ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Which boots should i get? Return to archive
02-20-03 02:19 AM
Mannish Bwoy Hi, maybe you guiys can help me. Could you suggest me any great Stones concert boot of the Mick Taylor era. I have a lot of them but i can't seem to find anymore boots with such a great recording sound or such great performances. I already have: STP 72, welcome to ny 72, sandiego69, hyde park, altamont, brussels affairs, houston 72, the fort worth concert, leeds 71, bedspring symphony, eat meat73, vancouver first night72, essen 70, philaelphia special etc...etc... Please give me some suggestion, i want some more great boots from that era!!!! And boots that sounds just as good as these ones!!! Thanks a lot!
Mannish Bwoy
02-20-03 03:21 AM
Madafaka In my opinion if you have Brussels Affair, you have it all!
Brussels Affair Definitive Edition is the best that I've heard about these years.
02-20-03 04:47 AM
gypsymofo60 You could try; 'Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones', or I rather like; Welcome To Australia,(AKA...A Sticky Sydney Racecourse).........'Timeless '73'....just a thought!
02-20-03 06:14 AM
woodywoodpecker yeah forget the taylor era and listen to the woody era

02-20-03 06:32 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
yeah forget the taylor era and listen to the woody era

Yeah!...and to think there might have been a RONSON era.....I salivate like Pavlove dog!!!!!!!!!!!!
02-20-03 08:43 AM
full moon The Black Box.......
02-20-03 10:04 AM
midnightmagic I do not know what eat meat is, but try the boot "Rocks Off" from Perth 2-24-73.
02-20-03 10:23 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
You could try; 'Ladies & Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones', or I rather like; Welcome To Australia,(AKA...A Sticky Sydney Racecourse).........'Timeless '73'....just a thought!

If I'm not mistaken, "A Sticky Sydney.." is 26-Feb-73 and "Welcome To Australia" is 27-Feb-73. Perhaps someone could verify. Setlists were exactly the same both nights.
02-20-03 10:26 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
midnightmagic wrote:
I do not know what eat meat is, but try the boot "Rocks Off" from Perth 2-24-73.

"Eat Meat On Stage" (VGP 295) is from the Brisbane, Australia show - Valentine's Day, 1973.
02-20-03 11:09 AM
J.J.Flash Yeah Madafaka, you�re damn right!!! And, is great to read this Madafaka, I�m fell a kind of IMPORTANT! How are you HERMANO, COMO ESTAS? Manish, my friend, take Brussels Affair Definitive and you have all!
02-20-03 12:07 PM
jb Do not buy any boots post 1978..you will be sorely disappointed. Brussels, handsome Girls, Sydney 73, Happy Birthday Nicky shows 1 and 2, Leed Lungs, LA Friday , Hillside Blues, A few heart broken, a few strings busted.(if you do buy any post 78 boots, Jersey Devils and Stripped companion are a must). God bless you...
02-20-03 01:42 PM
J.J.Flash Yeah JB, Get your Leed Lungs Out really rocks!! This is my first boot and it drove me nuts, you know......
02-20-03 01:48 PM
jb I believe it has the broadcasted version of "Let it Rock" which is beyond great!
02-20-03 01:51 PM
glencar Was "The Black Box" ever released on CD? I have a vinyl version.
02-20-03 03:49 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:
Do not buy any boots post 1978..you will be sorely disappointed. Brussels, handsome Girls, Sydney 73, Happy Birthday Nicky shows 1 and 2, Leed Lungs, LA Friday , Hillside Blues, A few heart broken, a few strings busted.(if you do buy any post 78 boots, Jersey Devils and Stripped companion are a must). God bless you...

I couldnt disagree more, Hampton 81??? I have one that is titled "Time is on my side" from DC that kicks arse, as well...
02-20-03 04:05 PM
J.J.Flash Yeah JB, Let it Rock is the TOP of the disc. Oh my god, the first time I heard it was unbelievable to me. DAMN ROCK�N�ROLLERS!! Stones rules!! Midnight Rambler is very good version on Get Your leeds Lungs Out too JB, what do you think? Jagger was crazy!!! Take care man!! See ya!
02-20-03 04:10 PM
jb Leeds was my first boot and I was so fucking mesmerized when Mick would say "This is a new rocker" and launch into Bitch or Brown Sugar.....also Dead Flowers is superb! Take care...
02-20-03 04:21 PM
J.J.Flash Hi Sir JB, thanks for your attention with me. I really apreciate this in a people. Thank you so much! Bitch really "fucks" (girls, sorry my words )me every time I heard it on Get Your Leed Lungs Out. See ya man! Keep Rockin�!
02-20-03 09:55 PM
Madafaka
quote:
jb wrote:
Do not buy any boots post 1978..you will be sorely disappointed. Brussels, handsome Girls, Sydney 73, Happy Birthday Nicky shows 1 and 2, Leed Lungs, LA Friday , Hillside Blues, A few heart broken, a few strings busted.(if you do buy any post 78 boots, Jersey Devils and Stripped companion are a must). God bless you...

Jersey Devils rulez! You're fuckin' right JB! What a boot my God!
Jumpin' How r u? Tudo legal hermano?
02-20-03 10:04 PM
sammy davis jr. Welcome To Mew York is a bitchin' boot from '72....good performances great sound. Mick T rocks on it.
02-21-03 02:12 AM
Vinyl kills While were on the subject, how are these '72 boots:

"STONES TOURING PARTY" 7 CD
(If you got the one above, which boots would you not need? or are some of the single or double CD's of these dates sound better?)

"UNRELEASED DECCA LIVE ALBUM"

"PHILADELPHIA SPECIAL 1 AND 2"

"PLUG IN FLUSH OUT"

"VANCOUVER FIRST NIGHT"

"A FEW HEARTS BROKEN A FEW STRINGS BUSTED"

"JUICED UP AND SLOPPY"

"MIDNIGHT MAGIC"

"DRAGON SLAYERS"

"SHE LIKED THE WAY I HELD THE MICROPONE"

"AHMET ERTEGUN, THANK YOU KINDLY"

"FORT WORTH EXPRESS" both shows

"A HARD SHOT TO THE BODY"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN"

"KEEP YOUR MOTOR RUNNING"

"STANDING AT THE KITCHEN DOOR"

"GINSOAKED BARROOM QUEEN IN BOSTON"

"JACK DANIELS ON TOUR"

"GRASS WIDOW"

"VERY ANCIENT, THANK YOU KINDLY"

"DRIPPIN' HONEY"

"SWEET HOME CHICAGO"

"PHONE SEX ON THE WAY TO PITTSBURGH"

"THE ROYAL DRAGON"

"WELCOME TO NEW YORK"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICK"

Mega thanks to all the STONES ROYALTY on this board!!!

02-22-03 11:46 AM
Vinyl kills Anybody?
02-22-03 01:59 PM
shanower If you have the Rattlesnake 7CD STP set, you don't need Welcome to New York, the Philadelphia Specials or any of the Ft. Worth CDs (Ft. Worth Express, Ahmet Ertegun, Hard Shot to the Body, A Few Strings Busted, etc.). These shows are on the STP set in best quality in my opinion. So while the STP set is expensive, it saves you from having to buy a bunch of different CDs and it gives you the best quality versions. Rattlesnake is now out of business and so originals of this set will be scarce.
02-22-03 02:08 PM
shanower I also think if you have the 7CD set, you won't need Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly. The Washington D.C. show is not on the STP set, so Jack Daniels on Tour would be addition, although it is an audience recording. It has a great version of Gimme Shelter and the performance is very good in my opinion. The Pittsburgh soundboard (Royal Dragon) is also not on the STP set. Neither are the Chicago (She Liked the Way I Held the Microphone) or San Francisco (Midnight Magic) shows. There are a few songs from Vancouver on the STP set. While a number of the songs on the Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack (i.e., VGP's You Can't Do That, Baby) are on the STP set, I don't think it's 100% duplicative and so that one would probably be an addition. I'm not sure about whether there would be any reason to get the Unreleased Decca Live Album if you had the 7 CD set. I assume there are some overdubs on it that would not be on the STP set, so maybe if that's important to you.
02-22-03 04:00 PM
Mannish Bwoy Thanks a lot guys, very usefull!
Mannish Bwoy
02-22-03 04:40 PM
Vinyl kills Extremely useful! a million thanks!
02-22-03 04:54 PM
Madafaka Rattlesnake is out of business and Dandelion too.
Aparently, they lost a lot of cds in a Holland store. That is roumored, I don't know if is exactly.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST