ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Me, Ronnie, the guitar pick and the cigarette Return to archive
02-23-03 01:30 PM
masoudi Hi all

Was at Enmore and both Sydney shows and had the time of my life but wanted to post this bit from the 2nd superdome which I will never forget.

I moved up from the 6th row to the b stage and waited for the boys to arrive whilst they played satisfaction. As they came on I shouted at Ronnie and got the biggest hand slap from him and then they began to play. Ronnie was throwing out picks to the crowd and as he was palying Like a rolling stone I shouted out Ronnie I want a pick. He came up to me and put it in my fickin hand and I then a few seconds later he shouts to me I havent got a pick left and began trying to play without one. I took my pick out of my pocket and decided to hand it back to him (Thinking he wont expect this and will give it back to me) Ronie comes over and grabs my hand and this jerk next to me grabs our hands and pulls the pick away from us. So now I have no pick or Ronnie. I had a quick chat to this guy telling him he was a fuck wit and a numb nut and he apologised and said he didnt realise. Ronnie then came over shortly after and put another pick in my hand again, so as you can imagine I was pretty happy but the tosser next to me gave the pick to his wife. Everybody saw what was going on with my little Ronnie moment. I know I will never forget it and I even got one of Ronnies half smoked ciggys as well. Yes call me sad but both items will be taking pride of place in a frame in my house.

I sat front of stage at Enmore with the other kiwis and got great pictures and all 3 shows were a dream. Wont bore you with a review as it has all been said. Favourites were every dam song!!!!!!

Cheers, Brendon

02-23-03 02:07 PM
morocco Great story. That guy was an ass. What kind of pick was it? A fender tortoise?
02-23-03 02:57 PM
woodywoodpecker Hope Im so lucky, thanks for the story.
For me to get a pick from woody he will need to attach to a
boomerang as Im in upper level stadium LOL
02-23-03 04:29 PM
masoudi Tongue with 2002 on the front and the rolling stones on the back. The pick the PRICK never gave back had licks on the front and american tour on the back.

For those of you sitting at the back, I snuck up in both superdomes as after enmore I wasnt going to see them from afar. I was at the 20th row and stood at the 6th all night and on the 1st superdome I was up on the first level but snuck down and was next to the b stage all night.

Enjoy the shows and if you scream loud enough you never know what will come your way

Brendon

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST