ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1968 LFI with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 24 this Sunday & Monday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
5th February 2007 10:48 AM
LadyJane I'm in a rotten mood today. So rotten that people are avoiding me based on the nasty look on my face.

Spent the weekend like a prisoner.
My body feels like I've been hit by a truck.
I am freezing cold.

I need to see Jack Bauer KICK SOME ASS tonight.

There.

I feel a little better.

LJ.
6th February 2007 08:47 AM
LadyJane I dunno.....after the first four heart stopping episodes....something is off.

Not doing it for me yet.....

Anyone else???

LJ.
13th February 2007 12:16 PM
LadyJane Now THAT was more like it!!

Back to the edge of my seat.

Last night's epi's had EVERYTHING.

Philip Bauer is one evil Mo-Fo

Anyone else???

LJ.

13th February 2007 02:07 PM
Trey Krimsin LJ, this has been the first season I've watched 24, and I have to say I'm hooked. The suspense, the intrigue, the intensity......you can't go to the damn bathroom because you may miss something.

James Cromwell can play one mean bastard, I tell ya. And I always knew Kiefer Sutherland was a good actor, but he seems to amaze me in this show.

It is rare, but I am hooked to a prime time drama.
13th February 2007 02:56 PM
mojoman my wife's gonna get me a manpurse for valentines day
13th February 2007 10:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG Can you believe I had to tape it, LJ?!!! Just finished it tonight... Oh My!!!

Trey, it is horrible to get hooked on these things. But glad you joined the crowd!!!
14th February 2007 01:17 AM
Brainbell Jangler Y'all's favorite show got a little write-up in The New Yorker. Here's an excerpt:

This past November, U.S. Army Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan, the dean of the United States Military Academy at West Point, flew to Southern California to meet with the creative team behind "24." Finnegan, who was accompanied by three of the most experienced military and F.B.I. interrogators in the country, arrived on the set as the crew was filming. . . . Finnegan and the others had come to voice their concern that the show's central political premise--that the letter of American law must be sacrificed for the country's security--was having a toxic effect. In their view, the show promoted unethical and illegal behavior and had adversely affected the training and performance of real American soldiers. "I'd like them to stop," Finnegan said of the show's producers. "They should do a show where torture backfires."

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/fact/070219fa_fact_mayer

Now I heard you got a nickname/The lady with the leash
14th February 2007 03:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You want funny? I got your funny right here-->http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/ Just click the 24 segment and watch this idiot's take on 24!! LOL!

It seems that that complete fucktard,and talentless leftwing hack has decided that 24 is nothing more than propaganda for the Bush Admin!! LOL!! Olberman is such a goddamned joke it is almost too easy to pick on his worthless ass. His ratings are,and always have been,in the toilet,but this is just too whacked to believe!

Here's a clue you stupid fucking asslicking fucknut-terrorism happens!!! Jesus,you'd think this assclown would know that everything that the show has depicted could very well happen! However,because he has an obvious agenda he must pretend that the show is a tool for Bush and Co. ROTFLMFAO!!! Jesus Olberfuck!! Yeah a terrorist could never blow up a bus in the USA!! That could never happen!! A terrorist organization could never obtain a suitcase nuke!! That could never happen! Hello AQ Khan! What a goddamned fool!

I seriously hope that the plot lines for 24 never ever happen in real life inside the United States. I mean only an idiot would not admit that the show is purely fiction,but that Olbefuck would try and politicize it shows his absolute bias and,yes,even his fear that 24 maybe waking up America to the very real threat of radical Islam. That cannot be good for him,or the party that has done everything in it's power to deny that the war on terror even exists.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]

So only a "fucktard" would think that "24" is political propaganda? Let's see what an executive of the show says about that (from the New Yorker article):

http://www.newyorker.com/printables/fact/070219fa_fact_mayer

David Nevins, the former Fox Television network official who, in 2000, bought the ["24"] pilot on the spot after hearing a pitch from [series co-creators Joel] Surnow and [Bob] Cochran, and who maintains an executive role in "24," is candid about the show's core message. "There's definitely a political attitude of the show, which is that extreme measures are sometimes necessary for the greater good," he says. "The show doesn't have much patience for the niceties of civil liberties or due process [What some of us call the rule of law.]. It's clearly coming from somewhere. Joel's politics suffuse the whole show."

[Please note that Surnow is close buddies with comedian Rush Limbaugh. Read the article for details.]

And is it only "fucktards" who can't distinguish the show from reality? Here's another quote from the New Yorker article:

[West Point dean] Finnegan told the producers that "24," by suggesting that the U.S. government perpetrates myriad forms of torture, hurts the country's image internationally. . . . [I]t had become increasingly hard to convince some [West Point] cadets that America had to respect the rule of law and human rights, even when terrorists did not. One reason for the growing resistance, he suggested, was misperceptions spread by "24," which was exceptionally popular with his students.

Here's another quote:

Gary Solis, a retired law professor who designed and taught the Law of War for Commanders curriculum at West Point, told me that he had similar arguments with his students. He said that under both U.S. and international law, "Jack Bauer is a criminal. In real life, he would be prosecuted." Yet the motto of many of his students was identical to Jack Bauer's: "Whatever it takes." . . . Solis told me, " I tried to impress on them that [Bauer's] technique would open the wrong doors, but it was like trying to stomp out an anthill."

And another:

[M]any prominent conservatives speak of "24" as if it were real. John Yoo, the former Justice Department lawyer who helped frame the Bush Administration's "torture memo"--which, in 2002, authorized the abusive treatment of detainees--invokes the show in his book "War by Other Means." He asks, "What if, as the popular Fox television program '24' recently portrayed, a high-level terrorist leader is caught who knows the location of a nuclear weapon?"

So, who is the real fucktard?

Is it "24" executive David Nevins for admitting that right-winger Joel Surnow's politics "suffuse the whole show"?

Is it the dean of West Point or the Law of War professor, for believing that "24" hurts America's image and inures West Point cadets to the use of torture?

Is it "torture boy" John Yoo for citing "24" as if it were real?

Or is it a message board poster who doesn't have the intellectual integrity to read sources contrary to his unexamined political prejudices, preferring instead to paste profane pejoratives like "fucktard" on those who get their facts straight and "liberal elitist" on those who can construct a logical syllogism?

No, wait, I know: It's me, for bothering to attempt an intelligent dialogue with someone who gets his "facts" from comedian Rush Limbaugh.

You got our funny right there, fer sher.
14th February 2007 03:52 PM
pdog i'm still a 24 virgin....
14th February 2007 04:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
i'm still a 24 virgin....

That is good....you don't need to get any "torture" ideas for your budding movie career.

And for crying out loud, Mr Jangler, it is just a stupid fricken TV show!!! (Although, I did enjoy reading the New Yorker article)
14th February 2007 04:02 PM
glencar You need to lose it man! The 2 episodes this past Monday were pretty cool. Top drama! I love howe Jack's family is hurting him. And it's evident that wimpy fucktard Dems are hurting this country.
14th February 2007 04:19 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

And for crying out loud, Mr Jangler, it is just a stupid fricken TV show!!! (Although, I did enjoy reading the New Yorker article)

OK, fine. It's just a TV show. Tell that to the dean of West Point who traveled across the continent to ask the show's producers to stop promoting torture. Or to the students at West Point who apparently want to emulate Jack Bauer. I don't watch it; they do. Is there something wrong with Brigadier General Finnegan for being concerned about "a stupid fricken TV show"? Or is it blowhards like Riffy who are the problem for mocking those who, like Gen. Finnegan, are concerned about what the show is doing to the best and brightest of our military? Hmmmm?
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
14th February 2007 04:23 PM
glencar Gen. Finnegan needs to grow the fuck up. It is just a TV show.
14th February 2007 04:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

OK, fine. It's just a TV show. Tell that to the dean of West Point who traveled across the continent to ask the show's producers to stop promoting torture. Or to the students at West Point who apparently want to emulate Jack Bauer. I don't watch it; they do. Is there something wrong with Brigadier General Finnegan for being concerned about "a stupid fricken TV show"? Or is is blowhards like Riffy who are the problem for mocking those who, like Gen. Finnegan, are concerned about what the show is doing to the best and brightest of our military? Hmmmm?

I don't get into political arguments (I leave that to Riffy and Glenny).... But, my friend, we are in real trouble in this country, if our "best and brightest" military recruits can't tell the difference between real life and the vivid imaginations of Hollywood writers!!
14th February 2007 04:28 PM
glencar I'm trying to stay out of political arguments since no one actually listens to anyone else but I agree; this general is a real sissy. I find it hard to believe that students at West Pt. are too obtuse to not realize that 24 is solid fiction.
14th February 2007 04:30 PM
PartyDoll MEG Since when do you stay out of any argument, Glenny?;

14th February 2007 04:33 PM
glencar Seriously, I have. Many of the political threads end up with dullards from the putative Left throwing in odd phrases & making little sense. I miss the old "gang up on FPM" days!
14th February 2007 06:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm trying to stay out of political arguments since no one actually listens to anyone else but I agree; this general is a real sissy. I find it hard to believe that students at West Pt. are too obtuse to not realize that 24 is solid fiction.

I love the logic here. You "find it hard to believe" any facts that contradict your prejudices. And the dean of West Point "is a real sissy"??? Not like those "real men," draft-dodgers like Bush, Cheney and Wolfowitz. Why do you hate our military?
14th February 2007 06:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gen. Finnegan needs to grow the fuck up. It is just a TV show.

The dean of West Point and "three of the most experienced military and F.B.I. interrogators in the country" need to "grow the fuck up." Riiiight. So does the professor "who designed and taught the Law of War for Commanders curriculum at West Point." Uh-huh. We need to replace these sissies with Rush Limbaugh and a bunch of writers from Fox.
14th February 2007 07:28 PM
LadyJane Mr Jangler
I'm curious.

Have YOU actually seen the show?
If so, who is YOUR opinion?

LJ.
14th February 2007 07:53 PM
Riffhard Many far left liberals hate the show because it shows that the enemies of the West are very evil twisted fucks with an insane religious agenda that deems death as a martyr as a holy act,and the murder of innocents as acceptable. Liberals do not like that angle shown on tv because they can not explain it,buy it off,or fuck a fat intern with a cigar and ignor the problem. So they slam the show. They slam the viewers of the show. But mostly they slam Bush because that's the real enemy to them. Very strange. However,the fact is that Keith Olberman is fucking putz period. So what do you expect from this no ratings hack? Or for that matter his lap dog fans.

To all other sane liberals,or anyone else,24 is just a goddaned good tv show.

Riffy
14th February 2007 08:02 PM
Fiji Joe Dang..who the hell gets all serious and crotchety in a thread about a TV show?...For poop's sake...don't nobody go and start a Leave it to Beaver thread...you'll probably get a lecture about how the June Cleaver character set an impossible ideal for women to follow

14th February 2007 08:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Mr Jangler
I'm curious.

Have YOU actually seen the show?
If so, who is YOUR opinion?

LJ.

No way. My posts are a response to Riffy's ridiculing Keith Olbermann for pointing out that "24" is political propaganda. Riffy called Olbermann a "fucktard" for stating what is obvious even to David Nevins, an executive of the show, who admitted that co-creator Joel Surnow's "politics suffuse the whole show." You may have noticed that in Glencar's responses, he chooses to deny the observations of percipient witnesses (Gen. Finnegan and Prof. Solis) because they don't fit his assumptions. He ignores entirely the comments of Surnow's friend, Roger Director, who says that the conservative writers of "24" are "like a Hollywood television annex to the White House. It's like an auxiliary wing."

You see, Riffy was just dead wrong. Even executives of "24" and their close friends admit as much. Don't for a minute expect him to admit it. He and his right wing ilk are not about a search for truth. They are dedicated to making the facts fit their conclusions, not the other way around. This is why Glencar refuses to believe that West Point cadets could be deviating from allegiance to the rule of law in favor of an "anything goes" approach as in "24."
14th February 2007 08:12 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Dang..who the hell gets all serious and crotchety in a thread about a TV show?...For poop's sake...don't nobody go and start a Leave it to Beaver thread...you'll probably get a lecture about how the June Cleaver character set an impossible ideal for women to follow

Why? Ask Riffy. He started in with the ridicule of Olbermann for stating what is a clear fact. Or ask Gen. Finnegan. He crossed the continent to ask the producers of "24" to stop damaging America's image in the world and misleading West Point cadets into thinking torture is acceptable. Why change the subject to Leave It to Beaver? Admit it. Riffy was wrong.
14th February 2007 08:16 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Many far left liberals hate the show because it shows that the enemies of the West are very evil twisted fucks with an insane religious agenda that deems death as a martyr as a holy act,and the murder of innocents as acceptable. Liberals do not like that angle shown on tv because they can not explain it,buy it off,or fuck a fat intern with a cigar and ignor the problem. So they slam the show. They slam the viewers of the show. But mostly they slam Bush because that's the real enemy to them. Very strange. However,the fact is that Keith Olberman is fucking putz period. So what do you expect from this no ratings hack? Or for that matter his lap dog fans.

To all other sane liberals,or anyone else,24 is just a goddaned good tv show.

Riffy

What? So now the dean of West Point is a liberal? Very strange indeed. Why do you hate our military?

And you want to bring Clinton and Monica into this? You really do have our funny, don't you?

Why not just admit it. "24" is steeped in Bush politics. The activities it glorifies are criminal. Worse, they don't even work; torture seldom if ever does. Reel back about four years and I think you'll find you were dead wrong about WMDs, Iraqi links to al Qaeda, and damned near everything else you write regarding politics. Not that I expect you to admit this or even recognize it. Your apparent ability to ignore the truth qualifies you for a position in the Bush White House or a Medal of Freedom

Riffy, you're doing a heckuva job.

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
14th February 2007 08:20 PM
glencar The point is why is Finnegan going to H-wood to tell 24 producers howe to do their job? And it's the military's job to tell West Pointers howe to do their own jobs. Many people who see their jobs portrayed on teevee can tell you that short cuts are taken & fantasies are obliged. But that doesn't mean that THEY follow suit. I think this Finnegan is a fraud. Maybe he wants to get the Joint Chiefs job in an upcoming Hilly admin. I sure do miss that FPM. He was one dumb flake!
14th February 2007 08:30 PM
*ginda
quote:
glencar wrote:
I sure do miss that FPM.

You must. You mention him often.
14th February 2007 08:31 PM
glencar Well, just between you & me, I think he & BJ are the same. Otherwise, I'd never mention him again, quite frankly.
14th February 2007 08:32 PM
glencar BTW Do you watch 24? Any thoughts?
14th February 2007 08:32 PM
Riffhard LOL! It's a fucking tv show! Get over it. Please let me make this very clear to you. KEITH OLBERMAN IS A FUCKING PUTZ OF THE HIGHEST ORDER PERIOD. HE HAS AN EGO THE SIZE OF HIS FAT HEAD. There is that clear enough for you BJ? I have met him and he is the most boorish fucktard that I have ever had the displeasure to meet. He,like many on the far left,thinks he's the smartest man in the room all the time. Fuck him,and anyone that admires him.

24 is great show,and if you go around looking for a political agenda in every show then why don't tell me what you think about just about every awards show on tv? What did you think about the Grammy's? Did you see the blatantly obvious liberal bias on that show? Or do you just have a problem with shows that don't fit into your little liberal world? What's your take on David Gregory from NBC News? Is he promoting an agenda? A liberal one perhaps?

Get over it BJ. Lady Jane is not a conservative and she likes 24. Why not just give it a try and loose the political animosity that Keith Olberman and his ilk are all about. That fucktard tilts at every windmill he comes across looking for evil conservatives. He's an asshat! You don't want to be an asshat do ya BJ?

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)