ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Norah Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th February 2007 07:02 PM
glencar I like her!
11th February 2007 07:13 PM
Gazza The time she was up against "The Rising" for about seven or eight Grammys and won every friggin' one of them was one of the great injustices in the history of that ceremony and enough to put me off her for life....!
11th February 2007 08:08 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The time she was up against "The Rising" for about seven or eight Grammys and won every friggin' one of them was one of the great injustices in the history of that ceremony and enough to put me off her for life....!

the grammys are a joke they are about the biz not the music
11th February 2007 08:27 PM
mrhipfl she's really good, I like her too. She's pretty as well.
11th February 2007 10:25 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The time she was up against "The Rising" for about seven or eight Grammys and won every friggin' one of them was one of the great injustices in the history of that ceremony and enough to put me off her for life....!

lol..
yeah, me too -
but she is lovely ...
her music becomes slightly redundant after a while though..
i loved that song but an entire cd of that is too much.still, a nice antidote from the britneys of music.
she needs an edgier producer.
11th February 2007 10:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
texile wrote:

lol..
yeah, me too -
but she is lovely ...
her music becomes slightly redundant after a while though..
i loved that song but an entire cd of that is too much.still, a nice antidote from the britneys of music.
she needs an edgier producer.

i'd like to "produce" something with her!
[Edited by mojoman]
12th February 2007 12:30 AM
Taptrick My wife has a Norah Jones CD - we use it to go to sleep sometimes. Seriously, I don't mean that as a salp at Norah. She's rather soothing. It's just not music I focus on - it's music I go to sleep to.
12th February 2007 12:38 AM
Brainbell Jangler She's one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoy her music,too.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
12th February 2007 01:45 AM
Zack
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
She's one of my guilty pleasures. I enjoy her music,too.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]

Indeed, sexy as hell. Her new CD was supposed to be different from the first two, but it sounds just the same. Good, but the same.
12th February 2007 03:24 AM
thejuf She joined Tim Ries on his Rolling Stones Project!
12th February 2007 03:42 AM
Prodigal Son That "Don't Know Why" song was alright, but the followup album sounded like a real snoozer even by comparison. Still, she ain't all bad. And her winning all those Grammys? It's what the industry does; annoint a new champ, reward them for selling all those units and then move on to the next hit thing. We're talking about an academy of music giving out awards for "Tie the Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" while the Stones were tearing it up or giving Herb Alpert record of the year during the British Invasion.

They're less out of step now than they used to be, but it's barely any different than the Billboard awards. Critical say means little. At least the movie industry gets high profile critical faves to win because the well-received movies actually get promoted by the production companies whereas record companies will do little to get their critically acclaimed records out into the public. They're such pussies they're afraid to take a chance even if means success. So they stick with what works and we all scorn them for it. In 20 years, all the great work being done today will get its due and the Grammy winners will be a collection of has-beens and head scratchers.

Remember folks, big winner in 1980 was Christopher Cross... yes, Christopher Cross. Sometimes critical praise will cause the Grammys to cave in and give an award to an old time act that deserves its due (see Bob Dylan, Steely Dan and the overcompensating drool for U2) or sometimes it takes a monster hit for that artist to get honoured (ie. Santana). Plus, it can't hurt when you've just recently died (ie. Ray Charles, John Lennon).
12th February 2007 04:00 AM
jostorm Tim Ries sucks.

And, musically speaking, Tim Ries is but Norah Jones's merkin....
12th February 2007 07:01 AM
Factory Girl She's a pretty girl. Her music is just bores me to tears.
12th February 2007 07:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
She's a pretty girl. Her music is just bores me to tears.

+ 1
not as boring as James Blunt but boring...
12th February 2007 07:49 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

They're less out of step now than they used to be, but it's barely any different than the Billboard awards. Critical say means little. At least the movie industry gets high profile critical faves to win because the well-received movies actually get promoted by the production companies whereas record companies will do little to get their critically acclaimed records out into the public.

I see what you're saying here, but there's a big difference between the two industries. A lot of Hollywood's critical raves are just as unknown to the general public as the "critically acclaimed records." But the boutique prestige movies have big stars attached to them: The average joe may not have heard of "Letters From Iwo Jima," but they know who Clint Eastwood is.

Conversely, at the Grammys, to have the equivalent of rock-media indie darlings winning most of the awards -- that would make for a very odd primetime television broadcast, to say the least.
12th February 2007 08:25 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Tim Ries sucks.

And, musically speaking, Tim Ries is but Norah Jones's merkin....

LMAO...
12th February 2007 10:22 AM
nanatod Tina Fey once did a joke on SNL about it being Norah Jones' birthday; Norah was turning 25 years old, and her fans were turning 50.

12th February 2007 11:12 AM
SweetVirginia My kids always call her "Snora Jones" or "Bore-a Jones"

Beautiful voice, but sooooo boring.

12th February 2007 11:24 AM
PartyDoll MEG Beautiul voice..but I've had enough of her.
It is really bad when she is the "canned music" in every fine dining restaurant you go to!!!
12th February 2007 05:17 PM
fireontheplatter i was talking to a friend about her last night before the grammy awards...she is talanted, but i don't give a shit
give me chrissy hynde any day
now she is so fucking precious
12th February 2007 05:24 PM
fireontheplatter i forgot about cary underwood
ahhhhhh can you say move over dolly parton....
this gal has twang
12th February 2007 05:24 PM
texile i had originally thought she was a singer-songwriter so i was impressed but then i found out she didn't write her own songs....
even the blunt guy - he's annoying, but at least he's a writer...
still, jones seems humble and genuine.
12th February 2007 05:30 PM
gypsy
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
She's a pretty girl. Her music is just bores me to tears.

Same here. She has a great voice...but her music is just so blah.
12th February 2007 11:36 PM
Brian Jones Girl B-O-R-I-N-G

and she stole Brian's last name

lol
13th February 2007 01:56 AM
Freejack
Nora and Keith
13th February 2007 06:27 AM
Madafaka If I have to listening boring music, I prefer Carla Bruni!
13th February 2007 07:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
If I have to listening boring music, I prefer Carla Bruni!

LOL!! Carla Bruni is a disaster with a guitar!!!
13th February 2007 07:21 AM
glencar Her new album contains anti-Bush songs. I'll pass!
13th February 2007 09:02 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Her new album contains anti-Bush songs. I'll pass!

Pretty tame, as far as that stuff goes. She's young, impressionable, and lives in a milieu of rich East Village bohemians. It'd be hard, under those circumstances, to come out with a "fair and balanced" view of things, if ya know what I mean.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
13th February 2007 11:12 AM
jostorm Hmmm....

Saw a clip of Bush last night, and to my utter surprise, he called out " I'M PROUD TO BE A MERKIN!!!"

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)