ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: India concert to be broadcast Return to archive
02-22-03 09:09 AM
nankerphelge MAX to air Rolling Stones concert

Even before the World Cup is over, MAX has started planning for the day after. But this time the target is the music aficionado.

The events and music channel from the Sony Entertainment Television network is ready to beam the Bangalore concert of The Rolling Stones band, which is scheduled for April 11. It is important to note that just two concerts worldwide from the Rolling Stones 2003 World Licks tour are being aired on television. The first one was the Madison Square Gardens event, which was televised by HBO in the US. The second one will be the Bangalore concert. After MAX the event will air on Sony. It might go to HBO or AXN later on depending on how much revenue can be generated, reports said.
02-22-03 09:29 AM
steel driving hammer Should it be in Al Jajeera TV?

But seriously, what an event that will be eh!

CNN should even get a feed.

I think the theme of the show should be Peace.
02-22-03 09:37 AM
steel driving hammer Pictures are already in!
When they got word the Stones would be playing in their country,
they took to the streets in JOY! LOL!
02-22-03 09:46 AM
LadyJane "And they are showing their support by mimicing the Rock Band's famous tongue logo."

Steelie, you crack me up!! LOL

LadyJ.
02-22-03 09:52 AM
Nellcote Those folks are overjoyed that the national drink of India, the famous "Slurpee" will be served at the event.
02-22-03 10:02 AM
lonecrapshooter I heard Duane Reade will be replacing E*trade as corporate sponsor
02-22-03 10:08 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Those folks are overjoyed that the national drink of India, the famous "Slurpee" will be served at the event.

LOL! YEAH!
02-22-03 06:14 PM
Gazza >Should it be in Al Jajeera TV?
But seriously, what an event that will be eh!

Al Jazeera? er....all kiddin' aside, I think you'll find that Islamic fundamentalists such as Bin laden and his ilk are about as popular in a Hindu country as they are in the U.S.
02-22-03 07:32 PM
steel driving hammer Gazza, is this photo taken in Toyko 95 you think?

Plus, 1838 shows? Give or take 3? Cheers!
Prolly more shows and anyother band! Incl The Grateful Dead.
02-22-03 07:49 PM
littleredrooster Hey, Steelie!
I'm sipping a Chateau designated Beaujolais (rare) as I post!
I can seen the curry residue on those lapping tongues, the lucky bastards!! Curry and Stones!!!!
CHEERS!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
02-22-03 08:55 PM
Gazza Steelie

Id say that pic looks more like '98 than '95 personally. Keith looks a bit older than he did on the Voodoo Lounge tour!

I still think the Dead played more shows than the Stones as the Stones didnt tour between 1982 and 89..as I'm not an expert on the Dead I couldnt say for sure though, but I guess theres probably bands who have played more shows than the Stones.

eg - The Four Tops had the same line up since 1955 until one of them died a couple of years ago....
02-22-03 08:56 PM
steel driving hammer Chateau eh? What year if I may ask?

I'm drinking Kendal Jackson Cabernet '97 reserve.

While listening to San Deigo '81, Mick was on FIRE that night!

Yes, Cheers!
02-22-03 09:00 PM
steel driving hammer Yeah but the Dead quit playing 10 years after Jerry died.

AND, the dead didn't bring such a Global staduim sell out like the Stones did.

Gazza I wish you lived next door to me you bastard!

You, Marko and Jenifer Garner!

Have you seen the new Ronnie DVD?

Cheers!
02-22-03 09:35 PM
JaggaRichards Will Apu be manning the Squishy 'Licks' concession?
02-22-03 10:15 PM
littleredrooster 1999 Young but tasty!
As B'jolly should be!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST