ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most overplayed song this tour? Return to archive
02-20-03 03:46 PM
Mr. D What song do you think has been played too much on the 'Licks' tour. My vote goes to 'It's Only Rock n Roll'. For some reason, I never was able to get used to this one. I'd love to see 'Fingerprint File' or 'Hand of Fate' in place of it.
02-20-03 03:57 PM
Scottfree I tend to agree, when was the last time IORR wasn't on a setlist ever??? Why? Why? Why?
02-20-03 04:04 PM
winter Assuming they have to leave in Brown Sugar, HTW and JJF, my votes are for

1. IORR
2. Start Me Up
3 Satisfaction

My suggested replacements - without asking them to go to deep into the catalog, and staying with the same time period (roughly) for each song:

1. Dance Little Sister
2. Hang Fire or She Was Hot
3. Paint it Black, Get of My Cloud, Heart of Stone or HYSYMBSITS

wintah
02-20-03 04:06 PM
Moonisup LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARS
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARS

[Edited by Moonisup]
02-20-03 04:32 PM
Soldatti 1. You Got Me rocking (I am tired of this. In all the shows, Stadiums, arenas, clubs...)
2. Like A Rolling Stone
3. Slipping Away (Keith please play only once time "Little T&A")

I prefer:

1. Mixed Emotions
2. Love Is Strong
3. Saint Of Me
02-20-03 04:36 PM
T&A MoonisUP:

You don't seem committed to your answer. You want to think about it some more?

Actually, I'm fine with IORR - without a Chuck Berry song in the setlist (a friggin' shame! Queenie ruled the B2B tour)...it's a reasonable substitute where we get to hear KR play the Chuck licks.

My answer would be the terminally lame YGMR - it's apparently practically included as a warhorse these days, sometimes opening, sometimes closing shows (Anaheim). My God - what's it even doing on 40 Licks. It wasn't a single, wasn't a hit - has maybe the most amateurish lyrics of any Stones song with a "formula rock song" musical framework. Yeah, I think I'd vote for YGMR....
02-20-03 04:37 PM
Moonisup I have edited it because it was to long! ahha Yeah I want them to lose LARS, play "heaven" instead or no use in crying!
02-20-03 05:01 PM
Nellcote None, WTF?
02-20-03 05:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I dunno. Sometimes "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" is 'on', sometimes it's 'off'. Most of the time this tour, though, it's been 'off'. Not bad - just kinda boring. They could do better for the B-Stage. I was never a big fan of the revved up version they like doing live - although Ronnie's solo version on Live And Eclectic is surprisingly awesome, and a few cuts of it from '75, '78 and '81 are above average.

And say what you like about "Like A Rolling Stone". When they get the whole arena singing along with them, it's something else.

But other than that... these setlists are very good. Even the Warhorses sound very fresh.

-tSYX --- Nevah stop, nevah stop, nevah nevah nevah nevah...
02-20-03 05:53 PM
Fiji Joe "Gomper"..definately "Gomper"
02-20-03 08:37 PM
Soldatti T&A:

You Got Me Rocking was No. 23 in UK in October of 1994 and was the second single of Voodoo Lounge in England.

02-20-03 09:04 PM
Hooked Clearly, Worried About You has been played to death!

Even though it's new, I could do without Don't Stop every night. Start Me Up is the warhorse i could do without.

And I like this song, but i think it's odd they do Tumbling Dice every night. it was a hit, but not a HUGE hit. Kind of in the IORR vein.

As for LARS, as long as the Stones are playing other "legends" songs, how about a Macca mini-set on the B-stage to shake things up? I'm sure the Stones would smoke on such killer tunes as "Silly Love Songs" or "Coming Up". Complete with Macca head shakes and cute grins...

02-20-03 10:42 PM
full moon Satisfaction...
02-20-03 11:41 PM
midnightmagic
quote:
Hooked wrote:
Clearly, Worried About You has been played to death!

Even though it's new, I could do without Don't Stop every night. Start Me Up is the warhorse i could do without.

And I like this song, but i think it's odd they do Tumbling Dice every night. it was a hit, but not a HUGE hit. Kind of in the IORR vein.

As for LARS, as long as the Stones are playing other "legends" songs, how about a Macca mini-set on the B-stage to shake things up? I'm sure the Stones would smoke on such killer tunes as "Silly Love Songs" or "Coming Up". Complete with Macca head shakes and cute grins...

WAY- I don't thinks so. Somebody been seeing different shows somwhere we don't know about.
02-20-03 11:43 PM
midnightmagic Every song kicks ass when your there watching it.
02-21-03 09:47 AM
Hooked I was only kidding, Midnightmagic, re Worried About You and Macca. Didn't think i had to make that clear, but don't want to mislead anyone...
02-21-03 10:06 AM
quackenbush They do need to shake things up a bit more. That's not to say they aren't doing a good job. But they shouldn't play the warhorses so frequently. There is no need. For godsake, play some of the songs off of Bridges to Babylon like Out of Control or Saint of Me.

02-21-03 10:19 AM
Jumping Jack War horses in need of a rest:
Tumbling Dice
Start Me Up
IORR
Honky Tonk Women

Should have been every night warhorses
Bitch
All Down The Line
Rocks Off

What I would really like:
Dancin' With Mr. D.
Heartbreaker
One Hit To the Body
Little T&A

Maybe next time we will get a good mix or real early and real late goodies:
Paint It Black
Ruby Tuesday
Lets Spend The Night Together
Play With Fire
Saint of Me
Rock & Hard Place
Sparks Will Fly
Hang On To Your Hat
02-22-03 12:06 AM
midnightmagic Good joke, Ha. I was happy to see him sing it 10 feet away at the Aragon.
02-22-03 12:29 AM
Stonesthrow How about a cameo appearance by Bill Wyman performing In Another Land and Downtown Suzie. While he's waiting, he could be hawking his book in the lobby.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST