ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to play Isle of Wight festival? - NME Return to archive
14th February 2007 05:00 AM
Gazza It's not on their website yet, but the latest edition of the NME, on sale today, reports that the Stones are rumoured to be headlining this year's Isle of Wight Festival which takes place from 8-10 June.

Sounds implausible in many ways as the Stones dont tend to play festivals, but the NME are usually a reliable source of info and with the tour being announced at relatively short notice and the band having already played the UK last year without any cancellations, it could be realistic if they're aiming for a younger audience and if (as likely) theyre not planning to play too many British shows this summer.

The main downside is that unless you live in the south of England, access to the IOW is probably going to be a nightmare and will put a few potential tourists off going as it involves a ferry crossing from one of the south coast ports (Portsmouth, Southampton etc).

More general info on the festival here (no Stones content, though)
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/festivals/festival.cfm?eventid=3961&dbtable=eventgroup§ion=eventhome

Bring your tents.

(thanks to Adrian L for the text message)

[Edited by Gazza]
14th February 2007 06:34 AM
oldkr Wouldn't surprise me at all sounds good schedule-wise! I'm happy for all of you. Sadly due to some visa nonsense I will not be in Europe this summer, there better be a decent boot!

OLDKR
14th February 2007 07:15 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I was uprised that they didnt do a festival during licks. That was an album that was more likely to win over a younger audience.
14th February 2007 07:20 AM
Gazza well, theyre still touring behind it so maybe this is their chance!
14th February 2007 07:24 AM
oldkr Post of the fucking day Gazza!

OLDKR
14th February 2007 07:59 AM
Gazza well, its early yet!. Sorry to hear you wont be over this summer. Thats too bad.
[Edited by Gazza]
14th February 2007 08:24 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well, theyre still touring behind it so maybe this is their chance!

Doh!
14th February 2007 11:00 AM
Saint Sway whats with them doing all the festival gigs. First SXSW with Mac, and now Isle of Wright

those are gonna be great shows!
14th February 2007 12:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me at all sounds good schedule-wise! I'm happy for all of you. Sadly due to some visa nonsense I will not be in Europe this summer, there better be a decent boot!

OLDKR

Sorry to hear that oldkr. You leave the UK and noe they won't let you back!
14th February 2007 01:09 PM
mojoman you need a visa to get into the UK now?
14th February 2007 02:00 PM
Flairville Oldkr try and get these visa issues sorted!! Ben
14th February 2007 04:19 PM
glencar Why hasn't there been a tour announcement yet? People are waiting...
14th February 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza well..it took them weeks to cancel the shows last year even though everyone knew about it, so I guess its par for the course.
14th February 2007 04:48 PM
Saint Sway its never too soon to pay for your new $100 Extended Legacy Membership on RS dot con
14th February 2007 05:03 PM
gimmekeef No announcement till Keith returns safely from the Caribean.......
14th February 2007 05:25 PM
Gazza With Keith's track record on the eve of recent tours, he's at risk returning from the crapper, let alone the Caribbean
15th February 2007 12:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It's not on their website yet, but the latest edition of the NME, on sale today, reports that the Stones are rumoured to be headlining this year's Isle of Wight Festival which takes place from 8-10 June.

Sounds implausible in many ways as the Stones dont tend to play festivals, but the NME are usually a reliable source of info and with the tour being announced at relatively short notice and the band having already played the UK last year without any cancellations, it could be realistic if they're aiming for a younger audience and if (as likely) theyre not planning to play too many British shows this summer.

The main downside is that unless you live in the south of England, access to the IOW is probably going to be a nightmare and will put a few potential tourists off going as it involves a ferry crossing from one of the south coast ports (Portsmouth, Southampton etc).

More general info on the festival here (no Stones content, though)
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/festivals/festival.cfm?eventid=3961&dbtable=eventgroup§ion=eventhome

Bring your tents.

(thanks to Adrian L for the text message)

[Edited by Gazza]

This is wonderful news .

Many classic bands have played the IOW festival over the years ( see : THE WHO ) , but never the Rolling Stones .

Oooooooooooooo !

Wouldn't it be nice if both the Stones AND the Who played IOW this year ....................?!

Developing ..................................

Snaggle Joe !
15th February 2007 02:05 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Gazza wrote:
With Keith's track record on the eve of recent tours, he's at risk returning from the crapper, let alone the Caribbean

Oh man, that's fucking priceless!
15th February 2007 05:59 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

This is wonderful news .

Many classic bands have played the IOW festival over the years ( see : THE WHO ) , but never the Rolling Stones .

Oooooooooooooo !

Wouldn't it be nice if both the Stones AND the Who played IOW this year ....................?!

Developing ..................................

Snaggle Joe !

When the scientists next study what idiots dream about, this post must be sent in!
15th February 2007 06:03 PM
Joey " When the scientists next study what idiots dream about, this post must be sent in!"

[kins]
[Edited by Joey]
15th February 2007 06:04 PM
glencar Joey, all I see is a box saying "This image hosted by tripod" Is it another cat picture?
15th February 2007 06:06 PM
Joey " Joey, all I see is a box "
15th February 2007 06:13 PM
glencar Love to love you baby!
15th February 2007 07:02 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Joey, all I see is a box "

can't get my eyes off that box
16th February 2007 11:01 AM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

can't get my eyes off that box

www.Christishake.com

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)