ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Norah Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th February 2007 11:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:
B-O-R-I-N-G

and she stole Brian's last name

lol

You stole his first AND last names, though!
13th February 2007 11:59 AM
Saint Sway I thought her duet with Keith on Love Hurts & Wild Horses was great.

She's also sung Keith's "The Worst" in her shows.
13th February 2007 12:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Her new album contains anti-Bush songs. I'll pass!

So does ABB.

in fact, the Stones despise Bush.

I dont know if you've noticed, but pretty much most recording artists today are anti-Bush

if you refuse to listen to every artist that is against him, you'll be stuck listening to Toby Keith.
13th February 2007 12:04 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

but pretty much most recording artists today are anti-Bush

You make Bono cry like a baby!
13th February 2007 12:20 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

So does ABB.

in fact, the Stones despise Bush.

I dont know if you've noticed, but pretty much most recording artists today are anti-Bush

if you refuse to listen to every artist that is against him, you'll be stuck listening to Toby Keith.

fuckin'LOL!!
13th February 2007 03:21 PM
glencar Sway, the difference is I like the Stones enough to ignore their Bush diatribe. I'm on teh fence about N. Jones & reading about her nonsensical dribblings makes me NOT buy her product.
13th February 2007 03:22 PM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Pretty tame, as far as that stuff goes. She's young, impressionable, and lives in a milieu of rich East Village bohemians. It'd be hard, under those circumstances, to come out with a "fair and balanced" view of things, if ya know what I mean.
[Edited by Mel Belli]

That's a valid point.
13th February 2007 09:28 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
You stole his first AND last names, though!

I sure did!
14th February 2007 04:33 PM
glencar Just leave his bones alone!
15th February 2007 07:33 PM
Stonesthrow Everybody knows that all of Norah's grammys are just to make up for slighting Ravi Shankar all these years.

15th February 2007 10:56 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
That "Don't Know Why" song was alright, but the followup album sounded like a real snoozer even by comparison. Still, she ain't all bad. And her winning all those Grammys? It's what the industry does; annoint a new champ, reward them for selling all those units and then move on to the next hit thing. We're talking about an academy of music giving out awards for "Tie the Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" while the Stones were tearing it up or giving Herb Alpert record of the year during the British Invasion.

They're less out of step now than they used to be, but it's barely any different than the Billboard awards. Critical say means little. At least the movie industry gets high profile critical faves to win because the well-received movies actually get promoted by the production companies whereas record companies will do little to get their critically acclaimed records out into the public. They're such pussies they're afraid to take a chance even if means success. So they stick with what works and we all scorn them for it. In 20 years, all the great work being done today will get its due and the Grammy winners will be a collection of has-beens and head scratchers.

Remember folks, big winner in 1980 was Christopher Cross... yes, Christopher Cross. Sometimes critical praise will cause the Grammys to cave in and give an award to an old time act that deserves its due (see Bob Dylan, Steely Dan and the overcompensating drool for U2) or sometimes it takes a monster hit for that artist to get honoured (ie. Santana). Plus, it can't hurt when you've just recently died (ie. Ray Charles, John Lennon).

Hey, I was quickly going through the usual and came across something that actually struck my interest. Great post. Thanks man, I really enjoyed reading it

Your post makes a lot of sense to me. It sums how I feel about the Grammys. I really don't think a whole lot about the Grammys. I know it gives out musical awards and shit like that. Some folks feel a duty to look at it, to study it, to comment on it. They pay attention to who won or who lost or, for that matter, to who wasn't nominated. Like it's important stuff. Like it's really something. It was on even in my house but I wasn't interested. Someone yelled the Police are on and I didn't even twitch. Didn't look at it or steal a glance at the tube. Does the drummer where glasses now???? Someone said he did. The Grammys??? It's not really my cup of tea.

Norah Jones??? Can't say I think a lot about her too. Sure, she's pretty so you got the stray moment here or there. Thoughts come and go like that. It's part of life. Musically, she not where I'm at. Now, Alicia Keys thats a different story. Bobby D's been thinking about her a whole lot lately. He's been wondering where in the world she could possibly be. Some say he's even been looking for her in Tennessee. Well, now isn't that really something? I wouldn't have made the connection but Bobby D apparently already has.

[Edited by time is on my side]
16th February 2007 07:59 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Hey, I was quickly going through the usual and came across something that actually struck my interest. Great post. Thanks man, I really enjoyed reading it

Your post makes a lot of sense to me. It sums how I feel about the Grammys. I really don't think a whole lot about the Grammys. I know it gives out musical awards and shit like that. Some folks feel a duty to look at it, to study it, to comment on it. They pay attention to who won or who lost or, for that matter, to who wasn't nominated. Like it's important stuff. Like it's really something. It was on even in my house but I wasn't interested. Someone yelled the Police are on and I didn't even twitch. Didn't look at it or steal a glance at the tube. Does the drummer where glasses now???? Someone said he did. The Grammys??? It's not really my cup of tea.

Norah Jones??? Can't say I think a lot about her too. Sure, she's pretty so you got the stray moment here or there. Thoughts come and go like that. It's part of life. Musically, she not where I'm at. Now, Alicia Keys thats a different story. Bobby D's been thinking about her a whole lot lately. He's been wondering where in the world she could possibly be. Some say he's even been looking for her in Tennessee. Well, now isn't that really something? I wouldn't have made the connection but Bobby D apparently already has.

[Edited by time is on my side]

if the police singing together for the first time in eons doesn't make you twitch...what does?

you may need a nice cup of english breakfast tea ...

17th February 2007 12:05 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like her!

Just...."like her?" Hell, I'd do her eight ways from Sunday! Plus let her tie me up and whip my gnarlies.
17th February 2007 07:06 AM
glencar Rwrr...
17th February 2007 09:21 AM
lotsajizz she is dullsville
18th February 2007 05:37 PM
Stones Security And if anyone knows dull....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)