ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger en España el fin de semana pasado
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If you're not sure how to spend those £2,500.00 you have under your pillow... Return to archive
01-30-02 03:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Fuck, this is toooooo much, £2,500.00 for a CD!!! I received this message from Roy Ford (eil)

Here's your chance to own the Rolling Stones CD which has
been quoted in the UK's Record Collector magazine as...
"THE RAREST ROLLING STONES CD IN THE WORLD"
I've included all the information below but if you require any
further information please don't hesitate to contact me...

94/95 Voodoo Lounge Tour Souvenir
Legendary Japanese 18-track promotional-only CD sampler issued
to commemorate the Japanese leg of their Voodoo Lounge World
Tour at the "Big Egg" Tokyo Dome in April 1995. In great custom
picture sleeve insert depicting Mick and Keith live on stage!
Catalogue number SPCD-1481

tracklisting:
1. Love Is Strong
2. Tumbling Dice
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Miss You
5. Out Of Tears
6. Beast Of Burden
7. I Go Wild
8. Rocks Off
9. Sparks Will Fly
10. Undercover Of The Night
11. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
12. Suck On The Jugular
13. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll (But I Like It)
14. The Worst
15. Start Me Up
16. Blinded By Rainbows
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumping Jack Flash

the ULTIMATE collectors item for £2500

If you want to buy it... go for it NOW before is too late: http://eil.com/shop/MoreInfo.asp?CatalogID=206730&Price=2,500.00&Order=Buy+NOW%21&Pre=0&Out=0&Hot=True
01-30-02 03:22 PM
Maxlugar What the hell makes that so rare?

01-30-02 04:12 PM
Joey Ronnie was too " ill " to perform that night so Mick Taylor received the call to fill in for him .

Thus the price tag .

" Bite Me Ronnie '

Joey von Taylorily kink
01-30-02 04:35 PM
sandrew Yeah, we all know who gets too "ill" for gigs these days - and it ain't Ronnie (who, I have to admit, could frequently use that excuse).
01-30-02 05:21 PM
The Eggman NO really

Mick Taylor filled in?
01-30-02 05:29 PM
Joey You both make Joey very sad .
01-30-02 05:43 PM
sandrew Hey, it hurts me too. The guy is probably my favorite guitar player, so it gives me no pleasure to ridicule him. Just callin' 'em as I see 'em.
01-31-02 11:14 AM
Mathijs This title is so expensive since there are only 4 or 5 copies known. Futher, if you think this is expensive, Led Zeppelin and Beatles rarities can fetch a lot more. There's an American promocopy of Led Zep 1 that goes for 10.000 pounds, if found at all, only two copies are known.

Mathijs
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Rolling Stones in Review

http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/

The Lowdown on the Guitars of Keith Richards
Bootleg Reviews
Brussels Affair 1973
Vinyl Gang Productions / The Swingin' Pig
----------------------------------------------------------------
02-09-02 02:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
...if you think this is expensive, Led Zeppelin and Beatles rarities can fetch a lot more. There's an American promocopy of Led Zep 1 that goes for 10.000 pounds, if found at all, only two copies are known.

According to Jerry Osborne's Official Price Guide to Records 2001, 15th Edition ( http://www.jerryosborne.com ), the Picture Sleeve London 909 "Street Fighting Man" is valued in between $8,000 and $12,000 USD, Thus far, approximately 12 copies are known to exist). This is the most expensive Rolling Stones record.

Well it was sold in an e-bay auction this week at the modic price of $11,900.00, and it was a great price as it had a bonus package with a bonus to the winner the ENTIRE set of Rolling Stones LONDON pictire sleeves AND an original BEAST OF BURDEN sleeve in MINT condition. The rest of the LONDON sleeves grade as follows: NOT FADE AWAY: VG++/ TELL ME: NM/ ITS ALL OVER NOW: NM/ TIME IS ON MY SIDE: M/ HEART OF STONE: VG++/ THE LAST TIME:VG++/ SATISFACTION: NM/ GET OFF MY CLOUD: VG++/ AS TEARS GO BY: NM/ 19th NERVOUS BREAKDOWN: VG++/ PAINT IT BLACK: M/ MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER:NM/ HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER:VG++/ LETS SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER: VG+/ DANDELION: NM/ IN ANOTHR LAND: M/ SHES A RAINBOW: M/ JUMPIN JACK FLASH: M/ HONKY TONK WOMEN: VG++.

Just the Beast Of Burden an Rolling Stones Records code 19309 is valued between $1,000 and $2,000 USD, and the rest of the London collection including in the Bonus is valued at

Heart of Stone: $650.00 USD
Not Fade Away: $300.00 USD
Time is on my Side $125.00

The rest in between $15 to $100 USD

So even that he paid $11,900 USD (P&H with insurance included LOL), he made a great buy... well collectors only!

These are the front and back cover of the most expensive Rolling Stones item (music only)

This is the cover of the Beast of Burden $2,000 USD

this was the bonus collection

Congratulations to the proud winner, I hope the collection not to be lost when he die, as it uses to happen.

This is the cover of my book

02-09-02 02:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Even that the auction is closed, it can be seen on line for 90 days at http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1508346741&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.