ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan-themed "Cold Case" airing this Sunday Return to archive
16th February 2007 02:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Friday, February 16, 2007
Bob Dylan-themed "Cold Case" airing this Sunday
The Rock Radio Online

Bob Dylan will be featured prominently on this week's episode of the CBS crime-drama Cold Case. Eight Dylan songs, plus a storyline based around some of his best known work, will be included in the episode named after his landmark 1975 album Blood On The Tracks.

Cold Case writer Gavin Davis wrote the episode, and told Rolling Stone magazine that he had his choice of Dylan songs to use, and incorporated both Dylan's music and life into the storyline, explaining that, "I used Johanna as a character's name, and some of the lines (in 'Visions Of Johanna') described her... For me, what got the story going was paralleling Dylan's real life -- this iconic figure in the '60s who by the '70s and the '80s was sort of locked into being a protest artist. The people I was writing about are sort of similar; they were stuck in this moment and trying to move past it."

The Dylan songs included in the "Blood On The Tracks" episode of Cold Case are "The Times They Are A-Changin'," "All Along The Watchtower," "Ballad Of A Thin Man," "Positively 4th Street," "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," "Simple Twist Of Fate," "Like A Rolling Stone," and "Thunder On The Mountain" from his recent Grammy-award winning Modern Times album.

Last year the producers of Cold Case used several Bruce Springsteen songs as the springboard for an episode, and currently have plans to do the same with other artists, including Elton John. The show, which uses flashback scenes in the episodes, has also used songs by Cream and the Byrds.

The Bob Dylan-themed episode of Cold Case airs on Sunday (February 18th) on CBS at 9 p.m. Check your local listings for stations and times.

Rolling Stone magazine's associate editor Austin Scaggs told us that Dylan is more involved in the business side of his career than most fans think: "I think that Dylan's probably way involved with the business aspect of it, or more... You know, he makes decisions that we think he might not consider, or might not take the time to debate. I mean, I know that he has two managers. I've seen him backstage a couple of times having real intense discussions. There have got to be so many business interests, whether it's new records, reissues -- that's just the surface of it that we know about."

Earlier this week, Dylan won two Grammy's for his latest album Modern Times, snagging the awards for Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for the song "Someday Baby," and Best Contemporary Folk/Americana Album.
16th February 2007 07:39 PM
fireontheplatter awesome.
i love dyland and this show is pretty good.
i will look for it.
16th February 2007 07:45 PM
glencar Ugh! The show is pretty annoying. I'll watch anyway...
16th February 2007 08:12 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Rolling Stone magazine's associate editor Austin Scaggs told us that Dylan is more involved in the business side of his career than most fans think:

Boz's kid.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)