ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Families first for Rolling Stones Return to archive
02-23-03 08:21 AM
CS Families first for Rolling Stones
By Kathy McCabe
23feb03

WHEN it comes to down time for the Rolling Stones, it's all about the family.

The world's longest-surviving rock band have spent 40 years together, so when they arrived in Sydney it was no surprise they quickly went their separate ways.

Keith Richards, his wife, Patti Hansen, and their daughters Theodora, Alexandra and Angela put first claim on the private jet at the band's disposal during their Australian visit and flew north to Byron Bay.

For five days, the most strenuous activity Richards indulged in was a walk along the beach.

There was little doubt that working on his tan on the balcony of his luxury suite at Rae's on Watego was his top priority.

"When we're on this side of the world, Australia's a haven, and I was pissed off we missed it on the last tour," Richards said.

"There's infinite pleasure in leaving North America at 15 degrees below and arriving into a Sydney summer.

"A couple of weeks ago in America, I worked out we had five or six days free � and as much as I love Sydney, I don't want to sit in the Four Seasons for five days.

"We grabbed the opportunity to get some sun, and I'll be making sure I get more when we get to Brisbane � because after that, it's off to Japan."

Richards hasn't been the only Rolling Stone chasing the sun. Drummer Charlie Watts, 61, and Ronnie Wood, 55, and their families headed to the equally luxurious Kim's Beachside Retreat, at Toowoon Bay, on the central coast.

Stones frontman Mick Jagger stayed close to Sydney, waiting for the arrival of his children, James, Georgia May and Gabriel.

The urbane singer chose to dine with Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin at the new Bondi Icebergs restaurant.

The proud father then checked out Sydney's eastern suburbs beaches. With his children and security in tow, he visited Bondi and Clovelly during the week.

When not supervising his children, Jagger exercised daily to keep in the kind of shape needed to sustain all that strutting and finger-waving for two hours a night during the band's eight Australian concerts.

The Stones and their entourages regrouped in Sydney last Sunday night, setting up camp on several floors of the Four Seasons hotel � their home away from home.

Jagger's extended Australian family � his mother, Eva Scutts, was born at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital � also arrived at the hotel that day for a special afternoon tea party reunion.

More than 90 Scutts and Archers attended the very civilised celebration, and all were invited to the band's performances at the Superdome.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST