ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Photo of Keith in Pirates III Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th February 2007 06:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot I forsee many reviews that say that he steals the show.

This is a role that he was born to play.
12th February 2007 06:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I forsee many reviews that say that he steals the show.

This is a role that he was born to play.

I agree, my Nova-driving friend.
12th February 2007 07:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Eh...it's not driving anywhere yet. It needed some serious attention, mechanically speaking. I ended up having to get a new carb for it, and a bunch of other stuff that reared it's ugly head when we took the thing apart. Should be ready to go this weekend...maybe. Depends on if the weather holds up my parts delivery.

I may be being a little picky, but I only wanna do this once. So it needs to be done right the first time, and that takes a little extra time. You know?

How do you feel about the color "black cherry"?
12th February 2007 07:14 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Eh...it's not driving anywhere yet. It needed some serious attention, mechanically speaking. I ended up having to get a new carb for it, and a bunch of other stuff that reared it's ugly head when we took the thing apart. Should be ready to go this weekend...maybe. Depends on if the weather holds up my parts delivery.

I may be being a little picky, but I only wanna do this once. So it needs to be done right the first time, and that takes a little extra time. You know?

How do you feel about the color "black cherry"?

You should be very picky while fixing your car up...it's your project...don't do anything half-ass. Black cherry sounds nice...I bet your car is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see the photos of the transformation.

I never told you that my first car was a 1975 Nova, did I? It wasn't what I would have liked to have driven...I was a real girly-girl, and really embarrassed to drive a "guy" car...it was just my dad's way of having a muscle car to work on. It was really nice...tough little car..and my dad did install a really nice stereo and speaker system.
12th February 2007 07:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot No way! You're a Nova girl! Was it the 6 cyl sedan or was it the V8 coupe? Honestly, I was never a big Nova fan from back in the day. I was more of a Chevelle guy. But the deal on this was just to sweet to walk away from.

You understand why I had to get an "SS", right? How vain is THAT? LOL!

I hope it ends up amazing, both in mechanics and cosmetics. That's what I'm shooting for anyhow. When I first saw the car, I got a vision of what I wanted in my head. I'm just trying to follow that vision.

You'd look better in the passenger seat than my dog Bubba, that's for damn sure.

12th February 2007 07:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
No way! You're a Nova girl! Was it the 6 cyl sedan or was it the V8 coupe? Honestly, I was never a big Nova fan from back in the day. I was more of a Chevelle guy. But the deal on this was just to sweet to walk away from.

You understand why I had to get an "SS", right? How vain is THAT? LOL!

I hope it ends up amazing, both in mechanics and cosmetics. That's what I'm shooting for anyhow. When I first saw the car, I got a vision of what I wanted in my head. I'm just trying to follow that vision.

You'd look better in the passenger seat than my dog Bubba, that's for damn sure.

It was the V8 Coupe. My dad fixed it up really nice - new upholstery, paint job, etc... It was just a mismatch with the car and me. It was way too big and loud for my taste - but all the guys at school loved it.

You're the type of guy who drives a muscle car. I think it's going to look great, and I hope you enjoy driving the hell out of it soon. Just imagine the awesome road trips you can take with your son. I bet he is thrilled - and think of all the bonding you two guys can do over this car.
Do you ever watch "Overhaulin'"? They do amazing transformations on those cars. If I lived near you, I'd try to get them to do your car. Cause I think you're one of the coolest posters ever.
12th February 2007 08:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Chip Foose is like a god figure in the muscle car world. If Xibit came walking up to my front door, I'd turn him down and send him away. Chip Foose, on the other hand, would be given free run. I would fall down and bow at his feet. He's an artist, not a pimp or a redneck. Overhaulin' is one of my fave shows. He's out on the west coast though...no chance of me ever getting Overhauled...sniff sniff. I appreciate the sentiment though.

You know, I was looking around for a new car, and I just couldn't find anything that struck a chord with me. Detroit is just turning out a bunch of bland soccer mom cars...and NASCAR dad trucks. Cookie cutter crap built to last 5 years. There's just nothing out there for someone like me. So I had to go old school.

It already has a good audio system in it. And it's perfect for me because it's a cassette deck and I can run my iPod into it with the cassette adapter. And it needs to be loud with the new exhaust system I put on it. If it wasn't loud, you'd never hear the damn music over the pipes.

We've already picked out a couple of car show/cruises to hit this summer. One of 'em is in Ocean City MD. They let you drive on the boardwalk. In the evenings they close off a couple of blocks of the main drag to let the cruisers have a bit of fun...you know, do burn outs and wheel stands and shit. My boy tried to convince me today to let him do some work on the Nova. I'll let him hold the flashlight and hand me stuff...but ain't no way he's turnin' a wrench on it. He thinks he's gonna get to drive it when he turns 16. No, no fuckin' way. I've seen him drive go-karts, no way he's drivin' the Nova.

We are also gonna go down to Maple Grove Speedway for their annual Chevy Weekend. He's gonna lose his mind when he sees me screamin' down that 1/4 mile. I don't think his mom is real crazy about that idea though. Tough titty.
12th February 2007 08:34 PM
speedfreakjive nice pic - just hope he's got more than 15 mins in the film!!!

speedy
12th February 2007 09:08 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

We've already picked out a couple of car show/cruises to hit this summer. One of 'em is in Ocean City MD. They let you drive on the boardwalk. In the evenings they close off a couple of blocks of the main drag to let the cruisers have a bit of fun...you know, do burn outs and wheel stands and shit.

OC rules. My friend's dad goes down to that thing every year, he has a Nova as well. Its fucking LOUD
12th February 2007 10:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot That's cool Mikey...maybe I'll run into him down there.

Does he go to the one in May or the one in October?
13th February 2007 03:42 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You, my friend, are A-list in my book.
Keep on postin' all that GOLD that we've become so accustomed to!

Thanks baby, you rule

ps :Stonesy, cherry red is a great choice for your super car
13th February 2007 06:22 AM
charlotte my first car was a 72 dark blue Chevelle! !
I put in an excellent stereo system and I belted out some serious rock...it was one bad mf ride! took it to Myrtle Beach many times!

oh yeah, back on topic: thanks for the picture
13th February 2007 11:02 AM
Sir Stonesalot I had a 72 Chevelle SS too Charlotte! They kid I got it from put a 454 big block in it. That thing was a monster.

It was absolutely terrible to drive in bad weather though. I totalled it in a sudden snow squal on my way home from hanging drywall in Syracuse NY.

Man I loved that car.

But you know what car got me more poonie than anything else I ever owned? '69 VW Bug. It was flame orange...and it drew in the chicks like moths to a flame.
14th February 2007 02:16 PM
stewed & Keefed http://www.flynetonline.com

14th February 2007 02:48 PM
Joey
quote:
*ginda wrote:

Keith stood tall at Altamont but the true pirate was Marty Balin. He did more than talk.

ginda ........................................

Is Marty Balin gay ?!

15th February 2007 12:54 PM
Jeep It seems that the pix is not a pix in fact...
A kind of photoshop job ??

15th February 2007 01:03 PM
MikeyC613 May, SS
15th February 2007 02:05 PM
*ginda
quote:
Joey wrote:
ginda ........................................
Is Marty Balin gay ?!

Is that the rumor? Best consult the resident Hardy Boys to investigate and report back.
15th February 2007 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
*ginda wrote:

Best consult the resident Hardy Boys to investigate and report back.

ginda ................................................

You are on fire !
15th February 2007 06:01 PM
glencar Ironically, Tom Cruise is about to make a Hardy Boys movie.
15th February 2007 06:18 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ironically, Tom Cruise is about to make a Hardy Boys movie.

Now THAT is mircale on ice postin' .
16th February 2007 03:48 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jeep wrote:
It seems that the pix is not a pix in fact...
A kind of photoshop job ??

I don't know, it looks like a normal pic to me!
Not to mention it reminds me a lot of Keith's room with the bookcase
And look on the right - you can tell where Jack Sparrow got his taste for rum
[Edited by FotiniD]
16th February 2007 05:49 AM
Jumping Jack Looks like the artwork for the storyboard used to build the sets.
16th February 2007 10:36 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Now THAT is mircale on ice postin' .

You have always been a genius at recognizing genius!
16th February 2007 10:59 AM
Joey " You have always been a genius "

That's right.

-- "He is relentless...a relentless GENIUS!!! Long may The Joey and his keyboard live!!!", Steve Couzzo- Posting World Magazine.
18th February 2007 08:37 PM
gypsy This was posted in IORR, with thanks to Dave.
It is the Sunday Mail, February 11, 2007.

18th February 2007 08:40 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Jeep wrote:

that's cool as fuck

I just made it my wallpaper
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)