ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Đ 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: nsc: Bon Scott appreciation Return to archive
9th February 2007 06:50 AM
Homercles Anyone else here think that Bon Scott is all too often overlooked & underappreciated by the masses as a rock icon?
Rock in peace Bon...

9th February 2007 08:05 AM
sirmoonie ....with Bon Scott singing 'Let there be rock'.....with Bon Scott singing 'Let there be rock'....with Bon Scott singing 'Let there be rock'.....
9th February 2007 09:33 PM
fireontheplatter he was the best ever singer for ac/dc
9th February 2007 11:48 PM
Bruno Yes, I do. He should have a much more larger worship than, say, Jim Morrison, IMO. Bon is in my top five of the best rock singers ever, for sure.

He deserved a Nobel for the way he sings "And it's another red light nightmare, another red light street, and I ain't too old to hurry cause I ain't too old to die but I sure am hard to beat".

Iīll have a son some day and heīll know and hear Bon Scott.
11th February 2007 06:04 PM
no night together my son already does bruno. we sang bad boy boogie today. a good reason to have a son.
bon is within my top 5 as well, and it's hard for me to listen to acdc after highway to hell.

11th February 2007 06:13 PM
MikeyC613 Bon is an incredible vocalist. Made AC/DC more of a fun rock and roll band than the 80s metal sheen that brian johnson brought. if you want blood, you got it
11th February 2007 06:19 PM
trevcourt Try this on...

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=130543

11th February 2007 07:38 PM
CraigP R.I.P Bon. A true legend.

AC/DC was very lucky to find Johnson, who I beleive delivered under SO much pressure.
He saved Ac/Dc.

But we can never forget the Bon.
11th February 2007 08:17 PM
Bruno
quote:
no night together wrote:
my son already does bruno. we sang bad boy boogie today. a good reason to have a son.
bon is within my top 5 as well, and it's hard for me to listen to acdc after highway to hell.

Cool! Iīd love to have a kid to sing Night Prowler with! A bit sinister, I know, but he wouldnīt know English anyway...
11th February 2007 08:29 PM
rogerriffin Not only the best AC/DC vocalist , itīs the Icon, the True Image of Rockīn Roll Singer, Rough, Dirty, Riff Raff indeed.

School Days Bonīs version is killer!

Rock In Peace Ronald Belford Scott.
13th February 2007 08:45 PM
no night together Is it me or: I find a hidden sense of humor in bon's voice, something pretty rare I'd say. I a list of humor nuanced rock voices I'd rate 1) bon 2) david lee roth and not many others.
I am not talking bout lyrics or explicit laughs, just a shade od humour in the voice.
Bruno, my son sings english lyrics but does nt quite understand me, that saves me from explaining the meaning (by now, he' 7)
13th February 2007 08:54 PM
pdog He was cool as fuck...Ac/Dc is cool as fuck...
I don't own any of the records after he passed, not even Back In Black!
13th February 2007 09:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
no night together wrote:
Is it me or: I find a hidden sense of humor in bon's voice, something pretty rare I'd say. I a list of humor nuanced rock voices I'd rate 1) bon 2) david lee roth and not many others.
I am not talking bout lyrics or explicit laughs, just a shade od humour in the voice.
Bruno, my son sings english lyrics but does nt quite understand me, that saves me from explaining the meaning (by now, he' 7)

Oh hell yeah, he was cracking up singing all the Satanic stuff, the guy was hilarious.
13th February 2007 10:39 PM
Bruno
quote:
no night together wrote:
Is it me or: I find a hidden sense of humor in bon's voice, something pretty rare I'd say. I a list of humor nuanced rock voices I'd rate 1) bon 2) david lee roth and not many others.

Yeah, you would be in trouble trying to explain him most of the catalogue!
13th February 2007 11:42 PM
Fiji Joe I think he was underrated...he didn't look anything like he sounded...you would have thought it was Angus singing with that voice...all that said, I like Brian Johnson better...as a vocalist...but their best music was done with Bon...except for Back in Black which was, IMO, their best...conundrums there

14th February 2007 08:19 PM
Funky Crow
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I think he was underrated...he didn't look anything like he sounded...you would have thought it was Angus singing with that voice...all that said, I like Brian Johnson better...as a vocalist...but their best music was done with Bon...except for Back in Black which was, IMO, their best...conundrums there

When you think of how big B in B was when it was released, (YES, I was there)it was such a shame that Bon wasn't there for the ride! Leaves one to only imagine what it would of sounded like?
I actually have a version of Bon doing Back in Black and
IMHO, bloody better version than Brian's.

Bon has to be one of the top 5 Rock and Roll Singers ever.
And while we are on that topic...

My Top 5 are:

Mick Jagger
Steven Tyler
Robert Plant
Bon Scott
Chris Robinson

14th February 2007 10:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Funky Crow wrote:

When you think of how big B in B was when it was released, (YES, I was there)it was such a shame that Bon wasn't there for the ride! Leaves one to only imagine what it would of sounded like?
I actually have a version of Bon doing Back in Black and
IMHO, bloody better version than Brian's.

Bon has to be one of the top 5 Rock and Roll Singers ever.
And while we are on that topic...

My Top 5 are:

Mick Jagger
Steven Tyler
Robert Plant
Bon Scott
Chris Robinson

Sherms, where does one get to hear Bon doing Back in Black? Anything else like that?
14th February 2007 11:48 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Sherms, where does one get to hear Bon doing Back in Black? Anything else like that?

i wanna know too, the only Ac/Dc bootlegs i ever heard were live shows...
15th February 2007 06:00 AM
Homercles I used to have this recording of BIB with another singer, which i downloaded off limewire - that may be the recording you are talking about. It supposed to be Bon Scott singing but it isn't Bon (definitely not Brian Johnson either). I always thought it was Stevie Wright from the Easybeats but I read somewhere else that it's Joe Lynne Turner but I don't believe that either. I think it has to be one of the blokes who auditioned for the band shortly after Bon's death. From memory Stevie Wright didn't get as far as an audition, Joe Lynn Turner definitely didn't audition, a singer by the name of Allan Fryer was George Young's preferred option, & suppposedly Jimmy Barnes also auditioned. My guess is the singer is Allan Fryer.
15th February 2007 11:01 PM
real wild child
Brian Johnson is a fuckinīpiece of shit!!!!!!!!

Bon is singin in heaven and hell...ACDC is not the same...I hate Brianīs voice...crap,crap and crap...

God bless you Bon...
16th February 2007 03:03 AM
cooheid AC/DC in concert from 1977 tonight on BBC4 in the UK at 8.30pm
16th February 2007 05:42 AM
Pierre
quote:
Homercles wrote:
I used to have this recording of BIB with another singer, which i downloaded off limewire - that may be the recording you are talking about. It supposed to be Bon Scott singing but it isn't Bon (definitely not Brian Johnson either). I always thought it was Stevie Wright from the Easybeats but I read somewhere else that it's Joe Lynne Turner but I don't believe that either. I think it has to be one of the blokes who auditioned for the band shortly after Bon's death. From memory Stevie Wright didn't get as far as an audition, Joe Lynn Turner definitely didn't audition, a singer by the name of Allan Fryer was George Young's preferred option, & suppposedly Jimmy Barnes also auditioned. My guess is the singer is Allan Fryer.

No, it's really Joe Lynn Turner, a Back in Black cover from this record

Thunderbolt: A Tribute to AC/DC

[Edited by Pierre]
16th February 2007 07:39 AM
Factory Girl I heard he died clutching a shopping list?
17th February 2007 01:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels AC/DC: Rare Live Video Of 'Baby Please Don't Go' Posted Online - Feb. 17, 2007
blabbermouth.net

To mark the 27th anniversary of AC/DC singer Bon Scott's death, a very rare video of "Baby Please Don't Go", recorded live in Sydney in 1976, has been made available for download on
www.acdc-live.com.

Bon Scott died on February 19, 1980 in London, England. He choked to death on his own vomit while sleeping in a friend's car. According to the AC/DC FAQ web site, he and the friend, a musician named Alisdair Kinnear, had been drinking the evening of the 19th and Bon apparently fell asleep during the ride home. Kinnear could not wake Bon, so he left him in the car to sleep. Kinnear awoke early in the evening on the 20th, checked on Bon, and found him unconscious in the car. Bon could not be revived, and was pronounced dead.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
17th February 2007 04:34 PM
Fiji Joe I thought Brian Johnson more or less wrote Back in Black...how could Bon have sung it?
18th February 2007 09:34 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
pdog wrote:

i wanna know too, the only Ac/Dc bootlegs i ever heard were live shows...

Does exist a bootleg called: Brian In White (actually, i`m very interested in to get it).

Thanks ten Thousand Motel for the video!
19th February 2007 03:18 AM
Pierre http://www.highwaytoacdc.com/index2.php3

a great interview, click on Bon Picture
[Edited by Pierre]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)