wanted answered the most...Can you tell us anything about a 40th Anniversary Tour? And Mick blew it off with a simple...No.

Oggie.
02-09-02 09:34 AM
Cardinal Ximinez I didn't even bother checking it out...mainly because I knew that the transcript would get posted here. Then there's also the fact that any of the questions that I would ask would NEVER make it to Mick.

The only way you can get bigtime celebs to do chats is to assure them that they'll only get big fat softballs for questions. It's the same reason that Jeopardy asks easy questions for their "Celebrity" shows. The celebs will shy away if they think they might look stupid.

I saw Mick blew off Stonesdoug with a one word answer. It's obvious Mick was told to keep quiet about a new Stones tour. Stonesdoug asked the single question we all wanted answered the most...Can you tell us anything about a 40th Anniversary Tour? And Mick blew it off with a simple...No.

Oggie.
02-09-02 02:07 PM
Miss U. Maybe the reason for the chat was to focus on Mick's new CD, not the Stones tour, huh?
I'm sure Mick knew he would likely get asked about Stones plans & I'm sure he wouldn't want to answer in a chat designed to advertise his solo CD.
If anyone knows how to handle himself with any "challenging" questions, it's Mick!!! His tongue-in-cheek, dismissive answers are standard Mick-fare. I thought some of his answers were amusing.

I really wanted to go to the chat but had other engagements.
02-09-02 10:19 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Who gives a rat's ass about Mick's new CD. I want the friggin' Stones. Period.
02-10-02 08:08 PM
Miss U. Yes I know U do, babe!
02-12-02 01:22 AM
Cardinal Ximinez If you ever decide to wrestle women...I wanna watch!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.