ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 24 this Sunday & Monday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
14th February 2007 08:39 PM
*ginda
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, just between you & me, I think he & BJ are the same. Otherwise, I'd never mention him again, quite frankly.

You really think Brainbell Jangler is FPM? Well, they are both intelligent and articulate but they are different people. I wish FPM would return too, because I always enjoyed his posts.

I've only seen 24 once and thought it was okay. I generally don't watch Fox.

Now...not to hi-jack this thread but why do you hate the Toyota Camry so much? My only complaint is that the head rests look like they were designed for Herman Munster and cut down on visibility.
14th February 2007 08:42 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
The point is why is Finnegan going to H-wood to tell 24 producers howe to do their job? And it's the military's job to tell West Pointers howe to do their own jobs. Many people who see their jobs portrayed on teevee can tell you that short cuts are taken & fantasies are obliged. But that doesn't mean that THEY follow suit. I think this Finnegan is a fraud. Maybe he wants to get the Joint Chiefs job in an upcoming Hilly admin. I sure do miss that FPM. He was one dumb flake!

I read a study on this phenomenon recently. I regret not having the link handy. Confronted with facts that contradict his point of view, Glencar either denies them (I can't believe West Point cadets are negatively influenced by "24") or looks for some ulterior motive (Finnegan is looking for a job with Hillary). He can't accept the facts at face value. He can't believe that Finnegan perceived a problem and tried to address it. It's not even a matter of stupidity (he's a bright guy) but a sort of instinctive need to maintain one's position in the face of contrary facts.
14th February 2007 08:49 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, just between you & me, I think he & BJ are the same. Otherwise, I'd never mention him again, quite frankly.

Isn't that funny. I thought you had met Fleabit. I'm not him. I've posted at least two photos of myself on this board (including one in a suit and another that Fiji described as "Wavy Gravy") so I'm surprised you'd suggest that. FPM is about a year younger than I am. We share some generational perspective and the good fortune to have been profoundly influenced in our adolescence by the writings of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. But FPM is East Coast all the way and I'm as West as they come.
14th February 2007 08:54 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Why? Ask Riffy. He started in with the ridicule of Olbermann for stating what is a clear fact. Or ask Gen. Finnegan. He crossed the continent to ask the producers of "24" to stop damaging America's image in the world and misleading West Point cadets into thinking torture is acceptable. Why change the subject to Leave It to Beaver? Admit it. Riffy was wrong.

What?...you so tied to the fringe left you can't stand an in context (that's important) goof on Olbermann?...that sent you over the edge?...you ceased making sense a while back...I meant to tell you a long time ago...my bad

My post was intentionally vague as to who it was directed to for a reason...just wanted to see who would bite...don't worry bro...I'll throw you back in the pond
14th February 2007 08:54 PM
glencar "Wavy Gravy" was a nickname for FPM.
14th February 2007 08:55 PM
glencar
quote:
*ginda wrote:

You really think Brainbell Jangler is FPM? Well, they are both intelligent and articulate but they are different people. I wish FPM would return too, because I always enjoyed his posts.

I've only seen 24 once and thought it was okay. I generally don't watch Fox.

Now...not to hi-jack this thread but why do you hate the Toyota Camry so much? My only complaint is that the head rests look like they were designed for Herman Munster and cut down on visibility.

I think Toyota is stylistically the most boring car company out there. And the Camry is THEIR dullest produit.
14th February 2007 08:55 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
LOL! It's a fucking tv show! Get over it. Please let me make this very clear to you. KEITH OLBERMAN IS A FUCKING PUTZ OF THE HIGHEST ORDER PERIOD. HE HAS AN EGO THE SIZE OF HIS FAT HEAD. There is that clear enough for you BJ? I have met him and he is the most boorish fucktard that I have ever had the displeasure to meet. He,like many on the far left,thinks he's the smartest man in the room all the time. Fuck him,and anyone that admires him.

24 is great show,and if you go around looking for a political agenda in every show then why don't tell me what you think about just about every awards show on tv? What did you think about the Grammy's? Did you see the blatantly obvious liberal bias on that show? Or do you just have a problem with shows that don't fit into your little liberal world? What's your take on David Gregory from NBC News? Is he promoting an agenda? A liberal one perhaps?

Get over it BJ. Lady Jane is not a conservative and she likes 24. Why not just give it a try and loose the political animosity that Keith Olberman and his ilk are all about. That fucktard tilts at every windmill he comes across looking for evil conservatives. He's an asshat! You don't want to be an asshat do ya BJ?

Riffy

Olbermann is in talks with CNN...
14th February 2007 08:56 PM
Fiji Joe Dude...flea struggled to put two consecutive coherent sentences together...and he did not go to Harvard...well, if he did, he didn't try to work it into every post
14th February 2007 08:57 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Dude...flea struggled to put two consecutive coherent sentences together...and he did not go to Harvard...well, if he did, he didn't try to work it into every post

LOL That's for sure! But there are similarities. I think this one is maintaining control better.
14th February 2007 08:59 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Isn't that funny. I thought you had met Fleabit. I'm not him. I've posted at least two photos of myself on this board (including one in a suit and another that Fiji described as "Wavy Gravy") so I'm surprised you'd suggest that. FPM is about a year younger than I am. We share some generational perspective and the good fortune to have been profoundly influenced in our adolescence by the writings of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. But FPM is East Coast all the way and I'm as West as they come.

Hey...please keep my "wavy gravy" comment in context...I mean tell why I even went there in the first place..I know you're all about the facts and stuff
14th February 2007 09:00 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

What?...you so tied to the fringe left you can't stand an in context (that's important) goof on Olbermann?...that sent you over the edge?...you ceased making sense a while back...I meant to tell you a long time ago...my bad

My post was intentionally vague as to who it was directed to for a reason...just wanted to see who would bite...don't worry bro...I'll throw you back in the pond

Ceased making sense? Please cite an example. Riffy's ridicule of Olbermann was contradicted, not just by his hated liberals, but by "24" executives. Who's stopped making sense? The only sense in which I don't make sense is my Quixotic insistence on treating Riffy as if he were capable of intelligent discourse instead of sloganeering.
14th February 2007 09:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG BJ..would you do little ol' partydoll a favor and just watch it one time?... Then you can argue with Riffy and Glenny or anyone you want about it and I will feel much better because you have actually seen the show.

Hey, my politics are pretty left of center and I do not feel I have compromised any principals watching this stupid TV show....I find it totally unbelievable, and yes I sometimes have to close my eyes, but it IS also very "on the edge of my seat" entertainment. Isn't that what we want from our TV shows?
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Hey...please keep my "wavy gravy" comment in context...I mean tell why I even went there in the first place..I know you're all about the facts and stuff

Pretty simple. I was just using it to refresh Glencar's memory to the fact that I had posted pictures of myself which clearly were not FPM. I'm surprised I had to explain that.
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL That's for sure! But there are similarities. I think this one is maintaining control better.

The only similarity is the penchant for getting upset at some real trivial stuff...flea never asked for my curriculum vitae before saying crazy things
14th February 2007 09:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Ceased making sense? Please cite an example. Riffy's ridicule of Olbermann was contradicted, not just by his hated liberals, but by "24" executives. Who's stopped making sense? The only sense in which I don't make sense is my Quixotic insistence on treating Riffy as if he were capable of intelligent discourse instead of sloganeering.

Dude...it was a joke...it's how us normal people convey that this is not the time nor the place to do what you're doing
14th February 2007 09:13 PM
mojoman i went to the same high school as wavy gravy
14th February 2007 09:15 PM
glencar
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Pretty simple. I was just using it to refresh Glencar's memory to the fact that I had posted pictures of myself which clearly were not FPM. I'm surprised I had to explain that.

I have not seen any such pictures.
14th February 2007 09:25 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Sloganeering? You are kidding here right BJ? C'mon my man! You are carrying Olberfuck's water and you accuse me of sloganeering?! Look I don't care what the commanding general at West Point says. I have no problem with 24 because I see it for what it is. Namely a tv show that I find very entertaining. I don't watch shows for political reasons BJ. I was mearly pointing out that Olberfuck is a hardcore smarter-than-thou liberal fucktard who lookas for conservative Republican boogiemen everywhere.

Oh,and I don't hate liberals! I have many liberal friends in fact. I do not like hard core leftists though. I have always found them to be the most hateful people around. They do a whole hell of a lot of hating. Hard left libs are absolutly swimming in hate! Go to Democratic Underground some day and you'll see what I mean.

Riffy
14th February 2007 09:49 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Plus I would like to comment on this little cherry picked quote from Rush that left leaning websites love to post with absolutly no context.

Rush was talking about the fact that the NYT had run story after story (over 40 in three weeks btw)about the torture at Abu Garibe while at the same time virtually ignoring the recent beheading of three Americans held captive by Zarqawi and his Islamic thugs. Rush was simply pointing out that what went down at Abu Garibe was comparable to frat house hazing compared to what the Islamofucks were doing. That is not the way that the hard leftists want the story told though. So they do what you have done here. Take the quote out of context and allude to the fact that he promotes torture. That is blatantly untrue,but hey,if it heps make your leftists' point so much the better,right?

Riffy
15th February 2007 12:01 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Dude...it was a joke...it's how us normal people convey that this is not the time nor the place to do what you're doing

Not the time or place? Someone else picked the time and place. I just brought the game.

"It seems that that complete fucktard, and talentless leftwing hack has decided that 24 is nothing more than propaganda for the Bush Admin! LOL!!"--Riffhard

"24" writers are "like a Hollywood television annex to the White House. It's like an auxiliary wing."--Roger Director, friend of "24" co-creator Joel Surnow

"Joel's politics suffuse the whole show."--David Nevins, "24" executive

Heckuva job, Riffy!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.markfiore.com/animation/special.html
15th February 2007 12:06 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

Here's the more recent one:

http://novogate.com/board/968/233545-16.html
15th February 2007 12:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

Here's the other one (with my lovely daughters):

"Yeah, that's the other side of this life I've been leading"
15th February 2007 12:52 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I find it totally unbelievable, and yes I sometimes have to close my eyes, but it IS also very "on the edge of my seat" entertainment. Isn't that what we want from our TV shows?

Not me. When I sit down on the couch and grab the remote, I'm looking for biting social satire cleverly disguised as light-hearted family comedy.
15th February 2007 02:44 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
KEITH OLBERMAN IS A FUCKING PUTZ OF THE HIGHEST ORDER PERIOD. HE HAS AN EGO THE SIZE OF HIS FAT HEAD.
Riffy

Olbermann has a fat head???
15th February 2007 04:04 AM
pdog I'm gonna make a joke...

One night, George W. Bush is tossing restlessly in his White House bed. He awakens to see George Washington standing by him Bush asks him, "George, what''s the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Set an honest and honorable example, just as I did, " Washington advises, and then fades away...

The next night, Bush is astir again, and sees the ghost of Thomas Jefferson moving through the darkened bedroom. Bush calls out, "Tom, please! What is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Respect the Constitution, as I did, " Jefferson advises, and dims from sight...

The third night sleep still does not come for Bush. He awakens to see the ghost of FDR hovering over his bed. Bush whispers, "Franklin, What is the best thing I can do to help the country?"

"Help the less fortunate, just as I did, " FDR replies and fades into the mist...

Bush isn''t sleeping well the fourth night when he sees another figure moving in the shadows. It is the ghost of Abraham Lincoln. Bush pleads, "Abe, what is the best thing I can do right now to help the country?"

Lincoln replies, "Go see a play."
15th February 2007 04:11 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I read a study on this phenomenon recently. I regret not having the link handy. Confronted with facts that contradict his point of view, Glencar either denies them (I can't believe West Point cadets are negatively influenced by "24") or looks for some ulterior motive (Finnegan is looking for a job with Hillary). He can't accept the facts at face value. He can't believe that Finnegan perceived a problem and tried to address it. It's not even a matter of stupidity (he's a bright guy) but a sort of instinctive need to maintain one's position in the face of contrary facts.

What little I know of Finnegan I learned from your posts here. Having said that, I believe I see the flaw in Finnegan's (and your) logic. If Finnegan perceived 24's negative influence on his cadets, there are 2 possible proper ways to address the perceived problem. One is to remind the cadets that 24 is really only a TV show and that the cadets should not emulate 24's bad conduct. The other would be to use the academy version of the V-Chip to protect any cadets who can't separate TV drama from reality. Finnegan should not try to censor the source (1st Amendment, anybody?). In other words, he should offer some "parental" guidance to his soldiers-to-be.

I hope you are not right about the cadets. If you are, my real concern is for the military if such impressionable (fill in the noun) are the best and the brightest for our future. I suddenly feel less safe about the future of this country.

Don't bother trying to lump me in with the Bush supporters either. I did not vote for him either time he ran for President.

15th February 2007 03:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

What little I know of Finnegan I learned from your posts here. Having said that, I believe I see the flaw in Finnegan's (and your) logic. If Finnegan perceived 24's negative influence on his cadets, there are 2 possible proper ways to address the perceived problem. One is to remind the cadets that 24 is really only a TV show and that the cadets should not emulate 24's bad conduct. The other would be to use the academy version of the V-Chip to protect any cadets who can't separate TV drama from reality. Finnegan should not try to censor the source (1st Amendment, anybody?). In other words, he should offer some "parental" guidance to his soldiers-to-be.

I hope you are not right about the cadets. If you are, my real concern is for the military if such impressionable (fill in the noun) are the best and the brightest for our future. I suddenly feel less safe about the future of this country.

Don't bother trying to lump me in with the Bush supporters either. I did not vote for him either time he ran for President.

You bring up a very salient point Stonesthrow,and it's just one more example of the left's glaring hypocrisy. BJ,and his fellow travelers,would love to have 24 off the air,or at least offer some form of disclaimer that states it is a right wing propaganda tool. The fact that it nothing more than a fictionalized television show is irrellevant to them. They want the show censored. Just listen to Olberfuck if you don't believe me! They would never dare censor anything that slams the conservative view of the world though. It's called hypocrisy,and the examples of it from the left are endless. Remember when CBS was going to run a totally fictionalized bio-pic about Ronald and Nancy Reagan calld The Reagans? Many conservatives and more than a few Reagan biographers(including the liberal Lou Cannon) came out stated that that show was glaringly inaccurate. It portrayed Reagan as man who cared not one wit for gays,homeless,or the dowtrotten that every liberal's heart bleeds for. One problem. None of it was true! So when conservative outrage forced CBS to edit the film all the lefties screamed in unison,"censorship!!!"

Fast forward to the docudrama that was going to air concerning the attacks of 9/11/01. A scene that portrayed National Security Advisor Sandy Berger under Clinton waffling like a moron about a chance to put a hit on UBL had to be scrapped because these same "censorship sensitive" liberals raised hell about it!! Funny thing is that many many in the intelligence community claimed that the scene was perfectly accurate,and given that Berger stole some documents(many of them originals) to keep them from seeing the light of day during the 9/11 Commision Report Hearings it is more than a little disturbing to find out where the liberals priorities really lie. These documents have never been recovered,and never will be because Berger destroyed them! How many news stories have we sen about this breech in national security on the major networks newshows? How many editorials have the NYT,LAT,WP,or any other liberal rag newspaper written about this story? Now imagine if it was a conservative Republican who stole top secret documents and destroyed them before a independant commitee could see them? Think there may have been a little more outrage?! LOL!! You're damned right there would be!

Liberal hypocrisy! You gotta just shake your head and laugh.

24 is a damned good television show and nothing more. It's not the torture that the liberals hate. They hate the fact that it reminds normal Americans that there really is an enemy out there that wants us all dead. They'd rather the general public not see that fact weekly because they know that Democrats are rightly perceieved as weak on national defense. That's the real truth about the outrage. They just don't want you to know it!

Riffy
15th February 2007 03:42 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

They hate the fact that it reminds normal Americans that there really is an enemy out there that wants us all dead.

Riffy

But what about these causes of death. . .who is protecting us from these??? Not Jack Bauer!! Who??

Annual number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 654,092

Cancer: 550,270

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,147

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 123,884

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 108,694

Diabetes: 72,815

Alzheimer's disease: 65,829

Influenza/Pneumonia: 61,472

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 42,762

Septicemia: 33,464
15th February 2007 03:49 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

But what about these causes of death. . .who is protecting us from these??? Not Jack Bauer!! Who??

Annual number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 654,092

Cancer: 550,270

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,147

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 123,884

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 108,694

Diabetes: 72,815

Alzheimer's disease: 65,829

Influenza/Pneumonia: 61,472

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 42,762

Septicemia: 33,464

See now monkey man if Jack Bauer were a doctor he would be beatin' the ever loving shit outta heart disease on a weekly basis! The show could be called 24-The Doctor Is In. I'd watch it!

Riffy
15th February 2007 03:54 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

See now monkey man if Jack Bauer were a doctor he would be beatin' the ever loving shit outta heart disease on a weekly basis! The show could be called 24-The Doctor Is In. I'd watch it!

Riffy

Chloe I need that satellite repositioned NOW! That lard ass is on his couch watching TV again! I need to get in there and get him doing some jumping jacks at gunpoint!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)