ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger on "Too many Cooks" Return to archive
02-21-03 09:34 AM
Mathijs On www.mickjagger.com the following article is published:

Mick and John Lennon Rare Recording -- The Real Story
According to stories circulating on most wire services last week, a 30-year-old blues recording by Mick and John Lennon is going to be auctioned in February 2003. The story goes on to say that the track, "Too Many Cooks,'' features Mick on vocals and Lennon on guitar.

However, in an email to MickJagger.com, Mick says, �the song has been available as a bootleg for 20 yrs. it was a soul tune, not blues," he adds, "part of regular muso sunday LA sessions with jim keltner, ed davis, etc. lennon possibly plays guitar. i sing with some girly backing vocals. this story has surfaced many times before and i have no reason to think that the acetate in question has any more value than the other bootleg versions. the original tapes are probably in an LA studio, or possibly with Yoko as I think john paid for the session.�
[posted 1/28/2003]
02-21-03 05:40 PM
Street Fighting Man Someday it will be interesting to see a lot of these "so called" unreleased songs (many probably on bootlegs as Mick indicated) start coming out.
02-21-03 05:47 PM
Fiji Joe Don't care for the song myself...it sounds early 80's Jagger
02-21-03 07:32 PM
full moon I like it...
02-21-03 10:21 PM
BILL PERKS GREAT SONG!
02-22-03 02:37 AM
souldoggie I'm glad Mick straightened that out. It's a SOUL song, charted in 1969 by the soul group, 100 Proof Aged In Soul, on the Hot Wax label. They were from Detroit I think. Both versions are great.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST