ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Singapore, India, China, Korea, Thailand...and Argentina?? Return to archive
02-20-03 09:47 PM
Soldatti I am very angry with the band: they are doing shows in this incredibles places with only 12,000 by shows with freak audiences, and they not will play any show in Argentina?.
"Forty Licks" debuted at No. 1 here. "Don't Stop" was a incredible hit the last year, peaking at the Top 10. Now "Keys To Your Love" is at the top of some radios.
In the show of the American Airlines Arena (Miami) almost 1,000 argentina fans traveled to USA to see the band.
In this country they played ten shows with 300,000 in the two times. The Stones audience here is very young and is very hard see a Stone fan with more than 30 years. I'm 19 years-old, for example. Argentina is bad now but if they make one River Plate Stadium, will be sold out very fast. If they want to play Arenas shows in Argentina (for example) is imposible, they need to make 8-10 shows, at least. And any imagine a club show here?. The police will close 15 streets around. Why not only one stadium show?
The Argentina people is very angry, too.
02-20-03 09:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't worry, they will play there next year
02-20-03 09:57 PM
Fiji Joe You should be pissed...Argentina has always supported the Stones...I'm with you on this one...you guys should boycott their shows...
02-20-03 10:06 PM
telecaster Mick commented on Argentina in the "Fortune" mag article.

He said he would like to play there but due to economic
conditions they can't

02-21-03 12:22 AM
Madafaka I'm agree with Soldatti. Here a club show could be the best thing in my life! A lot of people could pay a fourtune for a ticket (that include me) They're The Stones man! I'd pay ANYTHING for a stadium, arena or club show. Do you remember all that energy in these shows? You can heard it in the boots, but NOTHING copares to be here! Do you remember what it was that week here? All the guys singing "Ooooh, vamos los Stones!" Everywhere you go, you can see people with a red tongue in his t shirt. Wow, no words! When we talk about Stones, NEVER is enough. FUCK with the economic conditions, we need Stones, nothing else matters. Argentina is the most "Stonian" country in South America, no doubts. (Sorry JJFlash, but I think it's true)
I think that argentinian people aren't angry. I think we're sad, sad, sad.
I really hope that Voodoo isn't wrong. Please Keith, remember your own words "We love play there"

Thank you all guys, you're the closer that I can be Stones... By now. I'm keeping the faith.

02-21-03 03:55 AM
Moonisup why can't they, do they lose $1.000.000 is that too much asked from people who have 500.000.000 on their bank?
02-21-03 11:56 AM
J.J.Flash No no no no no........ bad boy you are........... don�t say this man, don�t never say this, NEVER. The guys here love Rolling Stones like on the other countries. I mean, being a Rolling Stone, being a fan of the Rolling Stones is very different of a fan of another Rock�n�Roll band. I love Deep Purple, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, but the fans of these bands don�t do what WE, THE REAL ROLLING STONES DO. So, what I trying to mean is the fact that A Rolling Stones fan is the same in any part of the world, the same LOVE AND PASSION. The 2 times they have played here, OH MY GOD, THE HOUSE WAS ROCKIN' (The biggest Soccer Stadium in the World, Maracana, Rio de Janeiro 1995 was full of Rolling Stones fan). The night in S�o Paulo in 1995 was awesome too. In 1998 was the same thing. 2 great shows, Rio de Janeiro and S�o Paulo(I was there).
I hope they play here and there in Argentina Madafaka, I HOPE, BECAUSE I'LL SEE THEM HERE IN BRASIL AND IN BUENOS AIRES, AND WE WILL ROCK TOGETHER MAN!!! Take care hermano, and don�t say this anymore. because I felt so much when I readed that stuff. I hope you're fine.
Again, sorry anything from my "english" speech guys. But I need do comunicate with you all.
02-21-03 12:11 PM
J.J.Flash How are you Soldatti, fella. I hope we would ROCK together on Buenos Aires. Madafaka, don�t let your faith die, they will be here.
02-21-03 02:37 PM
Madafaka Sorry JJFlash, I don't wanna bother you. You know that!

But read this, in Brazil live much more people than Argentina and Stones played there 5 times in Voodoo Lounge Tour 1995:
Ene 27 - Pacaembu Stadium, Sao Paolo
Ene 28 - Pacaembu Stadium, Sao Paolo
Ene 30 - Pacaembu Stadium, Sao Paolo
Feb 02 - Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro
Feb 04 - Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro
And 2 times in B2B Tour 1998:
Abr 11 - Praca da Apotese, Rio de Janeiro
Abr 13 - Pista de Atletismo do Ibirapuera, Sao Paulo

Here they played 5 times in Voodoo Lounge Tour 1995:
Feb 09 - River Plate, Buenos Aires
Feb 11 - River Plate, Buenos Aires
Feb 12 - River Plate, Buenos Aires
Feb 14 - River Plate, Buenos Aires
Feb 16 - River Plate, Buenos Aires
And 5 times in B2B Tour 1998:
Mar 29 - River Plate , Buenos Aires
Mar 30 - River Plate , Buenos Aires
Abr 02 - River Plate , Buenos Aires
Abr 04 - River Plate , Buenos Aires
Abr 05 - River Plate , Buenos Aires

The River Plate Stadium is the biggest of my country (60.000) and was full of people with sold out tickets 10 times! Do you know what I mean?
I was in seven shows and it was excellent!
No offence brother, I just tell you the numbers.
But something is sure... If they come South America, we'll rock together hermano! Here and in Brazil too!
The faith is faith and not fade away!
02-21-03 02:40 PM
glencar I can't believee they won't visit Buenos Aires. I hope you get several shows. You guys have been through a lot in the past 2 years.
02-21-03 04:36 PM
glencar The Malvinas should be Argentina's again. And the Stones should pay a visit to BA soon. Will you (or have you) travel(ed) elsewhere to see the Stones, mada?
02-21-03 04:44 PM
Madafaka Thank you very much Glencar.
I saw the Stones in my country only.
If they come back, I'll do the same and sure Brazil too.
Now is more difficult to me travel to another places like Europe or USA. My visits at these places were only for fun.
02-21-03 09:32 PM
Scot Rocks The Stones have go there, if they don't it will be disgraceful, so don't worry I am sure they will.

Cheers

Mark
02-21-03 11:54 PM
sirmoonie Sorry about that, Madafaka. I was being very stupid about something that affected my family long ago and has nothing to do with the Stones or its fans.

I hope that the Stones plan a South America tour, including Argentina, as soon as they are done in Europe. I hope they don't worry too much about economics, because Stones fans will find a way to fill the stadiums no matter what!
02-22-03 01:05 AM
Madafaka Scot Rocks: Thank you very much for your comments!

Sirmoonie: You're welcome man. My family was affected too, but try to let that in the past.
Now, in this board, we're a big Stones group of friends
Keep on rockin'!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST